- Seasoned IT Professional with over 15 years of solid experience across the SDLC, including project planning and execution, business analysis, test environment planning and support, SQA and performance testing, defect management, release management, onshore/offshore model, and production support.
- Experienced with manual, automated, and performance test engineering.
- Experienced and certified in IT QA best practices
- Ability to successfully balance multiple, concurrent projects from inception to post - deployment for multiple application teams.
- Experienced with Iterative, Waterfall, and Agile software development environments.
- Well versed in Project Management best practices, IT Unified Process, and SQA Methodology.
- Efficient scheduling and coordination of application code releases to multiple environments.
- Able to identify and implement process improvements and mitigation plans as necessary to address fluctuating conditions and risks within software release programs.
- Highly effective communicator. Well developed business acumen and relationship management skills.
Case Tools: Rational Rose
Languages: SQL, C, C++, HTML, Java, Visual Basic, Mercury TSL, XML
Operating Systems: Windows XP Professional, 2000, NT, ME,, Unix 4.0, AS400.
Work Tools: Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearDDTS, Rational ClearQuest, Business Objects, Mercury WinRunner, HP LoadRunner Controller/Vugen/Analyzer, HP Performance Center, HP Quality Center, HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), TOAD, MS Project, Lotus Notes, MS Exchange, MS Outlook, MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), MS Access, MS Visio, MS Lync, MS Skype for Business, Webex, Sharepoint.
Quality Assurance Project Manager
- Served as Project Manager for the Environment and Configuration Management Teams in support of the ADT and Protection1 merger.
- Successfully managed buildout, standup, and support of multiple fully integrated test environments in support of QA, Performance Test, Breakfix and Training efforts.
- Managed project budget for new environment buildouts and environment integration support.
- Managed environment buildout schedules and resource utilization across multiple ADT and ProtectionOne teams during new environment buildout. Teams included Dev, Test, DBA, Middleware, Configuration Management, Operations Management and other support personnel as needed.
- Responsible for supporting fluctuating dependencies due to relocating environment components for special projects.
- Maintained environment documentation on Confluence and Sharepoint sites, in contribution/alignment with Configuration Management Team.
- Created initial Code Sync process for CM Team and contributed to Data Refresh policy implemented across multiple environments. Assisted with scheduling and status.
- Responsible for facilitating weekly touchpoint meeting across Development Leads, QA Managers, Ops Leads, Configuration Management, and various application PMs to communicate issues, changes to environments and schedules, confirm production deployment readiness, identify QA signoff issues and other issues impacting test environments and successful production deployments.
- Managed and successfully delivered a Configuration Management Playbook project, creating full playbooks for multiple applications. Playbook items included project plans, full buildout and user setup procedures for app and db, environment management processes (manual and devops), smoke test planning, environment diagrams (logical, physical, dependency matrix), among other deliverables.
- Successfully organized bridge/chat sessions for environment deployments for individual applications and multiple interconnected application suites, including final smoke test and turnover.
- Managed weekly updates and communication of Enterprise Release Calendar, maintaining dates and projects in grid and gantt format across multiple environments for multiple applications.
Quality Assurance Project Manager
- Served as Project Manager for a team of 40 offshore QA resources and 4 onshore QA resources..
- Managed resource allocation, planning and scheduling for 12+ ongoing proprietary and 3rd party software QA projects.
- Collaborated with BSAs to define customizations for Service Now Test Management Module.
- Used JIRA tool to coordinate with Sprints managed by other project managers for projects impacting the QA team.
- Utilized MS Project to manage multiple projects and test team resources.
- Served as backup to QA Manager for project approvals, timesheet approvals and oversight of QA Team projects when needed.
- Facilitated requirements walkthroughs between BSAs, developers and QA Team, socialized QA estimate of effort documentation and worked with other project managers to finalize project schedules.
- Facilitated daily defect remediation touchbases during test execution phase of QA projects, encouraging dialogue between developers, BSAs and testers to resolve issues and bring defects to closed state.
