Professional QA specialized in Software Testing Life Cycle, Manual Testing, excel at creating manual test cases and exposure to selenium automation. Worked on Waterfall, Agile Methodologies and has a good understanding of various phases of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle). Creative problem solver with the ability to evaluate potential solutions and implement corrective actions. Extremely well organized with a demonstrated ability to multi - task in order to successfully accomplish multiple goals.
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Team player, focused and hardworking
- Positive attitude
- Multi-Tasking and Organization skills
Operating Systems: Windows 98/ 2000/ XP/ 7/ 8.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center 8.9/ 9.0/ 9.2/ 10 , HP ALM 11.0, JIRA, Selenium. JAVA, HTML
Freelance Software Tester
- Performed exploratory and scripted functional testing on mobile and desktop applications using manual testing.
- Excelled in finding, documenting and reporting errors, feedbacks and other issues within mobile and desktop applications
- Demonstrated methodical, detail oriented and thorough approach to all assignments while adhering to compressed timelines.
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Developed test plan, test strategy and test cases.
- Represent QA team in daily standup meetings and defect triage meetings.
- Tracked the status of defects and provided a status report during daily meetings.
- Maintained a bug log to ensure quick action on highest priority issues.
- Closely worked with developers, business analyst, delivery leads and other project stakeholders to guide the QA team efficiently.
- Conducted training and knowledge transfer sessions to new team members.
- Effectively managed the testing deliverables.
- Participated in requirement walkthrough meetings and clarified requirement ambiguity with Business Analysts.
- Worked with developers and Business testers which included triaging/prioritizing the defects.
- Documented summary reports for each of the major test sequences detailing defect incidence, defect resolution and results of system retests/regression tests.
- Coordinated onsite offshore communication.
- Performed smoke testing, browser compatibility testing and usability testing.
- Tracked defects using HP ALM.
- Reviewed and analyzed business requirements.
- Involved in preparation of test scenarios.
- Developed and executed test cases based on the requirements and use cases.
- Involved in functional testing, regression testing and tracking defects and closing them.
- Communication of status reports.
Confidential, East Lansing, MI
- Involved in functional and user acceptance testing and regression testing of multiple websites; new and maintenance releases.
- Analyzed issues and provided feedback to development team.
- Documented and managed all the defects and made recommendations for changes.
- Participated in Browser Compatibility testing using MSIE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
- Attended meetings and juggled testing of multiple websites simultaneously.
- Communicated with clients to ensure functional requirements were met.
- Created and edited graphics and photographs with fireworks and Identify bugs, system errors and potential improvements.
- Generated a daily report of project advancement.
- Reviewed and analyzed business/functional requirements.
- Designed and executed test cases for multiple scenarios and tracked the defects using Mantis (an open source tool).
- Interacted with the developers to resolve any concerns and discrepancies.
- Maintained Test Logs, Test Summary reports and participated in defect review Meetings.
- Extensively carried out User Acceptance Testing.
Senior Quality Analyst
- Promoted as a Quality Analyst from Customer Service Representative within 6 months of joining based on the performance.
- Led process improvement projects that helped operations meet and exceed quality standards and streamlined processes to reduce cost.
- Improved customer satisfaction rates by 20% in a three-month period.
- Designed training sessions for the new employees and educated them on technical aspects, communication skills, application of knowledge, problem-solving abilities, etc.
- Monitored in-bound and out-bound emails and calls made and received by various operation teams and provided feedback to improve their client experience.
- Investigated and resolved escalations and satisfied customers with concrete solutions to their concerns.
- Assessed QA performance - Retrieved and analyzed QA information to identify root causes of performance gaps and improve customer satisfaction.