- 5+ years of experience in the Quality Assurance and Software Testing of client / Server and Web based applications.
- Experienced in Software Quality Assurance Testing, analysis, Validation and Documentation of Web Based and GUI.
- Experienced in developing and analyzing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, test data, execution of regression test scripts and analyze Test Results.
- Well - versed with software QA testing procedure; Actively participated in all type of reviews including Project Requirements, design documents, business documents, Test Cases, Test log and Defects.
- Strong testing Quality Assurance experience within agile environment as well as waterfall.
- Extensively worked in all phases of testing include Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, System testing, Backend testing, Regression testing and User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Experienced in working with HP ALM /Quality Center including Site Administration.
- Proficient in creating and developing Test plan, Test cases, Test data and executing Test cases to produce bug or defect and reports on resolved bugs using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Experienced in writing and executing SQL queries for Data Verifications, Data Validations and Data Integrity.
- Strong Manual Testing background and highly proficient in QC/ALM & JIRA.
- Experience working as Site admin & project admin on QC/ALM.
- Solid experience with Automation Testing Tool using QTP/UFT.
- Experienced in developing VB scripts in QTP/UFT to perform functional, regression, system and end to end testing.
- Actively participated in creating Automation Frameworks using QTP/UFT.
- Experienced in designing and implementing of Automation Frameworks for structuring automation scripts.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Organized, attention to details, self-motivation, personable, multi - focused and ability to meet project milestones and deliverable dates.
- Good team player strived to improve customer satisfaction and have ability to work independently.
Testing Tools: Quick Quality Center ALM, QTP (UFT), Soap UI, Jira
Operating systems: Windows, UNIX
Programming Language: Java, VB.NET, Visual Basic, SQL, PL/SQL, VB Script
Web & App Servers: Web logic Server, IIS and Java Web Server
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access.
Applications: MS Office, MS Excel
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
QA Functional Testing Analyst
- Gathered requirements from Business Analysts to make sure the testing covers all different scenarios.
- Involved in preparation of Test plans, Test strategies and Test methodologies.
- Documented Test cases corresponding to business rules and other operating conditions.
- Wrote test cases to test the application manually.
- Created and executed Test Scripts and Test Cases based on business requirements.
- Conducted Black Box, Functional, Smoke, GUI, Regression, System and UAT testing manually.
- Used QC/ALM to design Test Documents, including Test Plans, Test Requirements, Test Cases and Test Procedures for functional testing.
- Reported and reviewed defects with the development team using QC/ALM.
- Responsible for consolidating the test results sent by testers and updating QC/ALM.
- Used SQL Quires for Back end testing.
- Validated the data in the database by ruing SQL queries.
- Used UFT to perform data driven testing with many different sets of data.
- Tested the Application by inserting checkpoints and synchronization points in test scripts using UFT.
- Involved in defect validation and regression testing using UFT.
- Developed both Data-driven and Keyword-driven Framework using UFT.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Involved in the testing of the UI Interface and cross browser testing.
- Prepared and presented test results and reports.
- Documented the project sign off and other project closure activities.
- Responsible for testing the site in all the windows operating systems including the Windows in order to check the compatibility of the site.
Environment: ALM, UFT, Java, Java Script, VBScript, Linux, Oracle, HTML, SQL, XML, MS Office, Windows.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Involved in gathering requirement and discussed with Development team to understand and analyzed the Product Requirements thoroughly.
- Involved in implementing and writing of Test Plans based on the requirements.
- Created Scenarios and performed scenario based testing.
- Designed, updated and reviewed Test Cases.
- Developed detailed Test scenario, Entrance and Exit criteria for the application being tested and ensured that standards for documentation were followed.
- Modified of existing Test Plans and Test Scripts for regression testing.
- Enhanced and maintained test scripts for different builds of the application and according to the changing system requirements.
- Performed negative and positive testing for the application.
- Performed GUI testing, Smoke testing, Black box testing, Functional testing, System testing, Integration testing, Back end, User Acceptance and Regression testing.
- Created Test scripts for the Test Execution and Documented the Reports using HP Quality Center.
- Logged the defects in HP Quality Center and created Test Metrics to analyze the defects.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to perform the Backend testing of the Database.
- Created and enhanced automation test scripts using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Conducted functional regression testing for each build and version using QTP.
- Developed external custom functions using VBScript and using Descriptive Programming for QTP.
- Generated Weekly Reports, Defect Reports and Customized Summary Reports.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancements and Modification Request issues.
Environment: HP Quality Center, HP QTP, Windows, UNIX, Java, J2EE, SQL Server, VB Script, Oracle, MS Office.
Confidential, Reston VA
- Participated on requirement walk thru meeting to better understand the requirement.
- Involved in analyzing the application.
- Developed of test cases by utilizing the business requirement document.
- Performed complete Integration, and End-to-End testing and User Acceptance testing of the application.
- Involved in System testing of the entire applications along with team members.
- Wrote automated Test Scripts for Regression Testing using Quick Test Pro.
- Reported and tracked defects in ALM.
- Created status reports and reporting daily updates to project management teams.
- Developed automated test script using Quick Test Pro for the Test Cases
- Written Data Driven test cases to handle the scenario requiring multiples sets of data.
- Reported defects to the team lead and helped the developer to resolve the technical issues.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix in Excel.
- Analyzed and imported test data from spreadsheets into QC/ALM
- Involved in weekly meetings with the development team to resolve technical issues.
Environment: HP Quality Center, HP QTP, Windows, Java, SQL Server, VB Script, Oracle, MS Office.