- Over 8 years of strong test analysis experience in Finance, Insurance, health care and LMS domains.
- Expertise in Manual and Automated Testing using Jira, Test Director and Quality Center in real time and unattended testing environment across multiple operating systems and technologies.
- Expertise and experience in performing different kinds of testing like Smoke, Black Box, GUI, Functionality, Integration, Regression, Usability, Compatibility, Platform, System, Performance, Post - Implementation and User Acceptance (UAT) of web and client/server applications.
- Extensive experience in Client/server & Web Based Application testing.
- Extensively involved in Backend testing of SQL Queries using Oracle, SQL Server
- Well versed with Agile, SDLC Methodologies.
- Knowledge in Web/Application Servers
- Pragmatic and competent software engineer with strong communication, presentation and problem solving skills as well as very good Interpersonal, Management and Business Skills coupled with many years of technical expertise.
- Exceptionally well organized, strong work ethics and a willingness to work hard to achieve employer’s confidence and objective.
Mercury Tools: QuickTest Professional10.0, Load Runner,Selenium
Defect Tracking Tools: Bugzilla, Jira, Pivotal tracker, Request Tracker
Languages: C, VBscript, HTML, XML, and SQL
Scripting Languages: TSL, Java Script, VB Script, UNIX
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 95/98/2000NT,Mac
RDBMS: Oracle 7.X, 8i, 9i, SQL Server
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat4/5, IIS, WebLogic, and Web Sphere.
Quality Assurance Engineer/Business Analyst
- Preparation of test strategy and guiding the team.
- Overlooking the work of the QA team located offshore.
- Responsible for GUI and functional testing using Black box testing techniques.
- Involved in Regression testing using Selenium.
- Ensuring speed to market, flexibility, ROI, reduced cost and quality business parameters are met across all business requirements developed
- Develop business architecture using requirements such as scope, processes, alternatives, and risks.
- Writing User Stories using Pivotal Tracker and used Zeplin for mock-ups and designs.
- Develop business requirements and processes through document analysis, interviews, workshops, and workflow analysis and using business architecture
- Communicate business requirements by constructing easy-to-understand data and process models. These would become Epics in an agile build
- Provide input modifying products/systems to meet business needs and develop business specifications to support these modifications.
- Work with product owners, IT product managers, scrum masters and to ensure that requirements are well understood across all personas.
- Validating the Minimum Viable Product(MVP) to ensure stories are delivered as per the business requirements across every Sprint iteration. Participate in Requirements Ambiguity & Use Case / User Story Reviews. Conduct QA analysis & test support activities.
- Liaise between business and technical personnel to ensure a mutual understanding of processes and applications.
- Coordinate User acceptance testing process, tools and validation. Use testing tools to complete testing of product modules.
- Identify and reconcile errors in client data to ensure accurate business requirements.
- Facilitate monthly meetings with various business stakeholders to document issues and explore potential solutions.
Senior Business and QA Analyst
- Creating and executing manual, smoke, functional, regression, system, integration and exploratory tests.
- Identifying, analyzing and documenting defects using Jira.
- Responsible for creation, design and execution of test strategies, including writing test plans, test cases using TestLink and test scenarios.
- Analyzing Functional Requirements and Business Specification.
- Responsible for ensuring that the two IT product teams are building the product to the need of the business.
- Lead Business analyst building business cases, epics across two products of OverDryve.
- Worked for the VP of Logistics management who was the product owner and ensuring that the needs on the ground for business was met.
- Building User stories with the IT Product manager and scrum master
- Translate stakeholder requirements into over 10 different tangible deliverables such as functional specifications, user cases, user stories, workflow/process diagrams, data flow/data model diagrams.
- Draft and maintain business requirements and align them with functional and technical requirements.
- Completing UAT for the two products along with the two other business analyst and also writing UAT test cases and helping developers to automate test cases.
- Working with user experience designers to validate the front end experiences
- Release management from the business end user perspective
- Other day to day roles included performing compatibility testing with various mobile handsets to ensure that functionality is working as expected. Testing the application under different networks and Internet speeds including on 3G, 4G/LTE and Wi-Fi, multiple mobile platforms such as iOS and Android devices.
- Provided critical feedback and suggestions for additional features on future builds and updates of software. Contributed in discovering several critical business workflow bugs and making sure that the IT team fixes them before releasing the product.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Worked with development team in investigating and correcting software defects based on the testing results.
- Generated test scripts for different test scenarios covering all aspects of project functionality.
- Created test plans to detail the testing scope, requirements, strategies and all needed required resources.
- Attend walkthroughs conducted by developers, to ensure thorough understanding of the requirements.
- Analyzed defects/test results and deducted the chain of events leading to a failure.
- Written SQL Query to extract data from database tables for testing purpose.
- Analyze existing business functions and products to develop strategy for testing for conversion Design test scenarios and use cases from requirements.
- Write Test Conditions and build Test Cases using - Quality Center 9.0 Mercury’s Test management Tool for Backend processes and Web applications.
- Interacted with the project team to assign priority to Projects based on dependency and criticality.
- Determine Test data requirements for testing for individual components and end to end testing.
- Execute Test cases, Detect and File Defects in Quality Center 9.0
- Involved in defect meeting with Developers, vendors to review discuss and follow-up on existing issues and up-coming fixes.
- Map Test Conditions to Requirements in Mercury Quality Center and perform Coverage Analysis
- Involved in Peer Reviews of Test Case and Test Conditions, also responsible for documenting Peer Review Results in a Defect Log
- Performed the Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on from - end by writing and executing SQL queries on the database
- Involved in executing scripts in order to maintain clean point database for every new build in QA Environment.
- Assisted in generating Post Deployment Scripts and UAT scripts for users.
- Assisted in documenting screen mock-ups in HTML and designing of applications.
- Involved in developing test plans and test cases for specific functional requirements.
- Extensively used QC to manage test defects and map requirements to test cases.
- Participated in product design reviews, providing input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Coordinated with development team for understanding of requirements and resolution of defects.
- Documented anomalies and issues.
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries to check backend data and data integrity.
- Involved in creating the document with input for weekly status report.
- Participated in testing activities throughout all phases of SDLC.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Written SQL Query to extract data from database tables for testing purpose.
- Monitored bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Monitored and re-tested all defects resolved by the development team.
- Created Test Cases as per the business requirements and executed them.
- Created Test Scripts and enhanced the TSL scripts by adding functions using function generator of WinRunner.
- Test Director was used for creating coverage between requirements and test cases.
- Edited the automatically generated scripts to customize testing.
- Interacted with programmers to identify and resolve technical issues
- Participated in Walkthrough and defect report meetings periodically
- Created new Win Runner Scripts for the additional functionality being added from time to time
- Version control and configuration management was done using Visual Source Safe
- Trained Beginners and intermediate QA Testers on Win Runner and on bug reporting tool
- Extensively worked on Test Director for bug reporting/tracking
- Documenting and communicating test results using Test Director