- A highly Experienced Senior QA Automation Engineer | SDET with 6+ years of experience in using selenium Suite to deliver quality products in a wide variety of domains
- Expertise in handling Automation & Manual testing on various Web based & Client Server applications. . Writing and maintaining scripts in Selenium Web Driver using Java
- Testing Mobile Web applications and performed the Apps testing on iPhone, iPad and Android Devices.
- Strong knowledge in Restful API testing using SOAP, POSTMAN.
- Proficient with developer tools, such as Eclipse, Git/Github and Maven for developing on the Java Stack
- Extremely knowledgeable in working with Agile, Waterfall and Iterative software development lifecycles (SDLC) and STLC methodologies and QA best practices.
- Expert in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with different components of Selenium such as Selenium RC, WebDriver, Selenium Grid and tools JUnit, TestNG.
- Expertise in using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG to execute automated test cases in parallel and prioritizing the Test cases using TestNG framework.
- Proficient in multiplatform (Windows, Linux) and cross browser testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera) using Selenium Grid and Sauce Labs.
- Experience in writing Automation Test Scripts for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium. Tested on Real Devices, Emulators and Simulators.
- Experienced in BDD using Cucumber in Gherkin format by creating feature files, step definitions and Cucumber Runner classes. Using Apache POI to read the data from external sources like excel sheets.
- Experienced in Software analysis, Requirements Management, Quality Assurance, Configuration Management and Change Management.
- Expertise in performing different types of Testing: Functional, Module, Integration, Blackbox, Regression.
- Performed unit testing using Junit/TestNG, integration and deployment of applications done using tools such as Maven and Generated test logs using Log4j for various log levels.
- Expertise in problem solving and tracking Bug Reports using Test management tools like Rally, ALM,TFS and JIRA.
- Highly motivated, self - starter able to work independently and collaboratively within a diverse technical team.
Project Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall.
Automation Testing Tools: Selenium TestNG, JIRA, JUnit, Cucumber, SoapUI, PostMan, Rest Assured, JMeter, APPIUM.
Frameworks: Cucumber, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, BDD, Hybrid, Page Object Model.
Utilities: Eclipse, GIT, SVN, Firebug, FirePath, TOAD, and Putty.
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, Jenkins
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP ALM & Quality Center, Bugzilla.
Markup Languages: HTML, CSS, XML, XPath, CssSelector.
Programming Languages: C, Java, Java Script, SQL, Gherkin.
Database: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Operating systems: Windows, Unix/Linux
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari.
Other: Rally, Jira, AutoIT, Apache POI, MS Word, MS Excel, JSON, VMware, We
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Assess & analyze user stories in Agile and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings.
- Create Test Plan, Strategy, identify Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Scripts for Automated and Manual Testing based on the functional specification for the Functional, Regression, GUI Usability and System Testing.
- Performed Functional testing as per user stories and performed Integration Testing & System Testing using Selenium WebDriver automation scripts using Java.
- Performed GUI testing by analyzing mockup screens provided by client.
- Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing scenarios using various tools like TestNG along with Selenium framework.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to automate tests in parallel and priorities of Test cases are set using TestNG framework. created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Used Browserstack to run selenium test on multiple browser and multiple operating systems in parallel.
- Generate Acceptance, Functional & Regression test cases for each story in sprint using JIRA Tool.
- Used Apache POI to read the test data from external sources like excel sheets.
- Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven.
- Running the Automated regression test cases at the end of each sprint on CI/CD model with help of Jenkins.
- Implemented Selenium WebDriver automation framework using behavior driven approach Cucumber to automate setup manager functionality on version 2.0 application
- Written SQL statements to create test data for test cases & data validation tests to extract data from the tables.
- Documented defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using JIRA.
- Designing Test Plans Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver. Develop test code in Java using Eclipse, WebDriver and TestNG.
- Connect to third party tool for rate and carrier details through Rest API by using POSTMAN
- Recently started implemented Selenium WebDriver automation framework using behavior driven approach Cucumber to automate setup manager functionality
Technical Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Maven, Jenkin, Jira, Eclipse, TestNG, GitHub, Cucumber, TestNG, REST, Postman, Git, SQL, Cucumber, Gherkin.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Analyzed the Business Requirement Document and Functional Specification documents to prepare Test Cases based on the Test Plan and Use Cases.
