- Over 8 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance. Worked for top health care companies and health insurance web portals.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Demonstrated experience with testing web based, client server, desktop and mobile applications.
- Extensive experience with ALM (HP Quality Center), TFS, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, and Bugzilla.
- Experience with Test automation (selenium), Stress, Load and Performance testing.
- 6+ years of experience with health care and insurance applications.
- Practiced all phases of QA in agile (Scrum and Kanban) and waterfall software development methodology.
- Developed test strategy, test plan, test execution plan, test status report and test summary report for different organizations.
- Experienced in generating burn - down charts, Requirement traceability matrix, testing progress matrices/reports and Crystal Reports.
- Contributed in story grooming, story point assignment, and design review and requirement analysis. Identified potential issues in the requirement and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborated closely with cross-functional team members including BAs, developers, Project Managers and off-shore teams. Provided knowledge transfer to other team members.
- Contributed and presented regularly in walk-through meetings, review meetings, daily stand up meetings, defect resolution meetings and weekly status meetings.
- Extensive experience in tracing user stories with positive and negative test scenarios, and medium to high complex test case development; Test data generation.
- Hands on experience with exploratory, functional, system, integration, regression and User Acceptance testing; Black Box testing, GUI testing, data warehouse and data base testing.
- Proven abilities in Defect backlog management, Defect reporting, and defect tracking.
- Proven skills in testing web based applications under multi-browser environments, IOS and API testing.
- Excellent database knowledge for backend testing using Oracle, and MS SQL Server. Extensive experience with writing SQL queries.
- Experience in testing XML technologies (SoapUI). Strong knowledge of IBM Cognos. Extensive experience with both UNIX and Windows Environment.
- Contributed in deciding entry/exit criteria for testing, regression cycle induced by high defect rate and test environment readiness.
Testing Tools: HP ALM (11.00 and 11.52), HP Quality Center 10.0, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), Test Manager-2012, JIRA and Bugzilla. REST/SoapUI, HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT-QTP), Selenium, Junit, JMeter, Rational Clear Quest and CALT. MS Performance/Load tester and LoadUI
Web: XML, HTML, JDBC, ASP, and LDAP.
Databases: Oracle 9i, 10g and MS SQL Server 2008 and IBM DB2.
OS: Windows, Linux and Unix.
Languages: JAVA, C, C++, C#, .NET, SQL, PL/SQL.
Scripting: Java Script, VB Script, and Shell Scripting.
Unix Editing tools: vi, gedit and GIMP editor.
Others: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Project and MS Outlook; Office 365 (Exchange, SharePoint, Lync); Adobe Photoshop; FTP, SCP, FileZilla, Remote computing using Citrix, XML Marker, XML Notepad and Snipping tool.
Senior System Testing Analyst
- Review and understand the Requirement documents to create test scenarios. Developed test cases according to the test scenarios.
- Create various testing deliverables including Requirement Traceability Matrix, Test Scenarios, Test plan, Test cases, Evidence files, Test Summary Report and Release checklist documents which are required for each release after the sprint cycle.
- Organize Documentation to ensure traceability, repeatability and improve reporting standards.
- Complete the testing deliverables on time, work with the TW/QMO teams to get them reviewed and, approved and finalized.
- Create test cases for the artifacts (User Stories) with reference to the Interface Control Document (ICD), Design Documents, and System Requirements.
- Carried out a major role in managing the QA related work products and WIP (work in progress) of each release in HP ALM, CALT (CMS tool) and SharePoint before the Go Live date and the PRR meetings.
- Played a key role in developing an automated smoke tester using Selenium IDE.
- Analyzed the performance of the web application using MS Performance/Load Tester (VS & Azure).
- Involved in updating automation script for Selenium, SoapUI and LoadUI during sprint cycles. Experience on Junit and JMeter tools.
- Involved in Smoke, Functional, Regression, Integration, Backend, End-to-End, Cross browser testing tasks.
- Performed High Level System Testing, System integration testing, Exploratory testing, Web service testing, User Acceptance Testing and the Performance testing.
- Access, manipulate, validate test data, analyze the test file contents, capture testing evidence and document the test results.
- Developed Evidence files using these test results and are uploaded and maintained them in HP ALM.
- Involved in IRR, ORR and PRR meetings and discussions with the client. Attended defect triage meetings and calls with the client for all the releases.
- Involved in everyday Daily All Hands Stand Up meetings with the team in order to discuss about the work, updates and issues.
- Taken care of working and sending the sanity check status on a daily basis to the team and the stakeholders including weekends.
- Created test data and submitted to CMS using EFT in order to conduct the data base, MarkLogic, XML data and XML Schema validation testing. Transferred files through Gentran and MFT Internet Server.
- Created and validated the templates with the data filled in about the Issuers. Finalized as an XML file and are uploaded in the corresponding modules for the testing purposes in the Plan Management (PM) system.
