- Ten plus years of IT experience with emphasis on Quality Assurance using Client/Server and Web based applications using LoadRunner, Performance Center and JMeter with strong business understanding knowledge of Financial, Telecommunications, Retail and inventory management projects.
- Solid experience with Mercury/HP/Microfocus LoadRunner Performance Test Suite.
- Expertise in creating Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test cases and documentation from business, technical and functional requirements.
- Extensive experience in load testing, performance testing, stress testing, benchmark testing, endurance testing, fail over testing.
- Good experience in testing both SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI, Postman, JMeter and LoadRunner on both XML and JSON format.
- Hands on experience on performance monitoring tools like AppDynamics, HP SiteScope, HP Diagnostics, Dynatrace, Nmon.
- Experience working in Agile environment with emphasis on Product Backlog and User Story creation and prioritization, Story Point Estimation and risk analysis.
- Experience in preparation Test report Metrics, Test Plan, Defect Analysis & Management, Release management, Traceability metrics using Test Director.
- Strong experience with performance tuning Web Sphere - Application Server (WAS tuning).
- Ability to interpret Event Log entries for use in identifying root cause. Familiarity with SOAP, IIS configuration, Web Services, NT Services.
- Identified performance issues with Load Balancer configuration and Settings, memory leaks, WAS Tuning, Web Server session management, Server maintenance, deadlock conditions, database connectivity and hardware profiling.
- Experience with SAP Load and Performance testing and support.
- Hands on experience in multiple protocols Web HTTP/HTML, Flex, Oracle NCA, Siebel, Web Services, AJAX-TruClient, Citrix and Java Protocol.
- Experience in log file analysis for finding performance bottleneck using tools like Splunk and GC Viewer.
- Hands on experience working with Onshore-offshore model.
- Hands on experience in Sun Solaris, Ubuntu and Linux operating systems.
- Hands on experience on Cloud platforms Google cloud, Amazon AWS and MS azure.
Performance Testing Tools: LoadRunner, JMeter, SOAP UI
Performance Monitoring Tools: HP SiteScope, HP Diagnostics, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, NMON, AWR reports, Cloud Watch, Splunk
Production Monitoring Tools: HP Business Service Management, Business Process Monitor and Real User Monitor.
Cloud Platforms: Amazon AWS, Windows Azure, Digital Ocean and Google Cloud
Operating Systems: Linux, Sun Solaris, Ubuntu, Window Server 2003/2008R2/2012, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and Mac OS
Web Servers: Apache, IIS, Nginx
Application Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss and IBM MQ.
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, Informatica, MS Access, MY SQL
Confidential, Littleton, CO
Lead QA Analyst - Load & Performance
- Identified the Key Performance requirements for all the modules of the Application based on consultation with Business Analysts and End users.
- Developed Capacity Plan for entire system based on the Business usage, existing production usage and projected usage. Created the Project Performance Test Strategy.
- Performance tested SAP HR Portal, Federal EIS Portal and National Car Parks Projects. Tested Compensation Planning, Employee Self Service, Manager Self Service, Succession Planning, and Business Intelligence as part of the SAP Project effort.
- Designed and developed performance testing scripts, functions, scenarios, processes for simple to complex testing situations using HP/Micro Focus LoadRunner.
- Responsible for recording and replaying scripts for different business scenarios and involved in script enhancements with heavy correlations and parameterization.
- Analyze test results and coordinate with development teams for bug fixes. Analyze root causes of performance issues and provide corrective actions.
- Monitored server and client-side metrics while running Load tests using different monitoring tools like AppDynamics.
- Using LoadRunner, execute multi-user performance tests, used online monitors, real-time output messages and other features of the LoadRunner Controller.
- Used JMeter and SOAtest for small volume load testing.
Environment: HP LoadRunner 12.55, HP Performance Center 11.52 and 12.55, ALM, JMeter, AppDynamics, Web Services, SOAP UI, .Net, Java, Salesforce.
Confidential, Broomfield, CO
Manager - Automation, Load & Performance, Regression
- Managed a team of 5 Onshore and 7 Offshore resources.
- Coordinated/Lead a team to develop a UI regression dashboard report which fetches regression report of all the scrums teams from rally for every release.
- Coordinated/Lead a team to develop a defect report which fetches the overview of all the defects logged across all the scrums teams for every release from rally.
- Implementation of ITCDM deployment notifications using Jenkins.
- Batch schedulers for test scripts for manual deployments.
- Coordinate efforts to add new methods to the existing Selenium web driver framework.
- Effectively communicate all the load testing results, findings, identify bottlenecks, system behavior under load (using SiteScope) and prepare final results report.
- Coordinated load testing activities with Dev teams, Infrastructure/support teams, DBA's when needed to perform load tests in the integrated environment.
