- Over Six years of experience in Software QA and Test Automation.
- Proficient in preparing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Designs and Test Cases for both Manual and Automation testing.
- Proficient with various Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC), Defect Life Cycles (DLC), and Software Testing Lifecycles (STLC).
- Extensive experience of working in Agile and Waterfall environments.
- Strong Experience in Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, GUI Testing, Build Verification Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Experienced in developing, trouble shooting and customizing Manual as well as Automation scripts using HP ALM/HP Quality Center and HP UFT/Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Good in Maintaining of Test Scripts, Requirements & management of test suites using HP ALM/Quality Center; and also experienced in preparing the Test Execution reports using the HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Strong skills in testing backend SQL Queries on Oracle and SQL Server. Involved in test strategy planning, scheduling, and risk analysis, reporting and tracking.
- Experienced in scripting in UFT/QTP using both record - and-play and VB scripting; created various data tables to execute batch files.
- Expertise in working with UFT/Quick Test pro for functional testing, regression testing, UAT and SIT testing.
- Experienced in writing descriptive programming, custom function, optional steps, and virtual objects using VB script in UFT/QTP.
- Experienced in writing Automation Frameworks using UFT/QTP.
- Excelled Confidential handling multiple projects simultaneously within stringent time and budgetary constraints.
- Excellent Organizational ability and Communication skills.
Testing Tools: HP Quick Test Pro (QTP), HP UFT, SoapUI
Management Tools: HP Quality Center, HP ALM
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, MySQL
Languages: C, C++, C#, SQL, PL/SQL, Java
ERP Packages: Oracle apps/PO
Front End Tools: Oracle Forms
Reporting Tools: Oracle Reports
Tools: TOAD, SQL* Loader, SQL Developer, SOAPUI, XML SPY
Web Technology: ASP.Net, HTML, DHTML, PHP, XML
Development Tools: Dream weaver CS3, Visual studio
Web Server: IIS, Apache
Web Services: WSDL, SOAP, RPC
Networking Tools: TCP/IP, FTP, Citrix, smart ftp
Scripting Lang’s: TSL, VB Script, Java Script
Operating Systems: UNIX, LINUX, Windows, MS Dos
Confidential, Baltimore, Maryland
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in requirements analysis reviews and working sessions to understand the requirements and system design.
- Developed Test Cases by analyzing Business requirements, Functional specs and Use Case documents.
- Recorded the deviations found during the development cycle and communicated to the client counterparts.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix for requirements to test case and created a data load.
- Used ALM to create Test Plan and Test Cases and executed those using ALM and UFT.
- Involved in using HP ALM for Bug tracking and Defect reporting.
- Developed Reports in HP ALM using Excel Report Generator and Graphs.
- Involved SQL queries to check the database automatically and checking the data integrity in accordance with business standards of the company.
- Wrote SQL queries for validating Data.
- Developed automated scripts for functional testing using VB Scripts in UFT.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities using UFT.
- Wrote maintainable automated test scripts using Modular approach and User defined functions in UFT.
- Developed Function libraries, Shared repository, Descriptive programming, and Recovery scenarios for UFT using VB script.
- Involved in Hybrid Automation Frameworks using VBScript in UFT.
- Liaised with counterparts in business groups, functions as well as other work streams while complying with deliverable delivery and project implementation schedule.
- Worked as a team player and strong problem-solver in a team of other Software engineers, Project managers, Business analysts.
- Conducted internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for Software Development, Application Integration, Information System Performance and corresponding documentation.
- Provided production support of Software products by investigating and recreating reported defects.
Tools: /Technology Used: SOAP UI, MS Office, HP ALM, HP UFT, JIRA, Java Script, VB Script, PHP, Windows, Java, SQL, HTML, XML, UNIX, MS Visio, MS Excel.
Confidential, Oakton, VA
- Developed Test scripts and Test cases based on content and Functionality prototypes.
- Identified project objectives and requirements to create a Business Scenario Test Metrics and High Level Test Cases.
- Determined functionality by analyzing technical specifications of any new application.
- Created System Data flow diagram.
- Executed Functional, Unit, Regression and System testing.
- Executed Test cases and reporting errors to Project Manager and developers using Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center for tracking, reporting and managing the defects.
- Recorded Defects encountered in Test execution and communicating the same to the concerned team members for resolution.
- Involved in Back-end testing by writing SQL queries and testing triggers and PL/SQL procedures.
- Involved to setup QTP Test Environment configuration on Users systems.
- Wrote automation scripts using various checkpoints like standard, image, page, text and in QTP.
- Developed Data Driven Test Scripts for the project using QTP.
- Developed automated Test Scripts to perform Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and Regression testing of the application using QTP.
- Developed scripts to perform Regression Testing using VB Script in QTP.
- Created Automation scripts by using Quick Test professional Web, Oracle and ActiveX Add-ins.
- Involved in designing a Hybrid Automation Framework using QTP.
- Worked closely with product and software development management to work into a successful QA automation framework.
- Interacted with the User Communities of software to monitor and investigate defects and communicated further software improvement to Software Developers and Engineers.
Tools: /Technology Used: CSS, C#, QTP, HP Quality Center, HTML,C/C++, Java, Oracle, Windows, Java Script, VB Script, Web Services, UNIX, MS Visio, MS Office, MS Excel.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Reviewed business requirement documents and functional specifications for creating Test plan and Test cases.
- Worked closely with the Development team to deploy and implement Test Plan.
- Involved in Manual and Automated testing of the front-end application.
- Involved in all stages of testing process - Development of Test procedures and Test cases based on requirements for functional test, regression test, integration test and user acceptance test.
- Worked with development teams to investigate and correct software bugs and deficiencies based on testing results using Quality Center.
- Performed Data Validation using SQL, Defect Resolution and Maintenance.
- Extensively written SQL queries to perform back end testing.
- Developed automated test scripts with QTP based on various use cases.
- Parameterized QTP scripts for use with varied, controlled test input values (runtime-generated, user-defined, or from data sources).
- Developed and maintained QTP scripts for Functional, Sanity and Regression testing.
- Reviewed requirements documents to ensure the developed functionality conformed to the specified requirements.
- Managed day-to-day QA tasks as specified by the project launch schedule.
- Accomplished Quality assurance tasks for various program and Analytics/business intelligence projects.
- Provided necessary documentation and participated in deployment validation.
Tools: /Technology Used: SOAP UI, MS Excel, QTP, Quality Center, MS Outlook, JIRA, Java, Java Script, Oracle, SQL Server, VB Script, MS Office, MS Visio, C++, Windows.