- Result oriented ETL Test Manager with 11+ years of extensive experience in ETL Testing, Data warehouse Testing, BI Report Testing, Application functional testing in Banking, Financial services & Tax / Accounting domain.
- Well versed in Agile, Waterfall methodologies, SDLC including Requirement gathering, Analysis, Testing, Deployment, Delivery and Support. Skilled in Onsite - Offshore model, team management, estimation and peer reviews.
- Expertise in analyzing Business Specifications document, Functional Requirements document to develop test plans, test strategies & Traceability metrics.
- Expert knowledge in Machine Learning basics and R Programming Language. Project Management experience with proven ability to operate multiple projects with aggressive timelines.
- Excellent Team player and accomplished communicator.
Testing Tools: Control-M, Informatica, AbInitio, BO (Crystal (Version 18.104.22.1680 ), Actuate, Team Track and HP ALM 12.5.
Operating Systems: Windows10/7/Vista/Windows 95/NT/2000/XP
Languages: Oracle, R, SQL, UNIX, LINUX, VBScript
Web Technologies: HTML
Packages: MS Office tools
Test Strategies: Agile, Waterfall methodologies
Domain: Banking, Investment, Financial Services, Tax & Accounting
ETL Test Manager
- Onsite Test Delivery Manager for Product Control IT Applications OPERA & DAL managing a team of 8 members
- Designed the Regression test suite & Defect clustering suite via Machine Learning algorithm like Naïve Bayes / word cloud text mining process using R Programming language.
- Responsible for preparing the test artifacts like QA Test plan, Test strategy, Test execution metrics & Daily Status reports
- Effectively manage and supervise QA Resources Planning, Task allocation based on dynamically changing project priorities and Project Traceability
- Involved in Functional, Integration, Release and Regression testing. Testing activities include deploying the components (DB & UNIX), accessing source files via Unix servers, data loading into DB (Staging / Target layers) via Control-M (Batch Process), validating the ETL transformation logic using mapping documents, achieving data integrity, monitoring the logs in Unix servers, and generating the file extracts to various Downstream applications using Informatica. Troubleshooting the Informatica workflow for any errors / failures.
- Conducted detailed review and analysis of test conditions, test cases and scripts.
- Suggested opportunities and processes for improvement of testing stages relating to overall systems.
- Coordinated with technical teams in development of system integration tests to support verification of program code.
- Participated in the tech design walkthroughs and meetings.
- Involvement in FRD walkthroughs in understanding the Business requirements.
- Managing the test deliverables from offshore which are met as per expectations of the project timelines.
- Ensured all issues faced by offshore were consolidated and resolved by the cross functional groups onsite like development, data modelers and deployment teams. Provided daily status and weekly status report.
- Defects management using HP Quality Control.
- Participated in the post deployment support activities and testing. Instrumental in communicating issues /risks and resolutions across globally dispersed cross functional teams.
- Released stable, scalable, Production system that satisfies client needs today.
Technology: Oracle, UNIX / LINUX, Control-M / Informatica / Quality Center 12.5, Windows 10
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Test Lead / Project Coordinator for Business Objects Migration Project.
- Responsible for QA test deliverables (Test Plan, Test Strategy & Test execution metrics).
- Worked on multiple test phases like Functional, UAT and Regression cycles.
- Conduct daily defect calls and establish a defect process that enabled movement of defects and closure in a timely manner
- Instrumental in quality control of supplied reports by reporting defect density based on defect severity.
- Participated in the Pre-& Post deployment support activities and testing for stable production release
- Instrumental in communicating issues /risks and resolutions across globally dispersed cross functional teams.
Technology: Oracle, UNIX, Business Objects (B.O. XI R3.1 SP 2, Crystal Reporting tool ( 22.214.171.1240 ), Actuate Reporting tool, Team Track, Citi Direct Reporting Applications, Windows XP.
Senior Quality Analyst
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Quality Analyst Lead managing & leading the Onshore / Offshore team for Data Warehousing applications testing.
- Involved in preparing the Test strategy & Test plan for Data Warehousing applications including the project scope, objectives, focus, resources etc. required for the testing effort.
- Participated in the Business Meetings in understanding the Business requirements, design walkthroughs, Tollgate reviews & Impact analysis.
- Accountable for Quality related activities like Metrics Collection and internal audits, Peer reviews, test case reviews & Software Requirements Specifications.
- Responsible for delivering Defect Tracking Analysis report & Metrics Traceability, multiple testing phases (FT / UAT) and reporting defects through HP Quality Center
- Extensively involved in Smoke testing for every patch and release.
Technology: Oracle, UNIX, AbInitio / Informatica /Quality Center 9.2, Windows XP, Data Warehousing Applications
- Test Engineer for Involved in manual testing which includes Functional testing, Performance testing, Stress testing, System testing, Regression testing, User Acceptance testing & Report Level testing.
- Created Test plans and test cases based on the Business requirement document.
- Designed and developed test scripts for manual testing of all the modules.
- Involved in Reporting & tracking defects in Defect Tracking System (Lotus Notes)
- Participated in the design walkthroughs and meetings.
- Prepared the Traceability matrix for the requirements & Daily and Weekly Status Reports and publishing them to all the Stake holders.
Technology: .Net, JAVA, Lotus Notes