- Use Maven for downloading the Web driver dependencies and work with Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for running the test on nightly basis automatically.
- Testing Web Services-SOA architecture, XML transactions REST using SOAP UI
- Attend regular Scrum, Planning, Grooming Meetings to provide status on Automation Coverage.
- Work with JIRA, Confluence for requirements management, planning, scheduling, running tests, defect tracking and executing test cases. Develop SQL queries using MySQL, Oracle SQL for Test Data Management.
- Perform Automated Regression testing on every new build using Selenium Web driver.
- Develop automation scripts for Mobile Native applications on iOS & Android platforms using Appium and Java.
- Identified mobile elements using Appium Inspector, UI Automator Viewer.
- Implemented real device mobile app testing using Test Object.
- Perform concurrent executions on emulators, simulators over Sauce Labs & using real devices over Test Object
- Used Appium to facilitate mobile testing by creating mobile Driver class with the required Mobile capabilities.
- Good experience in mobile testing using Appium in both IOS and Android applications
Technical Environment: Java, Selenium, Eclipse, Maven, Jenkins, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, JIRA, Appium, Maven, Eclipse, Manual Testing, Git, Simulator, emulator, UI automator.
- Analyzed Business Requirement document and develop Test Plan for System, Functional, Integration, regression and UAT Testing.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for nightly batch run of the script.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment. Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed and executed complex SQL Queries like inner joins and outer joins to retrieve data from TEST as well as PROD databases. Used SQL developer for this.
- Installed and configured Selenium to the QA as per the requirements of the client following the procedure.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and Selenium framework to automate functional testing of GUI.
- Wrote SQL query to perform data validation and verification.
- Reviewed user requirements and provides direction in the identification of problem and potential resolution.
- Implemented Page Object Model using Selenium Web Driver and Java programming.
- Developed, implemented and maintained reusable custom method/functions using Selenium WebDriver.
- Generated TestNG test result Html report after execution using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Quality Centre (ALM) for Defect Reporting and Tracking and also for managing the entire test documentation like Requirements Management, Test Case Designing, and Test Execution & Generation of the required reports.
- Participated in walkthrough/Peer review meetings with testing team members, developers and business analyst to present Test Plan and Test Cases.
Technical Environment: Java/J2EE, SQL Server, Web Services, UNIX, Windows 7, Selenium (Web Driver2.0), IDE, TestNG, Eclipse, MS Word, Excel, HTML, XML, ALM
- As a Quality Assurance Analyst, involved in QA Analysis, Testing, Debugging, Bug Reporting and Documentation.
- Tested web application, designed and implement automation solutions based on system understanding and analysis of technology and system specifications.
- Designed and created the entire Quality Assurance strategy from the ground up Test Strategy and Test Plan, Test Data, Test Case Matrix, Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Developed Selenium scripts to get data from webpage by using the methods like get URL, get Title, get Attribute
- Creating Release Test Strategy Document on a Quarterly Basis to ensure company standards being followed.
- Designing, developing and the execution of reusable and maintainable automated scripts
- Developed test scenarios (test plans, test cases) and test scripts that match the functional specifications.
- Automate test cases for new features with Selenium Web driver using QA automation frameworks built in Java.
- Create and execute recovery scenarios using Selenium
- Analyzed test results, documented problems and worked with technical analysts to resolve them. Provided test estimates for release scope and participated in test planning, design and test script walkthroughs
- Escalated issues and risks as appropriate to ensure project stays on track
- Extensively used SQL commands for data check in the database.
- Actively participated in all testing phases of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) of application.
- Involved in mapping requirements to testing scenarios to ensure that all requirements are covered.
- Reviewed Business and Technical requirements document to develop Test Plan, Test Cases, and Test Scripts.
- Involved in developing and implementation of Test Plan.
- Performed Functional, Regression, System testing, Positive and Negative testing, Integration testing, and User Acceptance testing and was responsible for executing all testing scenarios.
- Responsible for finding bugs and reporting them to development team using Quality center.
- Used Traceability Matrix to find the missing functionalities.
- Performed backend testing by executing SQL queries.
- Employed Iterative testing practices to enhance the quality of the software.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Worked with developers to resolve and fix the defects.
Technical Environment: Manual testing, Quality Center, UAT, Oracle, SQL, XML, MS Office, MS Windows.