- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and well acquainted with Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Possess excellent skills in Manual Testing of various Web based and Client/server applications.
- Experienced in working closely with the Development Team, QA Team, Users and Project Managers during all phases of the Product Life Cycle.
- Experience in Writing and Executing the Test Cases based on Requirements.
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile methodologies (Agile SCRUM Methodology).
- Very good at defect tracking and reporting using the Defect Tracking tools HP ALM.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries for Backend Testing.
- Extensive experience in Software Configuration Management using Version Control tool VSS.
- Regression testing with multiple browsers (IE, Chrome and Firefox) to meet cross browser requirements.
- Experience in different types of testing like GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Smoke Testing, System Testing, Back End Testing and Regression Testing.
- Possess good analytical and logical skills coupled with interpersonal, communication, presentation, documentation and self - organizing skills, a committed team player.
- Possess very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, quick learner and diligent.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and Work independently, as well as in team environment, to achieve project quality goals.
Manual Testing: Functional, Regression, System, Database.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, UNIX, Linux
Languages: C, Java, SQL.
Scripting Languages: VB Script
Testing Tools: HP ALM.
Databases: Oracle, MY SQL
Microsoft Tools: MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point)
Version Control Tools: Microsoft VSS.
- Created Test Plan based on the Functional Specification documents.
- Developed Manual test scenarios and test cases from Business Requirements Documents, Functional Specification Documents for the Application under Test.
- Performed backend testing to validate the show codes, OTO counts, TSV’s.
- Worked with Apps Dev team members and Business Analysts for the sign off of the Test scenarios and test cases.
- Tested Data Integrity by executing SQL queries against database.
- Participated in Daily Stand up meetings and completed status reports at the end of each day.
- Performed for smoke testing, regression testing, and functional testing and also participated in UAT.
- Worked with business users for UAT.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to track the requirements.
- Used HP ALM for Test Management and Defect tracking.
Environment: HP ALM 11.0, AQT V9, Java, SQL SERVER 2008, IBM DB2, Microsoft Office Tools, SharePoint
- Review documents to understand testing requirements, test environments and objectives
- Developed various test scenarios and test cases from system requirements and system design document.
- Managed and Tracked bugs through HP ALM
- Worked with Project Manager, Leads, Developers and Designers to monitor and improve quality of the project.
- Used Soap UI to test Web services (SOA).
- Developed Test Cases, Test Data and Test Reports.
- Wrote and executed SQL Statements to retrieve data from database.
- Worked with development team to ensure testing issues are resolved on the basis of using defect reports.
- Performed Cross Browser testing to check the compatibility of the Application with different Browsers like Mozilla Firefox, IE and Chrome.
- Wrote SQL Queries to retrieve data from different tables to validate the data.
- Worked in Agile (Scrum) environment.
- Prepared Requirements Traceability Matrix to map test cases with requirements.
- Participated in Sprint planning, Retrospective and Backlog Grooming Sessions.
- Participated in Sprint Planning meetings, Sprint Review meetings and Scrum meetings.
- Participated in UAT support and interacted with clients to help to do their testing done in UAT.
Environment: HP ALM, HTML, LINUX, Windows 8/7/XP, MS Office Tools, MS Visio, Ace Project, Toad, MySQL, SOAP UI.
- Development and customizations of Reports and Data Conversions.
- Involved in registration of concurrent programs, Executables, Creation of Responsibilities, request groups, menus, values sets, and functions in System Administration.
- Involved in writing Control Files for SQL Loading.
- Executing concurrent programs from PL/SQL.
- Used Appworx for scheduling jobs automatically.
- Defining Menu, Reports.
- Defining Concurrent Programs, Executables.
Environment: TOAD, SQL*Loader, Oracle 9i, Linux, Putty, Remedy.