- 8 years of Business Analysis & Quality Assurance experience utilizing techno - functional background.
- Managed end to end Business Analysis activities for $ 3 million Order to Cash management application for Confidential .
- Successfully implemented change management activities for a multi-million dollar SAP implementation Project at Confidential.
- Prepared effective training materials and learning curricula for Confidential Sales & Support Associates based on ADDIE Model by utilizing instructional designing skill set.
- Played a key role as a test engineer while converting a legacy system into a web based loan origination system for Confidentialn.
- Proficient in Manual Testing, with different testing types like Black box, Gray box, Smoke, Functional, Integration, System, End to End, Regression, User Acceptance Testing and Database Testing.
- Skilled in using Automation Testing Tools & Test management Tools for Software Quality Assurance (SQA).
- Experienced in testing of .NET, Web and client/server based applications.
- Adept in working on all phases of Quality assurance testing in Manual and Automated including Test Strategy, Test Planning, Test Case Preparation, Test Execution, and Defect Management
- Diligently worked on all phases of Business Analysis including Planning, Stakeholder Management, Requirement analysis & elicitation, Requirement Management, Solution assessment and Validation
- Extensive experience in documenting Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional/Systems Requirements Specifications (SRS), Workflows and Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams.
- Gained experience in Offshore - Onshore project model while working for various IT projects.
- Worked as one of the core Instructional Designers in designing and developing course modules for Training Certification Program offered by Confidential for working professionals.
Operating System: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Unix, Linux
Languages: C#, C, C++, VB ScriptData Modelling tools MS Office Suite, MS Visio, SQL server
Business Intelligence: SSIS, SSRS ETL Reporting Tools
Content Management: Share point, Blackboard
Instructional Designing: Articulate, Captivate, Moodle Learning Management System
Web: HTML, Photoshop, XML, Soap UI for web testing
Test Automation: Quick Test Professional (QTP), Selenium Suite, Microsoft TFS
Test Management: HP Quality Centre, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
Software Methodology: Agile, AgileScrum, V Model, Waterfall, Onsite-Offshore Model
- Business Analysis
- Process Reengneering
- Data Analysis
- Relationship Management
- QA Methodologies
- Change Management
- Cross - functional Team Management il and Gas
Confidential, Houston, TX
Test Engineer/Business Analyst
- Coordinated with Project Manager in planning the phases of the entire project in accordance to agile environment.
- Translated Business Requirements and Functional Specifications, Use Cases and User Stories into detailed Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Worked very closely with Project team to break down Product Backlog items into Manual Test Cases and then converting to Automated Test Scripts.
- Reviewed software requirement specification for consistency in quality standard for test preparation.
- Provided timely Project & Testing Status Updates, risks and issues to the Leads & Project Manager.
- Executed test cases and automated scripts for functional testing and regression testing.
- Analyzed test results and performed SQL queries for Data comparison and validation.
- Recommended automation framework changes that best suited the application under test.
- Created Test Strategy, Analyzed functionality and wrote functional test specifications by interacting with the business analysts and business users.
- Supported the business analyst team as and when required to achieve the end result.
- Prioritized work based on risk, value and dependencies.
- Managed multiple priorities and tasks in a work environment with onsite/offshore model.
- Performed a key role in communicating the status and other information required by the IT team.
- Involved in Gap-analysis to understand the future enhancements and implementations in the existing system.
- Created and maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix to keep track of each requirement.
- Obtained exceptional test coverage for the system under test by asking the right questions.
- Used automation tool QTP for testing and Quality center for test management throughout the project.
- Promoted best practices, knowledge and pragmatic solutions in the area of web service testing.
- Successfully conducted Cross browser testing on Internet explorer, Safari, Chrome and Firefox for browser compatibility.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Responsible for handling Change and release management activities of SAP implementation project for 4 US locations.
- Prepared tool kit for tracking Change Workshops at 70+ Confidential locations in Share Point.
- Conducted interviews, workshops and one-on-one meetings with the project SME's to gather and validate requirements.
- Proposed, Designed, and Implemented "Jump start to SAP" Learning Journal and Curricula for Confidential Associates and Leaders.
- Developed and Deployed Change Management Road map Overview for Upper Management
- Revised and Designed surveys for Confidential Employees to capture their feedback and better align the change management tactics.
- Performed feasibility study and risk analysis to identify the critical requirements from the user's perspective.
- Documented the business requirements specification documents for SAP- HR and Order to Cash Module using various process tools and techniques.
- Managed Change Request and Impact analysis process.
- Actively participated in refining existing change models and tools to deliver quality deliverables that meets stake holder needs.
- Successfully contributed organizational development knowledge in improving engagement strategies for Confidential Leaders and upper management
- Prepared Business Process Models and made recommendations for the business by incorporating Confidential business priorities and strategies.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Assistant Lab Manager/Quality Analyst
- Accumulated requirements from various students through surveys, interviews and analyzed the requirements to improve course curricula.
- Conducted Gap Analysis during the review of the compliance items for improved future restructuring of Human Resource Development Program.
- Designed and Developed effective Training Manuals and Participant Guides for Training Certification Program offered by College of Technology.
- Collected and Recorded observational data related to Professional Certification Programs offered in Texas based on current market and trend analysis.
- Provided Instructional Support Services to graduate and undergraduate Professors.
- Managed Instructional Support Services lab.
- Provided online and face-face Statistics tutoring for Graduate and Undergraduate Students Graded Assignments
- Provided timely feedback and suggested revised learning strategy for Undergraduate and Graduate Students.
- Assisted Lab Manager in reviewing resumes and interviewing Lab Assistants.
- Actively supported different events and conferences conducted by Human Development & Consumer Studies Department.
Confidential, San Ramón, California
Technical Business AnalystResponsibilities:
- Responsible for Business Analysis activities for Order to Cash management application development for Confidential Corporation- Downstream business.
- Worked with multiple business stakeholders in a global environment to develop Software Requirement Specifications.
- Gathered Business and Functional Requirements from stakeholders in a virtual environment (offshore).
- Successfully facilitated requirement gathering sessions using various techniques- Interview, Survey, focus group meeting etc
- Experienced in requirement analysis using various process tools- Flow Charts, Swim lane charts, Story board, UML methodology etc.
- Conducted root cause analysis on process inefficiencies and provided timely update on status
- Successfully performed Asp.net web based Performance and Functional Testing.
- Worked with developers and testers to make sure all intent has been taken care in each phase.
- Effectively handled the System testing phase- Defect triaging, Change request management, closing defects by functional validation.
- Performed Functional and GUI Testing to ensure that the user acceptance criteria are met.
- Performed back end database validation using SQL queries.
- Prepared weekly reports, consolidated reports generated by other team members, organized all the information and presented the final reports to the management from time to time.
- Served as a point of contact to handle and share requirements between Business Partners, Development Team, Testing Team, Design Team and Management.
- Involved in Systems Integration Testing (SIT) and facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in co-ordination with the business users.
- Actively involved in prioritizing requirements (vs.) deliverables throughout the SDLC in association with the Business Partners. Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams, using MS VISIO.
- Actively conducted meetings with development team to discuss related issues.
- Consolidated the Project Reports on a weekly basis, conducted status meetings and ensured all the accomplishments and pending activities are kept informed to the Management.