An IT professional for 20+ years specializing in Quality Assurance, Software Testing, compliance, project management and process improvement. Strengths include excellent communicator, highly organized and strategist. Fostering professional relationships, respect for others and applying diplomacy are exhibited behaviors in my daily activities. Committed to meeting clients’ needs and expanding capabilities. These factors make me the “go - to person” within IT teams for problem resolution.
Confidential, Wayne, NJ
Quality Assurance Manager, Process Improvement
- Manager of IT Quality Assurance and Process Improvement department at Confidential, with responsibility of implementation of Software Testing best practices, identifying gaps within IT organization and applying policy & procedures to increase efficiency including change management, project and production support application testing, and auditing.
- Reengineering Confidential ’s Quality Assurance IT; designing a formal test process with emphasis on efficient work flow and traceability. Key elements of testing strategies included: mandatory deliverables of documented and standardized Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases; interim control strategies; impact assessments, data validation/migration testing; and report development methodologies for case listings. Ensure regression test suites are created and updated for all major applications/systems.
- Initiating and designing innovative ‘Testing Center of Excellence’ Model focusing on the concept of a suite of testing services including manual, automated, integration, performance testing, data validation, and usability testing. Each service depicts testing milestones and corresponding metrics. Deliverables include schedule estimates, test execution status and defects reported.
- Manage staff of fourteen; including performance reviews, career development, and hiring. (12 Quality Assurance Analysts, 1 Change Management Analyst, 1 Specialist.)
- Develop and distribute project health metric reports including; open number of defects, closed number of defects, severity of defect, and test execution status. Gather detailed information from tools such as Team Foundation Server, Quality Center and Team Track. (Defects are documented in a central repository for transparency to team members allowing quick turnaround of fixes). Defects include steps to recreate.
- Restructured the internal program to include announcements, budget and identifying new technologies.
- Lead and coordinate large projects with responsibilities including implementing test strategies for CRM, .Net, SQL/Oracle, People Soft, and Share Point platforms; reviewing progress, identifying obstacles, formulating solutions and reporting consolidated status.
- Train IT teams on best SDLC practices; create and maintain user guides and other material, recommend new and improved documentation through collaboration with end users.
- In corporate mentor within my team to ensure continuous improvement is applied to daily tasks.
- Designed and implemented comprehensive review process within the Quality Assurance organization which includes peer review and the project teams’ review (Business Analysts, Developers and Project Managers).
- Continuously promote cross functional collaboration to strategize and apply improved processes to the entire IT organization (examples: formalize unit testing, formalize code and requirements reviews, infrastructure readiness, and establish formal signoffs).
- Lead vendor selection, management and partnership efforts by driving clear communication and depicting detailed expectations that appear in SOWs (Statement of Work). Current project: Consolidation of production support ticketing system, change control testing workflow.
- Drive goal attainment and process improvements across the IT organization through enhanced Balanced Scorecard implementation utilizing project, financial and operational measures.
- Implemented demand planning strategy for forecasting and tracking resources and budget for projects and production support
- Program Manager within Solutions, Verification and Testing team with responsibility for the implementation and promoting Testing services including: test execution of test designed to meet FDA validation and compliance standards using a functional verification environment and delivering detailed test summary reports, applying Standard Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices, compliance, requirements traceability, program/project management (estimates/budgets), business process management, and auditing.
- Resource Management; including forecasting of talent (ensuring availability of resources to test specific technology and business requirements), managed on shore and offshore direct reports and global project teams. Included delivering estimates, budgets and detailed SOWs (Statement of Work).
- Delivered formal on compliance topics to global IT application users including Executive and Senior level Management.
- Created user guides and other material that best aligned with the various communication technologies that were utilized for global users. Led cross-functional groups to develop action plans to address quality issues, determine clear deliverables to ensure compliance and software testing best practices.
- Implemented defect management workflow; managed defect reporting across all programs/projects. Managed and tracked corrective actions to Audit Observations.
- Authored SOW (Statement of work) for multiple vendors to identify mandatory deliverables. Use tools such as Quality Center and Team Track.
- Identified areas of compliance risk and apply approaches to mitigate.
- Implemented and supported company wide initiatives relating to cost containment which were achieved through technology and partnership with offshore vendors.
- Collaborated with cross functional teams with regards to Quality and Validation in efforts such as Global Standards Harmonization, Part 11 & Computer System Validation, and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Led validated testing efforts for major global applications which included development of business procedures, alignment to SOPs (standard operating procedures) and all validation strategies; Global Change Management (Trackwise), Document and Publishing (Documentum/First Doc), Laboratory applications (LIMS), Adverse Events/Pharmacovigilance (Oracle), and integration of global SAP instances.
- Researched new tools and technologies that enhanced SV&T’s ability to provide useful services and ultimately useful solutions for customers.
- Successfully designed SOX compliant workflow and implemented application globally.
- Collaborated jointly with business users and development team managers to effectively implement projects to ensure end-user requirements and objectives were met.
Confidential, Livingston, NJ
- Relationship manager between business areas and development team focusing on requirements translated into IT solutions, facilitating User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and final signoff prior to delivery to production. Created test plans, test cases and maintained user guides, manuals, and materials. Developed and implemented methodologies that identified defects, enabled detailed metric reporting and continuously researched new technologies to improve test efforts and findings such as HP Quality Center.
Confidential, Franklin Lakes, N.J
- Managed team of 3-5 people consisting of analysts and developers where continuous goal was converting existing business logic along with customer-focused functionality for use on www. Created test plans and test cases that emulated the same scenarios customer service representatives used in the client server application.
- Scheduled review sessions and release schedules as well as content that would be released.
- Provided metrics and other reports that measured projects progress to senior management.
Confidential, Roseland, NJ
- Managed staff including providing performance appraisals.
- Wrote product specifications (used by developers), test plans, test cases and defect reports for metrics purposes. Acted as liaison between business community and IT to ensure effective and efficient systems were being delivered to end users.