To earn a progressive and challenging position as a QA tester and work with an organization that gives me a scope to contribute positively by conducting quality assurances tests to analyze the performance of a product from user’s perspective.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development and Testing life Cycles (SDLC ) and STLC. Importance of QA in Development/ Enhancement and maintenance of software applications.
- Extensive experience in analyzing business requirements and specifications, development and execution of Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Good exposure to Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Defect management, Reporting and tracking.
- Exposure in Manual testing and automation testing QTP and Tracking defects using Quality Center (QC).
- Knowledge in Black box Testing, White box testing, Unit Testing, User acceptance testing, Functional, Integration, GUI, System, Usability, RegressionPerformance, Security, Stress Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT),
- Proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL), Joins, Triggers in preparing Test data by retrieving data from Relational Databases Oracle, MS - SQL.
- Knowledge of Loadrunner.
- Expertise in Manual and Automated Testing in different project methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Waterfall etc.
- Expertise in Problem solving and Bug Tracking Reports using Bug tracking Tool-JIRA.
- Good knowledge in Banking, Financial, Travel, Insurance and Telecom Billing sectors with strong Business and Functional knowledge.
Operating System: Window NT/2000/XP, UNIX
Language: SQL, SQL Plus, PL/SQL, HTML, CSSTesting Tools: WinRunner 8.0/7.5/7.01 , QuickTestPro(QTP) 9.0/8.0LoadRunner 9.0/8.0, Test Director 8.0, Quality Center(QC) 9.0QA Methodologies: Standards & Procedures Development, STLC, Test plan Design & Development, Planning Automated Testing Strategy
Web Browsers: IE, Mozilla, Firefox
Software Applications: MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Visual Basic, C
- Effective written and verbal communication and detailed person.
- Excellent knowledge of the industry and organization skills.
- Strong record of customer satisfaction.
- Proven success in meeting or exceeding customer needs as an individual contributor and as team member.
- Excellent Organization, Analytical and Problem Solving skills and ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Time Management: Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, prioritize tasks, make decisions.
Environment: ASP.Net, SQL Server, Ultra Apps
- Understanding Requirement and Functional Specification documents of the In house travel department (Web Portal Application).
- Developed different types of checklist for Business Rules and Requirements verification.
- Test Plan documentation.
- Retrieving data using the SQL database.
- Execution of the Test Scenarios (listed in the Test Plan) keeping in view the Requirements and Screen Specifications documents and reporting of Bugs in the Testing Tool.
- Creating requirements in Quality Center.
- To Perform Black box Testing, includes Sanity, Smoke, Functionality, Regression testing (includes Sanity, Smoke, and Functionality), Integration testing (includes Sanity, Smoke, and Functionality), Installation testing (includes Sanity, Smoke, and Functionality) and Concurrency Testing and creation of related periodic Reports.
- To generate and provide all types of Bug and Status Reports (weekly and other periodic reports required by management and the development team) in the predefined formats in time.
- To assure quality of the verified modules.
- Meet the deadlines set by the management by investing more time.
- Communication with the site team as per needs and participation in scheduled meetings.
- Worked on testing the app - Performed test to evaluate the performance, efficiency of the app.
- Testing to check the functionality of the app. If the contents are loading accurately.
- Testing for new feature for private channels and web applications for broken links.
- Release management - Before releasing the new version or new feature testing to test if it works according to the requirements.
- Attended weekly defect report meetings and presented progress updates.
- Worked on JIRA - Logging defects and picking each test case and retesting to make sure the bug is fixed.