O/S Platforms: Windows, UNIX (Solaris, HP, SCO5, AIX), iMac, Linux.
Concepts: Software Testing & Testing Techniques, Software Development Life Cycle, Test Automation (Rational and Mercury), Process Improvement.
Testing Types: Test Automation, Black box/Gray box Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing, Exploratory Testing techniques, Conversion Testing & Hardware device testing.
Abilities: Identify, reproduce & investigate bugs; Create test cases, test scripts; Develops positive relationships with Project Managers & Developers regarding bugs and testing status.
- Functional testing of the User Interface for the www.att.com website (including but not limited to Global Navigation, Search function, page formatting, taxon function, link checking, spelling, image checking, prices, discounts and promotions as well as verification of catalog database information and user account pages).
- Worked with Producers, Implementers and Release Management personnel to get all the scheduled Daily Release tickets out for the day, as well as provided clarification of roadblocks or delays.
- Reviewed Daily Release Tickets, which included Change Request Documents (CRD’s) that provided information on updates or additions (daily web page changes, bug fixes, short term projects), and executed manual tests.
- Tested new release of product pages (such as iPhone and Samsung etc.)
- Tested Emergency tickets as requested by the Triage Team
- Tests ran on desktops, laptops and mobile devices and against the browsers IE11, Firefox, Chrome and Navigator
- Ran Daily Release Production Check on a weekly basis to check all verifiable tickets in production for the day’s release. Wrote test cases based on CRD’s.
Quality Assurance Analyst/Software/Hardware Tester
- Lead in implementing testing templates for system & unit testing.
- Lead in implementing, training & support of an access database for defect tracking.
- Helped to implement test plan & specification walkthroughs.
- Creating Test Plans & Test Cases from specifications.
- Performing manual functional, system, integration, regression, BVT & acceptance testing.
- Black & Gray box testing (front & back end testing on GUI interface written in Progress).
- Conversion testing (database data validation using Report Builder tool & Progress code).
- Creating Test Plans & Test Cases.
Sr. Software Test Engineer
- Testing both the front - end & backend database.
- Mentoring other testers.
- Tracking defects.
- Keeping Project Manager updated on status of testing.
- Assigning testing tasks.
- Creating Test Plans.
- Creating testing checklists (test cases & use cases).
- Performing manual tests for a product which allows physicians and their staff to track patients, schedule appointments, and track notes via a web application or wireless device. It is written in ColdFusion and run on an SQL 7.0 server.
Sr. Software Test Engineer
- Lead in implementing testing templates for system testing.
- Helping in creating coding, testing & release procedures.
- Helping in implementing test plan & specification walkthroughs.
- Mentoring less experienced testers.
- Creating test cases, scripts & testing checklists.
- Black & Gray Box Testing using Exploratory testing techniques.
- Testing Flash4 presentations and audio visual streaming & animation.
- Creating test schedules.
- Load testing with Mercury’s LoadTest, & determining what load the server should support & if it was appropriate for our use.
- Defect reporting and tracking using StarTeam.
- Assisting in the decision to go live with a site, or not.
- Keeping the Project Manager and QA Director updated on status of testing.
- Assigning testing tasks to my team members.
Software Test Engineer
- Automating previously written tests for the insurance company, using the SQA TeamTest.
- Manual black box & gray box testing for several different projects:
- Time/Billing program.
- Claims Total Loss System.
- General Ledger and Accounts Payable system.
- Creation of a web based terms definition database.
- Testing Confidential 's web based Electronic Forms.
- Evaluating new types of testing software.
Quality Assurance/Software Test Analyst
- Creating, running and maintaining the SQA (now Rational) automated test scripts. These automated tests were then used as regression testing & BVT’s run every morning.
- Two major releases of complete lifecycle of product.
- Running test scripts written by others, for various other projects. These tests were run as a part of the Porting process.