- Over 6 years of Experience in Software Testing using Manual/Functional Testing of Web - based and Client/Server applications.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Software Testing Life Cycle.
- In-depth experience with Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall development models across various projects.
- In Agile environment attended Sprint Planning and Sprint Grooming meeting to analyze the Sprint Backlog items.
- Solid experience in analyzing Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) and assisting in developing Test Plan.
- Well experienced in Test Cases Preparation, Test Case Execution, Traceability matrix using Jira, Rally, HP ALM Test Management Tools.
- Extensive Experience in Bug analysis, Logging Defect, Reporting and Closing Defect using Jira, Rally, HP ALM Test Management Tools.
- Experienced with Black Box Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing, Functional Testing and Regression Testing.
- Expertise in creating/developing Test Cases and assisted in developing Test Scripts.
- Exposure to Automation testing and have decent knowledge about the concept of Automation Testing.
- Experienced in using HP Testing Tool; like QTP, UFT (Unified Functional Testing) using VBScript.
- Good with VBScript and working with Descriptive programming, Local and shared Object repositories in UFT/QTP.
- Worked with existing frameworks such as Data Driven Framework, Keyword Driven Framework, Hybrid Framework
- Good in writing SQL queries. Possess knowledge of RDBMS concepts. Developed SQL queries in Oracle databases to conduct DB testing.
- Experience working with Project Managers, developers, business analysts, and end users in defect resolution.
- Ability to work independently, in a team environment or in a rapid pace environment because of strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Active team player with proven work ethic, time management and leadership quality.
Framework: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Framework
Automation Tools: Quick Test Professional, UFT, Rest,Soap UIs
Other Tools: Magento-Backend,ShipStation
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, Rally,HP ALM
Databases: Oracle, Mysql
Programming Languages: VBScript, SQL, HTML, XML
Testing Methods: Manual,Functional, Regression, Ad-Hoc, Integration, System
Operating Systems: Windows 2007/Vista/7/8/10, Linux and Mac OS
Confidential, New York
QA Tester/Automation Testing
- Participate in Agile Scrum Meetings with SCRUM Master, Business Analysts, Development Team and QA Engineers.
- Tested software under Agile methodology and actively participated in STLC process.
- Analyzed functional/system requirements from Business Required Document (FRD).
- Work closely with Business Analyst, Project Manager and Business Owners to define Test Strategy, Gap Analysis and Risks.
- Assisted QA Manager in developing Test Plan, defining objectives and scope for the various phases of testing.
- Developed Test Cases,Executed test cases and verified Actual Results against Expected Results.
- Performed Functional, Regression, Integration testing, Black box, End to End testing and UI testing.
- Performed UI testing Followed Defect Lifecycle, created Bug Report. Took the Application Screenshots and copied the images whenever exceptions occurred.
- Used Jira for maintaining the Test Cases and Defect Reporting for the application.
- Involved in Automation testing, working with existing frameworks such as Keyword Driven,Data Driven and Hybrid using QTP(Quick Test Professional)/UFT(Unified Functional Test).
- Created Test Scripts using VBScript and worked with Descriptive programming, Local and shared Object repositories in UFT/QTP.
- Helped to write scripts to automate various tasks and schedule to run them on daily basis.
- Used SQL Queries for retrieving the data from the database.
- Participate in iteration retrospective meeting to discuss previous iterations success, failure and recommend process improvements for next iteration.
Environment: Agile, Jira, VBScript, HipChat, QTP, UFT, Web Services, Magento, Rest, HP ALM, HTML, SQL, XML.
Software Test Analyst
- Involved in analyzing user requirements for application enhancements and preparing testing specifications.
- Analyzed test specifications and converted them into Functional Test Cases and involved in preparing the Test Plans.
- Prepared Test Case s based on the business and functional specifications.
- Participated in Integration, Black Box,System and SmokeTesting.
- Prepared positive and negative test data for the functional test cases.
- Performed Browser Compatibility testing, Usability testing.
- Performed End to End Testing and involved in User Acceptance Testing.
- Uploaded Manual test case documents in to HP ALM/Quality Center (QC), Requirement Mapping and Test lab preparation.
- Exposure to Rally Test Management Tool.
- Executed manual test scripts to ensure proper functioning of the application under test and performed Full Regression Testing manually.
- Performed API testing using REST.
- Knowledge transfer of Offshore.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed using Quality Center.
- Attended Weekly Status Meetings, discussed and interacted with team members.
- Used SQL queries and manipulate the data in the Oracle database.
- Participated in QA team meetings and walkthroughs for QA testing review.
Environment: Functional Testing, Oracle, QTP, UFT, Agile Testing Methodology, MS Excel, Windows XP.
Functional Testing Consultant
- Developed, implemented Test Strategies and Test Cases to ensure complete testing, stability and overall quality of all the applicants.
- Executed Manual Test Case, tracked defect using QC.
- Planned and developed Functional, Integration, Regression and System level testing scenarios and Tested application manually.
- Involved in SDLC and STLC process.
- Tested the application on various versions of IE, Firefox and Chrome. Conduct URL testing to check for broken links/hot links.
- Performed Back-End testing by manually executing SQL queries to extract data from the database and check for data integrity. Attended project meetings, release meetings and QA status meetings.
- Attended daily Defect Review call with Clients, external users, PMO and Test Lead in assessing and redistributing logged incidents.
- Prepared status summary, pass & failed script and reports with execution details. Followed Waterfall.
- Involved in preparing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using QTP.
- Created roles, and set permissions to ensure that company's security policies are enforced and in effect.
- Used Quality Center to document and open defects and track them from time to time.
Environment: Manual/Functional Testing,Waterfall,HP ALM,QTP, UFT,VB Script, Oracle, SQL Developer