A detail - oriented and highly proficient software engineer, with a strong background in quality assurance, Agile, test plans and cases, coding, automation scripting, component validation, team and mentoring, server, Java applications oversight, and wiki page creation. A proven track record of providing effective testing through meticulous processing and engaging and empowering other engineers. Excels at finding new ways to bolster speed and efficiency among a total computer and software environment. A driven and deeply analytical producer, who provides meaningful support and oversight to help a company achieve key business objectives.
Automated Test Tools: Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium, QTP, Soap UI
Operating Systems: AIX, RHEL, HP UNIX, SOLARIS, Windows
Middleware: Web Services, REST API, Golden Gate
Database Systems: Oracle, Informix, Sybase, MS SQL Server, TOAD, BI-PUBLISHER, OBIEE
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA (Scrum Kanban Board)
Dev ops Tools: Git, GitHub, Maven, TestNG, Jenkins, Ansible
Confidential, Reston, Virginia
Software QA Engineer
- In Scrum, Managed Agile Scrum process and grooming user stories, added acceptance criteria and conducted retrospectives.
- Writing user stories in JIRA, from business requirements, customer support, operations and network teams.
- Created automated test suites for new application features using Cucumber (Gherkin Language) and Selenium (Java) framework.
- Identified the test cases to be automated and performed data driven testing and GUI Check Points using QTP and enhanced the overall functionality of the automation for regression suite.
- Implemented test scenarios using Element locators, WebDriver methods using Java programming features and TestNG Annotations
- Validated and certified components after regression and integration test for production deployment.
- Developed automation for application logs processing and application and system process management.
- Automated application builds and deployment process, using ANSIBLE scripts for deploying software in production, DEV, and QA environments
- Setup Jenkins jobs for running build/deployment/test automation for Continuous Integration builds.
- Experience in complete environment setup from end to end, using VM servers, applications, database administration.
- Creating Jenkins jobs for continuous build and continuous integration.
- Validated configuration setup in Big Data project of HDFS Cluster, MapReduce, and Hive environments.
- Created wiki pages on project details and release dates.
- Developed code changes in java for Nagios monitoring and code check in with git and Maven builds.
- Developed test plans and test cases. Delivered bug-free code to production.
- Assigned test tasks to team members and helped them in reaching individual goals.
- Presented test plans and deployment guides to stakeholders. Demoed applications to stakeholders.
- Tested many Java back-end applications for audit and escrow and managed teams during process.
- Tested, validated and Managed schedules for 100+ Oracle reports in Data-Warehouse environment, along with ETL applications
- Oversaw System Integration environment, including Tomcat servers, BI-Publisher, OBIEE, databases instances, audit/escrow applications, SCP, and e-mail.
Confidential, Ashburn, Virginia
Software QA Engineer
- Developed test plan documents and test cases using test director
- Reviewed work of other associates and employees, and demonstrated work to others.
- Tested C++-based and Spud back-end server application with help of TAS tool and administrative tool of J2EE.
- Tested database-related changes in Sybase before moving into production.
- Participated in end-to-end testing and problem resolution for all development, production, and testing issues.