- Confidential has around 10+ years of experience in Web and Accessibility Development.
- She is proficient in Web Accessibility Consultation and Testing with strong accessibility knowledge - ADA, DDA, WCAG 2.0, and Section 508.
- Expertise in using market leading tools and assistive technologies like JAWS, NVDA, Voice Over, Talk Back (for Android Devices), and Accessibility Management Platform (AMP).
- My goal is to ensure that websites and web applications serves its purpose and are accessible to all users, irrespective of disability.
- I am certainly joyful to pass on the awareness as much as I can within the organization for whom I work and uplift the knowledge of Accessibility.
- Understating the current state of Accessibility within the client organization. Identify stakeholders from Process management,, and Testing.
- Connect with each stakeholder to help them understand the scope, deliverables, and their role in specific for this exercise of creating - Accessibility Approach, Role based accessibility plan, and Accessibility Testing Tools.
- Understand the current web design and development process. Draft recommendations for integrating Accessibility checkpoints within current process. Validate recommendations, manage trade-offs with stakeholders and implement feedback.
- Helping the organization to maintain a one-stop resource/guide to refer for Accessibility Knowledge which covers the Design, Technical and Testing guidelines from accessibility perspective with regards to Web, Mobile, PDF, Email, Excel and Word.
- Provide Role Based Accessibility for BA’s, Designers, Developers and Testers - Detailing Accessibility topics to be covered along with duration and expected mode of .
- Understand the approach for website testing. Draft details for tools required to perform accessibility testing, along with procurement details.
- Conduct a read-out of each deliverable to leadership. Gather feedback, address concerns and submit final version for their perusal.
- Review wireframes and visual designs as per WCAG 2.0 guidelines and create accessibility specifications document.
- Perform accessibility assessment for different Desktop, Tablet and Mobile applications. Prepare assessment report based on the issues captured at the time assessment. Discuss issues with the development team and help them to resolve the same.
- Testing websites and web applications against WCAG 2.0, Section 508 compliance with assistive technologies such as JAWS and NVDA for desktop, using online tools and W3C recommended browser add-ons such as WAVE, CCA, and A-checker etc.
- Testing Web Applications using Mobile screen readers such as VoiceOver for IOS and TalkBack for Android.
- Guide the team members to understand accessibility issues, involve in Accessibility discussions and help them to find best solution.
- Prepare required accessibility documentation for the project.
- Documenting Accessibility Test Cases as per project requirement ensuring that it meets WCAG 2.0.
- Ability to discern accessibility issues from wireframes and story boards
- Extensive knowledge in use of WAI ARIA.
- I am solely responsible for all the deliverables of Accessibility.
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Can handle JIRA for creating user stories and managing scrum dashboard
- Experience in executing test scripts in ALM for QA
- Documenting all test artifacts including full audit and transparency of traceability from requirements to tests, and evidence of test planning and execution.
- Lead initiatives for QA, and coach junior team members in their day-to-day activities (to include on-boarding support).
- Good client-facing skills and relationship management.
- Self-starter, initiative-taker with strength in analytical, problem solving.
- Providing Request for Proposals / Request for Information for a complete Accessibility project.
- Building Accessibility reusable components.
- Advising accessible solutions both logically and technically.
- Conducting Accessibility sessions for the project team members to inject Accessibility in their day to day role based career.
- Conducting Accessibility Awareness sessions within the Organization.
- Conducting events during Global Accessibility Awareness Day.
Testing Knowledge: Accessibility consultation and testing (Web, Devices, PDF, Excel, Word, Email)
Accessibility testing: Good exposure in Accessibility tools:
Assessment Tools: WAT, WAVE, AMP, W3C Validation tools, CCA
Assistive technology: NVDA, JAWS, VoiceOver in Mac and IOS, TalkBack in Android
Development or test automation tools/frameworks: ALM / JIRA
Senior Accessibility Consultant
Confidential, Chicago, Illinois
- Perform ADA Assessment and Remediation on client application against the WGAG 2.0 level A/AA guidelines for Web, Devices, PDF, Email, Excel.
- Create Accessibility Playbook with respect to Design, Technical and Testing aspects of Accessibility.
- Provide appropriate knowledge sessions to empower client’s employees with regards to accessibility.
- Provide a Governance roadmap for Institutionalizing and sustaining Accessibility within the organization.
- Respond to business and technology stakeholders’ queries related to accessibility findings and recommendations.
- Participate in all accessibility services walkthrough sessions.
- Working with client to resolve any disputes in a timely manner.
- Certify the web pages for accessibility Compliance as detailed in the proposal.
- Document all recommendations and corrective measures in the form of, among other things, the Interim Reports and Final Report. Share the Progress reports highlighting the ongoing service, any Roadblocks to business and Solutions.
- Provide accurate and detailed weekly task, status reports
- Coordinate with the offshore counterparts and handle project delivery from onsite
Accessibility Consultant Base
- In the new application, the Confidential reports were rendered using Confidential.
- Altering Confidential inbuilt features/components adhering to WCAG 2.0 Confidential guidelines affects the performance of the reports, which is the major concern for the development team/customer.
- Provide Accessibility technical and consulting expertise to support the Engineering Excellence team.
- Provide guidance and direction to individual project teams to ensure compliance with the standards and best practices related to implementing accessibility features.
- Plan remediation and testing activities for ensuring accessibility compliance by individual projects identified by client.
- Provide guidance in creating accessible reusable component library. Create user stories for reusable components during the analysis phase.
- Provide guidance in automating the accessibility testing process.
- Provide knowledge transfer as requested.
- Created 10 Power point documents for Accessibility based on skillset (Accessibility Business Requirements, Interaction Design Accessibility, Visual Design Accessibility, Web Development Accessibility, Mobile App Accessibility Development, Testing for Accessibility, PDF Accessibility, Content Accessibility, Multimedia Accessibility)
Web Application Developer
- Strictly followed Accessibility Standards to ensure that the material on the web site is accessible to all groups including those with disabilities.
- Assisted the Backend Java developers in fixing errors on UI perspective.
- Served as mid-level programmer for renowned clients across Domains such as Banking, Finance etc which includes 6 months of Onsite Experience.
- Served as entry-level programmer and my responsibilities include Interacting with client at the design stage and gathering the requirements.
- Producing a design layout using Photoshop CS3 that will be attractive to the target user, which had a logical navigation system and has all the features required.
- Created HTML web pages in a combination of codes, such as HTML CSS, using Dreamweaver.
- Tested the site in different browsers and at different resolutions and fixed up d Confidential and UI issues.