Environment: HP LoadRunner, HP Performance Center 11.52, Selenium, JMeter, QTP, Postman, REST Web Services, SOAP UI, Rally.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Performance Testing Lead
- Responsible for the Test lab setup and the Load Testing Infrastructure such as Controller machines, Load Generators, IP Address reservation needed for IP Spoofing etc.
- Designed and developed the Load Test Scripts using a variety of protocols including WEB/HTTP, Siebel-Web, Citrix and Winsock.
- Responsible for fixing the advance correlation and logging in the Vuser scripts and taking care of the problems faced by the Load testing team.
- Created the Load Test scenarios from scratch including assigning Vusers for each script, adding monitors for the system and WebLogic Application Server, assigning load test generators, Configuring runtime settings and scheduler aspect of LoadRunner Controller.
- Identified the bottlenecks in the application. Mainly identified a database contention issue while grabbing the next available Quote ID and got it fixed by adding indexes.
- Used ITKO LISA for Load & Performance Testing to directly exercise individual components, business processes, and system-wide SOA workflows from design, through deployment.
- Analyze, interpret and summarize meaningful and relevant results in a complete Performance Test Report. Created various vital graphs that would explain and demonstrate the Application’s and the Hardware’s ability to support the user load.
- Responsible for briefing the managers about the load test results and participated in the strategies for fixing the issues identified during the load test if any.
- Implemented Clear Quest for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Conducted weekly project status meetings and updated the process accordingly.
Environment: Mercury LoadRunner 9.0, BEA Web Logic 8.10, HP SiteScope 9.0, Siebel 7, Oracle 10G/9i, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, Unix, Windows 20003 Server
Confidential, Naperville, IL
Senior LoadRunner Consultant
- Reviewed Business Requirement Documents and the Technical Specification.
- Reviewed the Performance Survey and the Work Load Document.
- Wrote Performance Test Plans comprising of main consumer scenario.
- Involved in stress testing and performance testing using Load Runner 8.1.
- Wrote Load runner scripts using Load runner and executed the scenarios using Controller 8.1.
- Measured the application response times under different Vuser loads
- Monitored the database and application servers.
- Design, create and execute automated performance test scripts using LoadRunner and Monitors for accurately testing SAP Modules/Portals and related enterprise infrastructure
- Prepared Correlation and Parameterization statements for the scripts wherever required.
- Monitored the Web/Application servers to monitor the connection leaks and memory leaks in the application during the scenario execution.
- Measured Virtual and Private Bytes of the Operating Systems to find out the memory leaks.
- Measured CPU utilization on all the machines that is being used for the Performance Test.
- Created the final Performance Assessment Report.
- Update the Quality Center with Load test results after each test and create a summary report for each test.
- Closely worked with developers and System Engineers to nail down the technical problems.
Environment: LoadRunner 8.1, Mercury Quality Center 8.2, Business Availability Center, SiteScope, Oracle 10g, Java, Mercado, JBoss, Apache, ATG, SAP.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Senior QA Consultant
- Responsible for preparing Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Test Plans.
- Expertise in mentoring the team members as Mercury tools domain expert.
- Recorded Complex Vuser scripts and incorporated rendezvous point.
- Customizing and correlating the scripts recorded with WEB and Oracle NCA Protocol.
- The tests were run with virtual users for load according to Clients requirements and Performance Monitor was used to monitor and analyze the performance of the server by generating various reports for CPU utilization, Memory Usage etc.
- Design and build automated performance test scripts using LoadRunner to load test IBM Web sphere MQ Series and Web/Win socket environments
- Perform application benchmark testing, interpret test results and work with the developers, Database Administrators, System Administrators, System Architects, for capacity planning and tuning purposes.
- Identified performance issues with Load Balancer configuration and Settings, memory leaks, Web Server session management, deadlock conditions, database connectivity and hardware profiling.
- Expertise in performance testing (load, stress, volume), Performance Analysis, Optimization and Tuning of SAP Systems
- Used Business Availability Center to optimize availability, performance and effectiveness
- Involved in WebSphere Application Server (WAS) Tuning before the applications are installed into the production Web Sphere Application Server distributed environment
- Designed and developed an intranet application for EIT to publish Performance analysis over Confidential ’s intranet.
- Well versed in using LoadRunner’s Siebel web, PeopleSoft, Citrix ICA, SAP, Web HTTP, Web Services, WinSock, Corba-Java, protocols.
Environment: LoadRunner 8.0, Windows NT/2000, Performance Center 8.0, QTP 8.0, Test Director 8.0, Mercury Quality Center 8.2, Business Availability Center, SiteScope, Topaz, Oracle 9.0.1, Java, PeopleSoft Financials 8, HTML, IIS 4.0/5.0.