A detail oriented professional with experience in the field of Software Quality Assurance (QA) and Software Testing on various platforms and environments. Experience in writing and executing test plans, designing test cases and procedures, creating bug documentation, creating test summary reports. Seeking a permanent position where I can enhance my expertise and implement my technical, analytical and business skills to contribute to the organization’s growth and deliver value.
- Two years of experience in Information Technology, with emphasis on Software testing, IT Infrastructure (ITI) services.
- Experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer in QA Methodologies and QA testing of various Application Systems using Manual and Automated testing techniques ((QTP)) for both Web and Client/Server based applications.
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Test Design, Deriving Test strategy, Testing methodologies and processes.
- Good understanding of quality assurance testing methodology relative to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC) aspects such as developing Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases (Manual / Automated), Defect Reports and developing Test Scripts, Traceability Matrices and Test Environments.
- Expertise in Functional testing, Integration testing, Black box testing, GUI testing, Backend - testing, Regression testing, Browser compatibility testing.
- Expertise in analysis of Software Requirement Specifications and development of Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Analysis Report..
- Proficiency in Defect management, including Defect creation, modification, tracking, reporting using industry standard tools like Quality Center 10.0.
- Expertise in developing, test Scenarios, preparing test data, and creating bug documentation.
- Excellent knowledge and working experience with test execution and test results analysis.
- Creating Automation resources such as Object repositories function libraries etc.
- Creating Tests/Test Scripts using keyword driven methodology or descriptive programming.
- Experience in testing software applications and meeting the project goals within the time constraints.
- Experience in estimation of test efforts in Coordination of test schedules with overall project schedules.
- Documented Issues and Mitigated risks, Acknowledged Internal and External Dependencies and communication plan.
- Liaise with developers, business analysts, and user representatives in application design and document reviews.
- Leverage knowledge of object-oriented programming to help validate, verify, communicate and resolve software issues through careful, thoroughly documented testing to maximize return on investment (ROI) for IT initiatives.
- Working experience on Autosys Infrastructure and monitoring Autosys jobs.
- Knowledge in Incident management.
- Strong team player with superior analytical, troubleshooting, communication and presentation skills.
- Focused towards quality improvement and quality adherence and works towards customer satisfaction.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Very good team player.
- Fast learner & can work independently with minimal or no supervision.
Testing Tools: Manual Testing, Automated Testing, soapUI 5.0.0, QTP 10.0, Load Runner 9.0
Languages: SQL, XML, basic familiarity C#, Java .
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle 10g.
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, Windows 7/Vista/2000/XP/98, UNIX (Linux, Solaris)
Web Technologies/ Tools: HTML, MS office suite - Word, Excel, Power Point, MS SharePoint
QA Analyst/Test Engineer
Environment: Manual testing, Quality Center 10.0.
Tools: Quality center 10.0, Quick Test Professional (QTP) 10.0, Toad for oracle 8.6
- Preparing Test plan, test scripts and test cases by understanding the business logic and user requirements.
- Working with the development team to create a suite of test data (both input files and expected results) that fully exercises data validation.
- Perform system, acceptance, regression, load and functional testing on the application using both automated and manual testing methods.
- Finding, documenting and reporting bugs, errors, interoperability flaws and other issues within proprietary software applications developed for UBS Company’s global user base.
- Escalated issues to developers and verified fixes.
- Preparing defect reports for daily/weekly status meetings.
- Attended daily/weekly/adhoc defect report meetings and presented progress updates.
- Preparing Test results and created/updated test summary reports.
- Documented test artifacts as required.
- Assist in scheduling activities and new members of the team.
Senior Systems Executive
Environment: Unicenter Enterprise job manager, UNIX, Autosys, Multi Domain Security (MDS) checks.
Tools: Workload Command Centre (WCC), Manual Testing, Automated Testing.
- Systems administration, maintenance and monitoring various day-to-day operations.
- User and Group Administration - adding, modifying, removing according to UBS Standards.
- Providing value added customer services by attending to customer queries and issues.
- Monitoring of Event Engines and creating tickets for the alerts and coordinate with L3 Team.
- Involved in various ITIL processes like Change Management and Incident Management.
- Monitoring of Server health and availability.
- Scheduling jobs using WCC tool.
- Monitoring the mainframe jobs and scheduling the jobs in event engine through UNIX.; Analyzing and re- running the failed jobs.
- Management of Outages on the complete IT Infrastructure of the client.
- This involved identifying the root cause and identifying the clients impacted and sending out appropriate notifications for providing the status of Business Impacted.