Strong QA and testing leader with 15+ years of experience and success building and managing Quality Assurance and testing for industry - leading institutions. Leverage a background in project management, overseeing large-scale implementations that improve processes, increase efficiency, and maximize automation. Technical project manager with the ability to lead complex global teams, ensuring successful execution and delivery of projects on-time and within budget.
- Project Management Technology Development
- QA Analysis & Process Mapping Agile / Scrum Methodology
- Regression Testing Load Testing
- Manual & Automation Risk Management & Analysis
- Test Environment
- Stakeholder Collaboration Regulatory Compliance
- Requirements Financial Systems Architecture
UNIX, Windows, HP and AIX, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Mercury Test Suite (QC10, Winrunner, XRunner, QTP), BMC Remedy Action Request System, FogBugz, Jira
QA Test Manager
- Led software Quality Assurance and process improvements for the company’s regulatory trade reporting, among other reporting agencies.
- Managed PMO / testing for all aspects of test management activities within the regulatory project.
- Successfully built and managed a team while maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Implemented Dodd-Frank, EMIR, and other regulator reporting initiatives for the bank’s reporting team.
- Maintained 100% compliance with Confidential ’ bank standards by leveraging expertise in the areas of QA, testing phases, technical matters, and including customized solutions for specific project requirements.
- Optimized processes and streamlined efficiencies within the testing teams by taking a lead role on the QA and cross asset change management teams.
- Identified business requirements for regulatory testing teams by collaborating with business analysts, project managers, cross asset change teams and stakeholders.
- Implemented several best practice processes for UAT, SIT, QA, and change teams.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, change teams, and IT to define achievable release version and timely regulator deadlines.
- Coordinated with senior leadership to provide regular testing progress updates through daily status reports and analysis of defect tracking system.
- Initiated automated regression testing process by maximizing automation of QA test and change team use test cases, resulting in the automation of 9K+ test cases.
- Oversaw software quality assurance and process improvement across multiple lines of business, reporting directly to the Director of Software Quality Assurance.
- Collaborated with IT and business leaders to reduce risk and increase quality in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Established and maintained relationships with analysts, project managers, external auditors, key business leaders, and development staff.
- Leveraged an understanding of best practices, industry trends, outsourcing, and organizational change management.
- Converted trading platform to the Confidential Mellon trading and accounting system.
- Managed / implemented application specific approaches, test strategy, high-level test approach, production parallel, and test risk assessment.
- Optimized the manual tests and adopted business process test automation for Confidential .
- Created a plan for manual and automated test productivity and coverage, including ROI estimates and reproducible assessment process.
QA Manager of Quality Assurance
- Provided leadership for the development of the QA department, reporting directly to the CEO.
- Established a Quality Management System and process that met all maturing development quality requirements for the company.
- Managed product release, stability, validation, and QA activities.
- Played a key role in establishing a document process of business standards and functional requirements.
- Established clear standards of measurement for senior management and stakeholders of individual projects.
- Analyzed hardware and system testing, including automation.
- Provided process improvement recommendations, knowledge sharing, and for colleagues.
- Implemented an Agile approach to the software product cycle between development and QA.
- Developed customized solutions to specific project requirements while maintaining compliance standards.
- Ensured projects remained on-time and budget by supporting all business / technology project managers and stakeholders on project scope and direction.
- Analyzed business and functional requirements to design SIT and UAT test cases.
- Performed the initial pre-installation of Calypso Trading System, data conversion, data scrubbing, data mapping, and I&O application usability test scripts.
- Collaborated with senior leaders and project managers to ensure test plan and cases were completed and met business, functional, and SDLC requirements.
- Created test scripts for different test scenarios and instructions to test for validity of results, accuracy, and reliability.
- Successfully updated the bank’s process documentation, including process, test case, and summary templates.
Manager QA & Functional Analyst
- Provided QA and functional analysis, as well as analyses of trade capture applications, workflow validation, and data correction.
- Managed a QA group that communicated with clients and end-users on software perception and issues.
- Supported the test leader with managing and developing staff in the New York office.
- Implemented a matrix that gauged the performance and also set up nightly testing for time and defects.
- Coordinated the QA test process, functional test plans, defect resolution, QA regression testing, software configuration management, and automation.
- Established a global team in Pune, India and collaborated with managed to develop staff in London, England.
- Managed the process of Agile Scrum Methodology between developers, business analysts, and QA staff to set standards and resolve software issues.
Manager QA & Process
- Worked directly with the VP of Development to compile and implement processes that gauged the amount of time and defect corrected through software process verified by QA team.
- Managed a global staff that included testers to implement QA processes and methodologies in foreign exchange and money market instruments for top-tier financial service clients.
- Maintained consistent communication with support staff and clients worldwide to ensure QA process map, test strategies, test plans, defect resolution, regression testing, and software configuration management.
- Ensured data integrity by architecting test automation and identifying problems in front- and back-office trading systems.
- Developed a cohesive, high-performing team as the first leader to establish a QA team that leveraged strengths and abilities of individual contributors.
- Enhanced overall performance and strategy for a trading solution by establishing standards of measurement and updating senior management on a new software initiative.