Subject: Database Management System
Hardware: HP, SUN, Windows Workstation
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/XP/NT, UNIX
Programming Languages: C, C++, Cobol, SQL, PL/SQL, Basic Infomatica.
Database: Microsoft ODBC, SQL, Oracle 9i/10g
Development Tools: Microsoft Visual Basic, MS Studio, Exceed
General Software: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, TOAD ( SQL Tool ), Mercury Test Director (Testing ), HP Quality center.
Navigators: Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Mozilla Fox Pro.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Performing Data Conversion from Legacy systems of Alltel, ILT & Telco into the Confidential Billing System (Telegence).
- Developing Unix Shell Scrips and writing various SQL/PL Scripts .
- Bug fixing, defect fixing and resolution.
- Report generations using Oracle/Unix Scripts.
- Report Creation in Microsoft XL
- Data analysis/loading using XL.
- Design documents creation and Presentations.
- Performing and Coordinating various testing stages - involved in the Conversion Life cycle . e.g. Unit Testing, Mock Tests, Dress Rehearsal, Production Validation Testing & Go Live testing.
- Provide On Going Support for core Conversion modules of Conversion Engine, DriveCust - with interfacing of Telegence CSM .
- Co-ordinate the implementation of incremental version of the product and ensure that it is deployed with high Quality
- Provide short term Mitigation Plans to address Clients needs.
- Co-ordinate with other Modules of the product to solve Clients issues.
- Responsible for maintaining interface agreement with other external applications being used by the Client around the Confidential Conversion Engine.
- Responsible for Maintaining the Service Level Agreements (SLA) of the deliverables to the Client
- Support UAT and other Testing stages.
- Working on the High level and Technical designs and presenting the design documents to the management.
- Manage the development activities assigned to me according to given timelines
- Working on the Technical design.
- Perform code reviews on developed items.
- Development/Maintenance and Support work on C based client projects on Unix platform, with involvement of Oracle/SQL-PL as Database.
- Oracle Scripting- on Infosys's internal tools for Database Reporting and Analysis.
- Worked on Devsquare Client's project- in writing Oracle scripts, as per company requirements.
- Devsquare was internal company level tool used for sore of Data warehousing reporting- wherein our role was to convert business requirement into Oracle scripts- using Infosy’s in house-SQL Editors, and then to upload the script into the tool- to generate reports in various formats.
- Hands on experience on SQL/PL,SQL tuning On Unix platform.
- Well versed with RDBMS
- Well versed with SDLC and its stages.
- Prior to working in Confidential, I was working as a committed Lecturer over 3 years of experience teaching future computer engineers students .
- The main responsibility includes Delivering Lectures in Relational Database, Software Engineering and Programming C and handling labs for the same .
- The other roles include conducting regular seminars and providing requirement guidance to students in project.
- The nature of the job helps you in building excellent administrative, verbal communication and written skills along with constructive and effective teaching methods.