- Over six years of IT experience as Test Analyst in Data Warehousing Testing projects in Banking and Financial services, Media Domain.
- High contribution in all phases of a Data warehouse testing that includes Requirement Gathering, Analysis, Design, Test Data Preparation, Functional Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Excellent understanding of the Data Warehouse principles using Fact Tables, Dimension Tables, Dimensional Data Modelling - Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema.
- Thorough knowledge of Requirement Understanding, Test Strategy, Test Planning, Effort Estimation, Test Design, Test Execution, Defect Tracking, Defect Reporting and preparing Test Summary Reports for ETL and Report Testing.
- Extensive experience in implementation of Data Analysis, Data Cleanup procedures, transformations Scripts, Triggers, Stored Procedures and execution of test plans for loading the data successfully into the targets
- Sound awareness of various ETL and Reporting tools like Informatica, Data Stage, Abinitio, Control-M, Autosys, Microstrategy, OBIEE, Cognos, and Business Objects Crystal Reports.
- Extensive learning of writing complex SQL queries in Oracle 9i, 10g, and DB2, Teradata, SQL Server, Teradata, Unix, shell scripts and creating automated scripts to create test data .
- Worked on Test management tools like HP Quality Center, Clear Quest and defect tracking tools like JIRA and automation tools like QTP and Selenium.
- Substantial experience in Defect Triage process and coordinating the testing activities with the development team.
- Exposure to various SDLC like the waterfall, agile methodologies.
- Engaged in giving to the new team members in the Project and assigning them the tasks to handle.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with initiative and accountability and concise verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Possess real experience in interacting with various stakeholders such as Data Architect, Database Administrators, Business Analysts, Application Developers and Senior Management.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Attending team meetings and regular follow ups with the business analysts to understand the client requirements and maintaining and tracking the requirement clarification log for all the clarifications raised during meetings.
- Verifying the High level (HLD) and low - level design documents (LLD) are as per the business requirements and raise defects with the architecture and design team if any discrepancies creep.
- Involving in preparing Test Plan and Test Estimation and identifying test scenarios, developing useful Test Case documents, generating test queries based on requirement and mapping documents, preparing test data and executing the test cases.
- Verifying Database tables based on the data model document.
- Performing Flat files to initial data load into the database i.e. to the landing layer testing.
- Developing test data that covers all the possible scenarios for the product to function successfully when and where needed.
- Composing complex SQL queries to validate the data populated through SCD II logic.
- Evaluating test case results identified and analyzed the cause of the defects, logged defects in defect tracking tool like HP Quality Center, involving in defect triage calls and tracking the issues to closure.
- Attending status calls for sharing Test Design, Test Execution and Defects status with QA managers and development team.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.6.0, Oracle 11.5/10g, WINSCP, Control-M, Toad, Microstrategy, Teradata, HP Quality Center, JIRA.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Took the lead in all QA activities and enhancements using Agile Methodology.
- As a member of QA testing team was involved in the best implementation of ETL testing practices.
- Created Test Cases in Quality Center and RTM and ensure the traceability Requirements to Test Cases in Req Pro
- Tested Informatica Mappings and worked with Staging area to validate the data with SQL queries
- Attending Daily Stand - up meetings, as part of the sprint meetings, for the QA Integration Team
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed compared using QC for problem resolution.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.6.0, DB2, WINSCP, Toad, Microstrategy, HP Quality Center.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
QA Analyst/ ETL Tester
- Tested various Reusable ETL Transformations which facilitate Daily, Weekly & Monthly Loading of Data.
- Tested the performance bottlenecks at sources, targets, mappings, and sessions and employed required measures.
- Extensively worked on Mapping Variables, Mapping Parameters, Workflow Variables and Session Parameters to extract only the additional data added during that period.
- Used Data Driven Testing methodology to test the application with multiple sets of data.
- Completed the UAT and got sign off from the client.
Environment: Abnitio, Windows 7, 2003, UNIX, Oracle 10g, Teradata, SQL Server 2008, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Visio, WINSCP, Toad, HP Quality Center.
- Interpreting the data model in different layers like Landing, Integration, and Semantic and performed ETL Testing between the various layers (Source and Landing/Staging, Landing and Integration, Integration and Semantic layer) to ensure Source data are extracted, transformed and loaded as per defined rules.
- Generating test scripts, test data and test cases based on the rules written in the Data Mapping and Business requirement documents.
- Loading data from files to database tables using SQL Loader.
- Involving in defect reporting, retesting and tracking the defects to closure in Clear Quest.
Environment: TOAD, Clear Quest 7.1, Data stage 8.1.0, Oracle 10g, Windows XP.