- Committed and tenured Software Engineer with over 15 years of experience in Application Development and Software Testing.
- Adept at all phases of SDLC, including the following: Design, Analysis, Coding, Testing, Code Reviews, Implementation and System Support.
- Proficiency in Cobol, and Mainframes. Excellent proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Possess keen business acumen in analyzing and understanding business requirements, customer - value maximization and developing new business processes and revenue streams.
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting organizational, communication, prioritization, and problem solving and leadership skills with ability to create and sustain high work tempo.
- Excellent proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point Office 2016.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of flexibility, resourcefulness and commitment.
COBOL, Mainframe COBOL, CICS, VSAM, JCL, JES2, TSO, MVS, ISPS, IMS, Work Load Management, Handled Maintenance, Development & Testing projects. DB2.
- Responsible for understanding & analyzing client’s requirements providing scalable design and architecture for various modules & application.
- Wrote programs in COBOL, Mainframe COBOL, CICS, VSAM, JCL, JES2, TSO, MVS, ISPS, IMS, Work Load Management
- Handled Maintenance, Development & Testing projects. DB2;
- Proactively involved in Functional Requirement Preparation, Analysis, design, coding, unit testing, system testing and regression testing, customer acceptance testing, implementation, post-implementation support of software projects.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Lead Programmer & Test Engineer
- Documented software defects using bug tracking system and reported defects involving program functionality, output, and content.
- Delivered thorough QA testing reports that determine product quality and release readiness
- Scheduled staff programmers and assessed COBOL programs for date fields in programs. Successfully managed the date 2000-year turnover.
- Investigated and edited COBOL programs for Confidential .
- Both required extended recovery time + I spent time trying to find employment-which I did.
- Studied Visual Basic courses and course work to obtain my Visual Basic Certification.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Computer Specialist/ Programmer
- Assisted with managing all facets of project life cycle, including design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Met with end users and department heads to gather and document requirements, establish technical specifications, and set deadlines and milestones.
- Mainframes, DB2, COBOL, OS390, CICS, IBM/OS390, MVS, JES2, VSAM, ISPS, TSO, IMS.
- In charge of utilities on the Mainframe system. Assisted and led the team with the daily mission statement for the overnight run of the programs.
Confidential, Winston-Salem, NC
- Hired to provide technical expertise and managed delivery of applications to end users using Mainframes, DB2, COBOL, OS390, CICS, IBM/OS390, MVS, JES2, VSAM, ISPS, TSO, IMS.
- Supported, troubleshoot, and maintained production systems to optimize performance, resolve problems, and provide timely follow-up on identified issues.
- Developed, designed, created, and implemented a COBOL solution for a file transfer system, which was a stock market impact solution.
Confidential, Winston-Salem, NC
- Gained exposure in end-to-end development of software products from requirement analysis to system study, designing, coding, testing and debugging. Mainframes, DB2, COBOL, OS390, CICS, IBM/OS390, MVS, JES2, VSAM, ISPS, TSO, IMS.
- Worked smoothly within the team on various projects, efficiently shouldering responsibilities and troubleshooting problems.
- Designed, coded, tested, and implemented program to ensure accuracy of previous night’s posting of frequent flyer miles for US Airways using COBOL.
- Resolved maintenance deficiencies occurring in previous night’s batch processing without negative impact to business operations.
- Acted as a liaison between Confidential programmers and US Airways staff to achieve 100% accuracy of print reports at time of deployment.