- Over 10 years of solid experience in Software Quality Assurance, Analysis and Testing of Web Applications and Epic application.
- Working knowledge of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as Testing Life Cycle (TLC).
- Extensive experience in developing Test Scenarios, detailed Test Cases and Traceability Matrix.
- Excellent experience in various testing which includes Functional testing, System integration testing, End - to-End testing, Regression testing, GUI testing, Smoke testing, User acceptance testing, Black Box, Positive testing and Negative testing.
- Responsible for executing test scripts, identifying areas for correction, and reporting issues to development team.
- Expert in Ambulatory, Cadence, Prelude and Inpatient modules of EPIC Suite.
- Solid experience in integration testing with different modules of EPIC Applications.
- Excellent Experience in Web services testing by using SOAP UI
- Experience in UA Testing that planning and testing to cover all the functional scenarios of the software in real-world usage.
- Very Good experience in validation of HL7 messages.
- Extensive experience in developing SQL Queries and executing queries by using TOAD and SQL Developer.
- Extensively used HP ALM for Report Generation, Requirements, Test Plan, Test execution, Defect tracking and Reporting.
- Good written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Self-motivated with result oriented approach.
- Able to successfully handle multiple projects, priorities and assignments with varying complexity.
- Excellent Analytical skills and also successful team player to contribute to the team goals as well as personally assigned goals.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, and IBM Main Frame.
Database: DB2, Oracle.
Testing Tools: HP ALM, Toad, Soap UI, QTP and Oracle SQL Developer
Epic Modules: Cadence, Prelude, Ambulatory, ADT, ASAP, Willow, StorkAnesthesia, Optime, My Chart, Resolute and Tapestry AP.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- Review Physical Solution Development documents for assigned CRs.
- Participate in Change Request, functional and technical specification meetings to understand business requirements and implementation approach.
- Write detailed Test Cases based on PSDD and CRs.
- Work with Business teams for test case reviews and approvals.
- Develop traceability matrix between requirements and test cases to make sure adequate test coverage.
- Prepare test data in excel sheet.
- Write SQL Queries and validate the data on the back end by using the Oracle SQL Developer.
- Execute test cases for Web services by using the SOAP UI.
- Executed automation test cases for regression by using QTP.
- Conducted data driven test to execute same script for multiple times with different inputs.
- Extensively worked on Check points, synchronization point and output values, Test object properties using QTP
- Involved in System Testing, Ad-Hoc testing, Functional testing, Usability Testing, Smoke Testing, User Accept Testing and Regression Testing.
- Open a defect if mismatch between expected and actual Result, working with the Dev team to resolve the issue and close the defect.
- Prepare deliverables like Burn down chart, testing status report and defect status report.
- Participate in defect review calls and weekly status meetings.
- Extensively used HP ALM for Status Report, Traceability Matrix, Test Execution, Defect tracking and Reporting.
- Analyzed EPIC Suite reviewed Work Flows then identifies the test scenarios for different modules of the application.
- Prepared detailed Test Cases for the testing of different modules including ASAP, Clinical Documentation, Ambulatory, Anesthesia, ADT, My chart, Resolute and Willow etc.
- Created test deliverables according to the module.
- Register, schedule and arrive the patients for outpatient and Inpatient in IDX.
- Involved in System Testing, Ad-Hoc testing, Functional testing, Usability Testing which includes WIT (workflow integration testing), Smoke testing and Regression Testing.
- Involved in Ambulatory Wave 2 and 3 Specialties and willow testing.
- Involved in Expected Reimbursement and Charge Volume testing.
- Created/Generated Test data in Excel Spreadsheets.
- Performed End-to-End testing of the application.
- Validated Interface messages sent to appropriate downstream systems during the execution of end to end workflows.
- Involved in validation of the HL7 messages between Epic and Ancillaries.
- Analyzed the results and reported the bugs using Apex Now.
- Involved in scheduling appointments (Walk-ins, quick appointments, recurring etc.), check-ins and copay overrides using Cadence.
- Involved in testing ADT, admitting patients, discharge and transfer, assigning beds and the registration process for the patients being admitted in hospital facilities.
- Participated in go-live (Ambulatory and Inpatient).
- Educated and assisted physicians on how to document encounters, manage In-basket, orders, preference list.
- Actively participated in daily and weekly team status meetings and defect review calls.
- Prepared Status Summary Reports with details of executed passed and failed test cases.
Environment: EPIC product suites, IDX, Apex Now, SharePoint, Citrix Server, Mainframe, and Windows.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
Sr. QA Tester
- Analyzed EPIC Suite, reviewed Work Flows and Functional Requirements.
- Prepared detailed Test Cases for the testing of different modules including Emergency Department, Clinical Documentation, Ambulatory, Anesthesia, IP RX, ADT etc.
- Involved in Block Box Testing which includes WIT (workflow integration testing), System testing, Ad-hoc Testing and Regression Testing.
- Created/Generated Test data in MS Excel Spreadsheets.
- Used Quality Center for Test case design, Test execution and Test Summary Reports.
- Tested various tasks and workflows like Admission, Case Creation, Scheduling operations, Notes, Order Entry Etc.
- Tested the Patient monitoring system for In-patient and Out-patient using ADT and ED EPIC care modules.
- Tested Office Visit Encounter, Telephone Encounter, Refill Encounter using Ambulatory module.
- Tested Allergies, Doc Flow sheet, MAR, Patient Reports and Chat Review using Clindoc.
- Tested Medications, Medication Details, Dispensing Override, Load and Unload using PYXIS (IP RX).
- Tracked, reviewed and reported the defects using Mercury Quality Center.
- Open a defect and working with the Application Coordinators team to resolve the issues and close the defect.
- Actively participated in Defect calls to discuss and resolve the issues.
- Actively participated in daily and weekly team status meetings.
- Reviewed HL7 messages to track the patient information being transmitted between HealthConnect and the different ancillaries.
- Good Knowledge of HealthConnect application and extensively worked with testing of the different modules of testing.
- Worked closely with other team members to deliver successful projects, meeting defined milestones.