- Coordinated with PMO project managers to manage deployments to QA environment.
- Attended daily standups for multiple projects to represent the QA Team.
- Collaborated with Kforce Global to communicate skillset needs for new testers and bring new test resources through the onboarding pipeline for placement.
Confidential - Los Colinas, TX
Consultant - Project Lead
- Established and managed offshore/onshore QA team of 12, consisting of associate consultants, senior consultants, and one managing consultant. This team provided expertise in automation and manual testing for BNSF's Train Management and Dispatch System.
- Directed QA team during review, validation, and automation of client's existing test documentation to create full regression test case repository.
- Defined test case writing best practices and provided client training to improve quality and accuracy of test cases during test case development.
- Participated in final resume reviews, interviews, and talent selection for consultants on the project. Also oversaw training and utilization of new test resources.
- Optimized onshore/offshore communications to manage day to day QA team activities, address challenges, and monitor progress. Facilitated daily QA team meetings and daily QA team/Client collaboration sessions.
- Provided guidance and hands-on assistance to QA team during HP ALM setup and initial import/organization of 4000 test cases from MS Excel.
- Facilitated daily Triage meetings between client and offshore team to effectively process defects created in ALM during test execution.
- When needed, provided hands-on assistance with reviewing, re-writing, and executing client test cases.
- Established and maintained project plan for Test Factory effort, tracking project milestones to Account Program Manager's overall project plan.
- Created and disseminated daily/weekly MS Excel status and metrics to client stakeholders, director of overall test efforts for client, and account project management. After ALM introduction, modified and utilized packaged execution and defect reports and distributed to client as needed.
- Created and presented Automation Roadmap and Strategy for overall Test Factory automation efforts.
- Planned, scheduled, and facilitated manual and automated test demos from offshore team for Client, via Webex and Skype for Business.
- Provided guidance to client regarding SDLC and the role of QA in software development, including various types of testing (System test, Smoke Test, UAT, Regression).
- Collaborated with offshore team to develop and maintain a test case issue log system for validation, tracking, and resolution of incomplete or poor quality client test cases. Utilized issue log to track test case updates, validation of verification points, application issues, and possible defects.
- Partnered with onshore Automation Lead to identify automatable test cases, schedule design and development activities, track progress and determine readiness for execution.
- Partnered with onshore and offshore directors of overall client testing effort to procure equipment, and client infrastructure resources to establish test labs featuring offshore connectivity to onshore workstations and client application via Citrix.
System Test Manager
- Managed a team of 15 consultants, including onshore test leads and offshore test engineers in support of functional and integration testing for Broadband Correlation And Test System (BBCATS), Bandwidth Control System (BCS) and Network Reporting Service (NRS).
- Created and managed a team of test engineers and a test lead, responsible for coordinating test support activities for external interfacing applications, including scheduling, environment setup, data setup, troubleshooting and defect management.
- Coordinated test lead interaction with system engineering, software development, and project management groups to deliver accurate estimations of testing costs for quarterly release projects.
- Accountable for delivering high quality, on-time releases within +\-5% of estimated cost, less overhead costs, for multiple projects with various external and internal interfacing applications.
- Accountable for completion and authorized approval of test team deliverables according to ITUP and Streamlined ITUP.
- Identified and implemented process improvements to address fluctuating conditions within overall software release program.
- Monitored and escalated project risks as necessary to program management; also identified and implemented mitigation plans.
- Coordinated with offshore consultant management to address training needs, resource usage, and performance measurements of test leads and test engineers. Included resource planning for onshore/offshore rotations across overlapping releases.
- Responsible for reporting weekly status and metrics to Executive Directors and the Vice President of the Operations and Service Development organization
- Responsible for accurate spread of costs across overlapping releases based on onshore/offshore balance. Determined resource needs based on available funding and requested maintenance and support work
- Coordinated with system administration management for upgrades and tools associated with multiple system test and integrated system test environments.