- Experience with the web services and back-end service tools like REST/SOAP services, HTTPClient and Soapclient.
- Created claim applications and able to complete the submission process to find out the premium payment as an individual, agent broker and SHOP on the UI in the E&E system.
- Processed the necessary Initial file, effectuated file, Medical claim and Pharmacy claim files and the corresponding 824, 834, 810, 274 and 835 Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and flat files for the issuers during testing.
- Distributed the defects and Hotfixes with in the team and retested the resolved defects. .
- Prepared daily, weekly, and Monthly status reports and Measurement Analysis reports for the releases.
- Involved in the Acceptance Testing Activities of Medicare Citrix Project by Client Management.
- Tested the Citrix Web Port, Web Port Partner application, LMS and Outlook Web Access.
- Peer reviewed the SOP document and the CR documents and made suggestions.
- Developed and maintained test cases as per requirements and reported test results. Created End-to-End test cases. Created testing defect reports in Quality Center and track them to resolution. Escalate the issues and risks on a timely manner. Reported the weekly status on a regular basis.
- Created and executed the SQL scripts and the Teradata queries to test the backend data validation of the data base and the Teradata warehouse.
- Participated and made suggestions in the meetings on a regular basis with the testing team and the business analysts to resolve the requirement and the implementation issues.
- Followed the CMMI ML3 compliant testing methodology that has been tailored specifically for the NLR Project.
- Studied the Requirements Clarification log for the releases, Joint Application Design (JAD) documents for CRs, Detailed System Specification document (DSS) and attended Requirements Clarification meetings, Group Review meetings, CMS walkthrough for releases CDs.
- Reviewed CR test cases and logged if any issues find in the Peer review log. Played an in-charge role in preparing the meeting minutes.
- Attended all lunch on meetings, training sessions, demos and Walk-through in the project and created a good working environment within the team.
Tools: HP ALM, HP QC, CALT, TFS, IBM Rational DOORS, Notepad++, MS Office, QTP & Selenium IDE, TSO/ISPF, JIRA, REST/SOAP UI, PUTTY, JMeter, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MFT Web Interface and SQuirreL SQL Client. MS Performance/Load tester through VS and Azure Cloud.
Confidential, Glenview, IL
- Play a test lead role and interact with on-site and off shore QA teams in an agile environment.
- Contribute in user story discussion, sprint planning, story point estimation, story grooming and retrospective meetings.
- Participation and making suggestions to solve the roadblocks in daily stand up meetings.
- Recommend code freeze and regression testing during sprint cycles.
- Creating high level test scenarios, test cases and setting up test data.
- Execute functional, integration and regression testing during each sprint cycle. Tested in Dev, QA and UAT environments.
- Developing Test automation tools (selenium) and Load/performance testing.
- Effectively manage and communicate defects to the team. Follow up with the bug debt and manage severity/priority of bugs. Move bugs to appropriate sprint cycles. Contribute in go-no go decisions for UAT and production release.
- Constant interaction with product managers, business analysts and developers to resolve requirement and implementation issues.
- Application demos to product managers and business analysts Confidential regular intervals.
- Testing complex policy rating algorithms, batch jobs and business rules.
- Creating and executing the SQL queries for backend data base validation.
- Testing application portability to databases MS SQL server, Oracle and application servers Tomcat and WebLogic.
Environment: Java, JSP, Groovy, Tomcat, WebLogic, Business Objects, ETL, Ajax, Jasper reports, Web services, SQL server and Oracle in Windows environment, Quality Center, Clear Quest, JIRA, TFS, Subversion, Oracle SQL Developer and Toad.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Develop detailed test plans, test cases, test data, and requirements traceability matrix.
- Execute data-driven tests, check data integrity and perform data validations.
- Report testing status to the project management on a regular basis.
- Running QTP automated regression test scripts.
- Testing across multiple applications in an open architecture environment.
- Identify and document defects. Communicate with development to resolve testing issues.
Environment: C#, .Net, SharePoint, Web Services, SQL Server under Unix platform, QTP, gedit, Bugzilla, BlackBerry Simulators, and MS Office.
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
- Creating testing effort estimates, and scheduling to present to the Project Manager.
- Lead joint planning sessions with interfacing application teams on test data creation.
- Review Business requirements, Technical Requirements and create test cases.
- Create Test strategy, System Test Plans, and Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Identify and document test environment and testing tools.
- Prepare status reports, monitor deployment readiness and report to Project Manager.
- Review offshore SOW’s, transition plans and train offshore testers.
- Coordinate offshore team in setting up the test environment and monitor testing progress.
- Participation in organizational CMM process implementation.
Environment: EJB, XML, MQ - workflow, Oracle, Business Objects, and DataStage in Unix platform, VI Edit, ClearQuest, Toad, Visio and Panagon - FileNet.