Results - driven, self-starter and skillful QA Engineer with solid knowledge in Mobile and Web testing and extensive experience in software development methodologies including both Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall models seeking a Permanent Full Time Quality Assurance Engineer position.
- 14 years of experience as a software QA engineer, experienced with all aspects of end-to-end test planning and execution test designing, for Client Server and Web Application testing, Mobile (iOS & Android) apps in both Agile and waterfall models.
- Exceptional ability to work under high pressure, demanding and delivering excellence in consistently meeting project objectives and exceeding expectations, and with an unmatched commitment to the of organizational goals and objectives.
- Provided strategic leadership to test team by developing test plans organizing testing activities to achieve test objectives for a high-quality software release-Knowledge of test tools and platforms Bugzilla, ClearQuest, Quality Center, Version one, JIRA, Rally Experience in Agile (Scrum methodology including Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Iteration Review and Demo, Sprint Retrospective, Sprint Estimation, Sprint/Product Backlogs) software development methodologies.
- Hands on experience testing on both iOS and Android manually and using Appium. API Testing using POSTMAN and RestClient (Wiztools).
- Experience verifying database entries using SQL commands Experience managing both offshore and on site teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experienced Confidential delivering results with remote geographically dispersed teams
- Experience working in high-profile time sensitive projects, with a track record of ensuring customer satisfaction Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Experience with both manual testing and automation testing using Selenium. Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle as well as Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Experience in setting up and working in Vmware/ESX environment Experience setting up Confidential ’s Symmetrix, Clariion and Compaq(HP) EVA storage for testing.
- Experience testing Cloud Application on AWS and Confidential Cloud.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, Mac, iOS, Android
Software: Datacenter/Network Management tools such as Confidential |Smarts (IP, SAM,VOIP, MPLS, ESM), ECC
Languages: HTML, C, Shell Scripting, SQL
Tools: Quality Center, ClearQuest, JIRA, Rally, Appium, Selenium, Charles, Android Device Monitor, REST Client, POSTMAN, SOAPUI, iTunes, Xcode
Confidential, Bethlehem, PA
Sr. Software QA Engineer
- Responsible for testing Confidential Cloud application’s functionality on both Android and iOS Responsible for capturing logs and calls using Xcode, Charles, Adroid Device Monitor
- Responsible to install ipa file using iTunes and test iphone application
- Responsible for testing back-end and front end functionality of Confidential Cloud App
- Prepared and reviewed Test Plans and Test cases
- Designed, planned and managed testing activities in JIRA
- Responsible for testing APIs using RESTClient, and verify content exists in AWS/Newbay (Cloud) Attend Sprint Planning, Reviews/Demo, Go/NoGo meetings, retro and scrum (Agile) Provide daily and weekly status reports to management
Confidential, New York
- Assisted automating test suits for faster regression cycle Closely interacted with product management and development teams to assure most effective project execution
- Managed multiple Confidential Mobile Apps projects simultaneously with high efficiency in very tight time schedules.
- Prepared and reviewed Test Plans and Test cases for various projects
- Designed, planned and managed testing activities in Rally & in JIRA Manage all manual and automated testing for Confidential Mobile Apps in iOS and Android: Confidential, Baby, Pregnancy, Pain Coach, Allergy using Appium.
- Experience using Charles, Xcode, ADB, Android Device Monitor and iTunes
- Key contributor and lead tester for Confidential 's mobile app suite of 4+ star ratings
- Responsible for testing APIs using RESTClient
- Experience verifying database entries using SQL commands
- Attend Sprint Planning, Reviews/Demo, Go/NoGo meetings, retro and scrum (Agile)
- Provide daily and weekly status reports to management
- Experience working with offshore teams of 4 testers
Confidential, Middletown, NJ
Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Attend requirement gathering and Functional Review meetings
- Develop, plan and implement test cases based on software requirements, user input and technical understanding
- Perform functional, system, and regression tests with higher quality, which includes Informix DB queries Support End-to-End team while testing
- Assist in reproducing, investigating and debugging software issues in coordination with the development and production team
- Document and report test outcomes by collecting, analyzing, interpreting and summarizing data to the Product Management Team
Confidential, Berkley Heights, NJ
Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Lead test engineer with proven expertise in test designing, test planning, test automation and test execution of Client Server and Web Applications.
- Proactively communicate to customers when potential issues arise and provide solutions to customers immediately.
- Research and resolve customer escalations quickly to ensure customer satisfaction by partnering with engineering team to deploy patches Confidential customer site immediately after getting service request.
- Successfully completed set of software testing projects for Confidential |Smarts Datacenter/Network Management solutions (IP, SAM, VOIP, MPLS, and ESM).
- Proven experience using test management and defect tracking systems such as HP Quality Center (QTP), ClearQuest and Remedy.
- Hands on expertise with test automation tools such as HPQTP (Functional Tester)
- Proficient in multi-platform (Windows, Linux and Solaris) and cross browser testing (IE, Firefox).
- Generated and organized all pertinent documentation and significantly centralized location (wiki’ & e-rooms) which resulted in enhanced efficiency for other projects.
- Experience in writing SQL Queries to retrieve data from the database and verify the tables.
Confidential, Marlborough, MA
HW/SW Quality Assurance Engineer
- Lead the testing process for multiple projects encompassing documentation reviews, prioritized regression testing, and for newly developed feature testing.
- Interface between all component quality assurance testers and software developers; provide primary direction to a new group in remote location.
- Work closely with developers, engineering program manager, and QA manager to leverage risks concerning development and testing schedule
- Engage in the design phase of software development life cycle (SDLC) and provide recommendations on actual design and deployment of the product Research and resolve customer escalations quickly to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate comprehensive to all new members ensuring proficiency with operational procedures, systems functionality, and test procedures.