- Created process flow documentation and input/output criteria for Performance Execution Team, coordinating input from multiple performance teams and project managers.
- Coordinated with application development and system admins to resolve issues during performance test scripting and execution, including monitoring back end application and server logs.
- Coordinated with development management and QA to identify workflows for load test scripting, determine target usage levels, and identify potential performance bottlenecks.
- Created workflows documentation and LoadRunner VuGen scripts for multiple applications, utilizing Web/HTML, Java, and Web Services protocols.
- Determined performance test goals and created performance test scenarios for execution from Mercury Performance Center.
- Compiled performance test results and created metrics for distribution to affected parties.
- Coordinated with development and system admins for access to application servers and databases for troubleshooting purposes during performance test execution.
- Created WinRunner Framework for new automation efforts.
- Created and executed LoadRunner scripts for Amdocs ITHD application.
- Reported Load Test progress during execution using Controller monitors.
- Maintained code for existing WinRunner and LoadRunner Scripts per release.
- Created and updated workflow documentation for existing and new WinRunner / LoadRunner scripts.
- Managed performance timing tests utilizing LoadRunner Controller and WinRunner scripts.
- Provided performance test and load test metrics to senior mgmt utilizing LoadRunner Analyzer and Excel.
- Coordinated with Amdocs resources during performance test process and provided results, analysis/metrics and recommendations for improvement to Amdocs management.
- Coordinated with Confidential &T and Amdocs development, configuration, database, and ops teams to manage ClearQuest defects and resolve issues.
- Utilized Rational ClearCase to document WinRunner scripts.
- Coordinated efforts of QC Automation Team. Managed development and execution of automated scripts. Performed Project Management duties using MS Project.
- Created/managed/executed processes and procedures for automation of Confidential &T Mobility billing and customer care applications.
- Coded new automated scripts and updated existing scripts via AS400, MSQuery, DOS and WinRunner.
- Managed/maintained QC Automation lab environment, coordinating with QC and Development.
- Coordinated with QC and Development to manage defects and process automation updates for application enhancements.
- Cingular Cash Accounting System (As Project Coordinator) - 2002
- Created release documentation from development to integration testing. Created and managed development activities in ClearQuest to resolve defects and determine impact to release schedule.
- Liaison between development, system integration, configuration management and IT business office.
- Created GUI requirements documentation, including mockups and widget attributes.
- Created revised functional and reporting requirements based on user interviews and existing code.
- POS-dot-com (Point of Sale) - 2002
- Created development unit test cases/plans from existing requirements.
- Served as liaison between development, system integration and configuration management
- Created release documentation for turnover to system integration testing.
- Managed development activities in ClearQuest to identify/resolve issues prior to code release to system integration
- Air Travel Plan Reengineering
- Coordinated development and data modeling teams during creation of logical model in Rational Rose, referencing previous system design in Erwin.
- Central point of contact for users of system, Delta management, development team and data modelers.
- Connection Carrier Migration - Team Lead
- Coordinated migration of connection carrier Payroll/HR applications onto upgraded Delta LAN
- Performed Project Management duties for overall project utilizing MS Project.
- Coordinated with sys admins to resolve hardware/software/database integrity issues, server configurations and locations, testing and final signoffs.
- Delta ERP Initiative
- Central point of contact between legacy developers, SAP developers, integration analysts, Delta /connection carrier users and business process contacts. Resolved conflicts between groups.
- For SAP conversions and interfaces, worked with legacy developers to identify existing file layouts needed. Coordinated sessions with legacy and SAP to determine new file layouts.
- Airport Renewal
- As Finance Apps distribution lead: Coordinated distributions via Tivoli to test environment, also production pilot and general production.
- Resolved distribution failures in test/production environments.
- Coordinated with vendors of COTS applications to ensure successfully integrated builds.
- Performed integration and regression testing for software application suites, software patch packages and individual application distributions to existing builds.