- Over 6 years of experience in Quality Assurance and implementing the QA methodologies, Analysis, Testing and Implementation of Client/server and Web based applications.
- Expertise in preparing Test Summary Reports, Test Cases and Test Scripts for Automated and manual testing.
- Testing expertise includes Formulation of Test Assets, and Test documentation, Implementing Test Standards.
- Highly proficient in working with automated testing tools like Mercury Interactive Test Suite (Quick Test Pro, Load Runner, Test Director and Quality Center), Rational Tools (Clear Quest and Requisite Pro) Extensively worked in Regression Testing, and Functional Testing.
- Experience in understanding of software development methods.
- Thorough understanding of the SDLC process entailing requirement analysis, design, development, testing, change request management and maintenance / enhancement support to the client with strong skills in Mainframe
- Experienced in testing the functionality, GUI applications.
- Generating and implementing templates for Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Business Analysis, Gap Analysis, Test Defect Log, Test Case Checklist etc.
- Experienced in Automation of software testing process using Mercury Interactive Test suite ( Load Runner, Quick Test Pro and Test Director)
- Strong skills in performing System, User Acceptance, Regression, Stress, Performance, Load, Functionality, Front End and Back End Testing.
- Experience in Backend Testing of the applications by executing SQL commands.
- Expertise in testing Performance, Load and Stress for Web and Client/Server Applications.
- Experience with Web and Application Servers.
- Participated in requirements analysis reviews and working sessions to understand the requirements and system design.
- Experience in estimation of test effort and coordinate test schedule with overall project schedule.
- Experience in developing business based functional test scenarios.
- Expertise in Problem solving and Bug Tracking Reports using Bug tracking Tools.
- Excellent in communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with DB2 database systems and applications.
- Ability to work in tight schedules and on different applications concurrently.
- Solid analytical and trouble shooting skills.
Testing Tools: Quality Center 10.0/9.2/9.0 , Test Director 8.0, Rational ClearQuestQuick Test Professional 9.2/9.0/8.0, Load Runner 8.0/9.0,Rational Requisite Pro
Languages: C, C++, Matlab
Scripting Lang: VB Script
RDBMS: SQL Server 2000/7.0, DB2, MySQL 5.1,Oracle 9i
Operating System: Windows XP/2003/2000/NT/98, UNIX, DOS
Internet: HTML, XML, IE 7.x/ 6.x
GUI: VB 6.5, MS Office 2003/XP, MS Project 2003, MS Outlook 2003
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Automated the Manual test cases of CMS.
- Baseline all testing work products
- Analyzed Business requirements and understand the Customer expectations.
- Identified the areas to be automated in the AUT (Application under Test).
- Analyzed the positive and negative flows of the Application.
- Designed Test cases from Requirements, Functional Specifications
- Created and maintained Requirements traceability matrix in Quality Center.
- Conducted Technical meeting with the Team on Object Identification concept
- Enhanced the Script by inserting Verification points, Regular Expressions, Synchronizing points.
- Changing the DB2 tables' content as per analysis.
- Parameterized data for Data driven testing in order to implement Retesting using multiple sets of data.
- Conducted Regression Testing on every new build after the Bug fixes with the help of QTP(Expert Mode)
- Logged the defects in to Quality Center and followed until it is fixed.
- Performed backend testing using SQL Queries to compare the data from the application.
- Designing reusable functions using descriptive programming using QTP.
- Exported the Manual Test scripts from Word to Quality Center.
- Executed the QTP scripts from Quality Center.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix to verify that all stated and derived requirements are allocated to system components
- Used Object Repository to capture the objects of the application.
- Interacted with Business Development Team, Application Developers, Project Manager and other team members on application testing status when necessary
- Performed UAT from time to time
- Performed Scalability, Performance and Load Testing using Load Runner 9.0 (System Analysis, Creating Virtual User Scripts, Defining User Behavior, Running Load Test Scenario, Monitoring the Performance, Analyzing Results).
Environment: DB2, QTP 9.2, Quality Center 9.0, SQL, Java, VbScript, XML, Load Runner 9.0
Confidential, San Jose CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Gathering, understanding the business requirements by working closely with business analysts, developers and to define the test scope, approach.
- Designed Test cases from Requirements, Functional Specifications and Design Documents.
- Support building test environments
- Experience in identifying the objects which are not recognized by QTP and created new objects with descriptive programming.
- Provide technical guidance to the test team to ensure test activities are performed according to the developed test strategy and test plan
- Review test scenarios and make appropriate changes in Quality Center.
- Prepare proper checklists, templates and standard documents and ensure strict adherence to them throughout the software development lifecycle. Ensure proper documentation throughout the project.
- Performed automation testing on the application using QTP (Quick Test Pro).
- Performed UAT to ensure mutually agreed - upon requirements are met.
- Created library of functions using VB Script and used them several times in the application testing.
- Review test scenarios and make appropriate changes in Quality Center. Create and execute test cases based on test strategy and test plans
- Implemented HP Mercury interactive automated tools like Quality Center, Load Runner and QTP.
- Executing the test scripts for different builds and release.
- Analyzing Test Results, Recording Defects encountered while Test execution and Tracking them to their closure.
- Used QTP for functionality and Regression testing,
- Conducted Knowledge Transfer to the peer group on Application.
Environment: Quality Center 9.0, QTP9.2, .Net, Oracle, SQL, VBScript, XML, MSExcel, MSPower Point