- Quality Work QA Methodologies QA Team Leadership
- QA Tester/Lead with 15+ years manual QA Testing experience with familiarity in test automation with 4+ years of lead experience providing team direction and hands - on testing.
- Extensive experience gathering and understanding business strategy and needs to ensure that technology solutions completely and accurately resolve the needs and objectives of client businesses.
- Hands-on technology professional accustomed to working in complex, project-based environments such as Unix and Windows.
- Multifaceted experience in QA software testing and user-acceptance testing.
- Built many computers from scratch.
- Built computer labs. Detail-oriented and holds high-quality standards.
- SQA Testing & Methodologies
- Agile, Waterfall
- Functional Requirements
- Test Plans, Cases & Processes
- XML, JSON, HTML
- Oracle DB interfaces
- Oracle Dev. DB
- SQL, JSON
- ALM; Putty
- Oracle SQLPlus
- Helped create Test Strategies & Coverages
- Establish QA & QC Standards
- CA Agile
- Performance, Load & Stress Testing
- Testing with Automation tools
- Defect & Bug Tracking
- PVCS Tracker
- Regression & Negative Testing
- HP ALM, Borland Caliber, Rally, Bug Triage
- CMMI level 3
- HP Quality Center
Confidential, Littleton, CO
Senior Software Quality Assurance Tester
- Promoted and moved through the ranks of QA Tester to QA Lead Tester to Senior Software QA Tester/Lead.
- Led and served as a key member of software quality assurance team and mentor to local and Off-Shore QA team members at Confidential, Qwest, and Confidential .
- Attended daily Agile Scrum meetings of progress in Test Plans, Test Cases, defects and any environmental issues.
- One of the Test Leads that attended and provided input during the planning sessions to Estimate and Prioritize User Stories for the test team and assigned Stories to team members.
- Experienced in testing in UNIX, XML, HTML, worked with Java, and JSON.
- Require no supervision and am self-motivated and lead by example.
- Think rapidly, react quickly, and adhere to all types of testing such as: White box, Black box, and Gray box. Does not limit self to just the knowns, search for the unknowns and see what it produces and react.
- Worked Remotely from home on many Waterfall and Agile projects for over a 3-year period - performed testing and Lead jobs and as well as attended conference calls with local and off-shore teams while working remotely. Worked longer days working remotely than when in the office.
- Created software test plans, wrote and executed test cases.
- Documented defects of code and environments and worked with the Development team to identify how to reproduce and fix the code and/or environments.
- No known defects that went into Production from my testing. Strived on Quality and through testing.
- Performed Functional, Intersystem, and Integration Testing, used Automation tools, Manual Testing, Flow through Testing (E2E), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), GUI and Browser testing.
- Worked in both Agile Methodology and Waterfall Methodology.
- Participated in product-design reviews throughout the software development lifecycle to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, and potential issues.
- Multi-Tasking ability to work on a number of different projects in the same Agile Sprint and over different Agile Sprints.
- Worked with Borland Caliber, HP ALM, and CA Agile test/development tools to track requirements, user stories, defect /bugs. CA Agile and Caliber are what I believe are similar software tools like Jira and TestRail.
- Met all key milestones for each release on time and on budget.