Experienced in System Software Quality, Systems and Network Administration, installation configuration, troubleshooting of Oracle Enterprise Linux, Solaris and Windows NT.
Operating Systems: Oracle Enterprise Linux, Solaris, Redhat Linux, Windows.
Server Products: Oracle Real Application cluster, Oracle WebLogic, Messaging server, Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Server, Systems Management Server
Security: Packet Filter, COPS, Tripwire, TCP Wrappers, PowerBroker/Sudo, Firewalls, Proxy
Scripting Languages: Ksh, Perl, Sed, Awk, Python
Networking: TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, WINS, DHCP, NTP, Sendmail, DNS, NFS, NIS, OpenVSwitch, IPV4/IPV6, VLAN, VSFTPD, IPSec/IKE, VNIC, Trunking/Aggregation
Other /Technologies: OpenStack, LDom, docker,VMWare, LVM, ZFS, SVM, VxVM and VXFS, SRIOV, NPIV, High Availability software, Oracle, MySQL& SAMP stack,Veritas Netbackup
Confidential, Austin, TXQA Lead
- Led the QA team for High Availability cluster
- Was involved in planning, authoring and executing the validation plans
- Filed bugs, investigated the problems to isolate other causes to confirm product bug
- Performed validations that involved installing various product stacks including cluster software to run functional tests, stress tests with various fault injections and performance testing
- Represented Quality group regularly in different forums like bug court
- Worked with OpenStack testing on Solaris and Linux controller to test nova driver for Ldoms
- Helping with system administration tasks and troubleshooting problems for Dev/QA Team members.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MNQA Lead
- Administrate Sun Enterprise, HP Enterprise and Compaq Proliant server hardware
- Installed/configured/performed troubleshooting of Solaris, HP - UX 9.x/10.x,WinDD 3.5, NT Server 4.0
- Created File Systems, managed the data integrity of the File Systems, monitored system resources, tuned the kernel for application installation/performance
- Configured and maintained print servers with jetadmin software
- Administered NIS/NIS+ domains
- Installed Netscape Enterprise Server and Netscape Messaging server
- Wrote shell scripts / perl scripts for routine jobs
- Developed Confidential programs in perl for a web interface for creating user accounts in NT domain
- Administered an NT domain with two NT4.0 servers and three WinDD servers for multi-user NT access from Solaris desktop
- Installed PowerBroker software and created policy file for distributing proper rights to different users
- Setting up NFS and Automounter between various systems.
- Administered an Auspex ServerGuard with Two auspex servers for NFS server redundancy at all levels
- Installing latest patch clusters including Y2K patches
- Performed Systems and Network Administration for a network with 15 serversand 300+ workstations
- Installed, configured and performed troubleshooting different flavors of unix machines and windows-NT machines.
- Also, designed and maintained a 300+ node network divided into two subnets
- Configured UNIX systems (Solaris, HPUX, CLIX, IRIX, SCO Unix) and interconnecting them in the Network by configuring TCP/IP stack, DNS, NIS in a heterogeneous network
- Installed Windows-NT on Intel based systems and used products like DiskShare, PC-NFS, PC/TCP, eXalt and DiskAccess for interoperability between NT and UNIX systems