- 6+ years of experience in Manual & Automation testing in all stages of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experienced with test automation tools like Selenium WebDriver and Selenium Grid.
- Extensive working experience on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), its methodologies and process.
- Experienced with comprehensive understanding of all phases of Test Life Cycle, including requirements gathering, test planning, and scheduling, test executing, defect tracking, and reporting.
- Expertise in Smoke Testing, Backend Testing, Black - Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Positive/ Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Boundary Value Testing.
- Experienced in preparing and executing Test cases, evaluated test results and Report discrepancies to the development team using ALM/Quality Center.
- Experienced in using ALM/Quality Center for managing test execution and defect tracking of all issues.
- Experienced in providing test management actions and activities (STLC) using ALM/Quality Center.
- Very good in writing SQL queries for backend data validation and data integrity check.
- Experienced in creating test scripts using Selenium Web driver using Page Object Model.
- Experienced in using Jenkins as continuous Integration tool and maven for build.
- Experienced in using Selenium Grid to execute tests on different nodes and on several browsers.
- Proficient in set up Selenium tools from scratch and configuring various other peripherals tools to perform Selenium Test.
- Experienced in performing Regression testing, System testing and Functional testing using Selenium.
- Expertise in implementing cross browser and cross platform web testing with Selenium WebDriver.
- Experienced in using Junit and TestNG testing Framework as a test runner with Selenium.
- Experienced in designing automation testing framework for web-based application using Selenium that maintains the work flow as an end-user.
- Experienced in developing and implementing Data Driven and Keyword Driven automation testing framework with Selenium WebDriver.
- Expertise in Scheduling testing job and set up the flag to run automation script.
- Experience with UAT testing along with data setup, Environment setup and coordination between users, Development, Business Analyst and Product Management teams.
- Able to work independently and with other QA Analyst’s on project.
- Excellent analytical, communication, documentation and interpersonal skills.
Testing Tools: Selenium RC, WebDriver, and Selenium Grid, HP ALM/Quality Center
Web/Application servers: Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere, JBoss, Jetty
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PL/SQL, MS Access, MongoDB.
Build Tool: Ant, Maven, Cucumber, Jenkin
Version Control Systems: SVN, Git
Frameworks/ Open Source: JUnit, Test NG, MVC
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux/Unix
IDE & Testing Tools: Eclipse, IntelliJ IDE
MS Tools: MS Visio, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Office, PowerPoint
Project Management Tools: JIRA, TRACK, BugZilla
Web Debugging Tools: Fire bugs, Microsoft script debugger
Confidential, Foster City, CA
Test Automation Engineer
- Tested Web services for application to ensure all of the components are working as per the requirements.
- Developed and executed Test Cases to test data loads, verify application rules and workflows & data security.
- Reviewed and Designed Functional Requirement Specifications and Test Plans.
- Found critical bugs in the application, weekly Reporting through Bug Reports and Maintenance Traceability Matrix using ALM. Participated in use-case reviews, authored, and reviewed test planning artifacts in ALM.
- Involved in Identifying the E2E scenario & Creating the Reusable methods, Generic methods & Page Factory.
- Created test scripts using Selenium Web driver using Page Object Model.
- Analyzed the System Specification in order to develop the Test Cases.
- Involved in Functional, Integration, and Regression Testing to make sure that new build was compatible with all types of browsers at every phase of testing.
- Developed Java Controller to get the data from UI, generate virtual TestNG suite, and build the project using Ant and to display the results in User Interface.
- Tested on Different databases like Oracle, SQL server using SQL Quires.
- Designed, developed and implemented Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
- Used TestNG framework to generate test report and Maven to build the Project.
- Conducted Black box, Functional, Regression, Smoke testing with Eclipse TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, Java, for web based applications.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting; Used Maven for building the WebDriver project.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Configured the test suite to Jenkins to make it run on every successful deployment, which helped reduce the feedback loop time to the developers.
- Involved in pushing the automated test code into CI (Continuous Integration) and monitored the test execution in Jenkins once the code pushed into CI.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Identifies and reports software defects and test findings using JIRA.
- Supported early morning/off-hours/weekend launch and monitored of systems with business teams as needed.
Environment: TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Unix, JQuery, MS Excel, MS Office, VB Script, XML, Java, Oracle, SQL Server, ToadJira, Windows, HP ALM, Selenium WebDriver.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Wrote Test Cases and Test Procedures based on the Test Plan.
- Analyzed project documentation and prepared detailed Test cases.
- Analyzed, Understood and Estimated requirements.
- Involved in the System and Integration testing.
- Performed Positive and Negative testing.
- Used Quality Center to create Test outlines and maintained Test scripts and created, modified and debugged the Scripts.
- Assisted in User id clean up, Create User Ids, Reset Passwords, and Create New Projects in Quality Center/ALM.
- Created the Traceability matrix using Quality Center/ALM.
- Used Quality Center to create Test outlines, maintained Test scripts; created, modified and debugged the Scripts.
- Performed Data integrity testing by executing SQL statements and validated the tables in the database.
- Responsible for developing automated test cases with Selenium and custom scripting as appropriate to the test case.
- Developed and maintained custom libraries for the common automation framework using JAVA in Selenium.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities using Selenium.
- Designed Automation Testing Framework for web-based application using Selenium that maintains the work flow as an end-user.
- Developed automated testing suite in SOA test and SOAP UI for Rest API testing.
- Prepared Test status reports for each stage and logged any unresolved issues into Issues log.
- Involved in Meetings and walkthroughs and Responsible for weekly status.
Environment: Java, HTML, XML, Java Script, VB script, J2EE, Oracle, MS Visio, SOAP UI, MS Excel, Windows, UNIX, MS Office, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, HP Quality Center.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to analyze changes and identify the areas of application for Regression Testing.
- Executed Test Cases, logged defects, developed Test Defect Reports and Escalated issues.
- Involved in generating test plan, test cases and executing test cases using Quality Center.
- Performed Manual Testing for the EDI transactions.
- Conducted GAP analysis and filling gap according to the format set by HIPAA.
- Involved in FACETS Implementation, involved end-to-end testing of FACETS Billing, Claim Processing and Subscriber/Member module.
- Uploaded the diagnosis codes, procedure codes to the related tables in test environment to verify the changes related to ICD9 - ICD-10 changes.
- Used Quality Center to track bugs and generate reports.
- Wrote SQL queries to test the oracle database and validate the data integrity.
- Created regression test plan and procedures for different interfaces to test complete (web and client/server) application with huge test data.
- Extended TestNG framework by adding some helper classes and methods.
- Involved in developing weekly status reports for the project team.
- Maintained and analyzed large volume of regression test results.
- Performed User acceptance testing in the final phase of software development process to check the functionality of the software.
- Tested the application on different browsers as a part of Workstation compatibility testing to maintain cross-browser functionality.
- Reviewed the Business Requirement Documents and the Technical Specification.
Environment: Quality Center, C++, Selenium, Windows, UNIX, SQL, Java, J2EE, VBScript, VB.Net, HTML, XML, MS Excel, MS Office.