- MBA with 14 years of experience in corporate industry with over 10 years of experience in the field of Software Quality Assurance.
- Extensive experience in following QA methodologies, preparing Test Plans, writing Test Cases and executing them;
- Perform Defect Reporting and Tracking through the entire defect life cycle.
- Proficient in manual and automated testing of Web - based and Client Server applications.
- Proactive and analytical problem solver with strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills; also has good client interaction and team skills.
- Ability to achieve targets and deliver results in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent working experience for Release Management and Production Support/Deployment
- Have hands on Experience working as a QA Tester/Sr. QA Tester/analyst, QA Lead and QA Test manager (Managing Multiple applications)
- Participation as well as handling QA Team meetings, Project Meetings and Change Management Meetings.
- Hands on Experience and knowledge in working with business requirements, business rules, functional specification documents and other relevant documentation for UAT/QA planning, design, and execution
- Presenting the QA Process Improvement plan to the Project Management Team.
- Excellent Documentation and Organization skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) beginning from initiation and definition to deployment and support
- Proficient in analyzing Business/ System Requirements documents and Use Cases
- Expertise in preparing detailed Test Plan specifying the system’s inputs, outputs, limitations, entry and exit criteria etc.
- Strong leadership to collaborate, manage and influence multiple matrixed stakeholder groups across Global Testing, Development, PMO, External Vendors and Business Partners
- Writing and executing test cases, reporting and tracking defects and Modification Requests
- Expertise in analyzing requirement specifications and developing test plans, test cases, test scripts and planning based on QA methodologies
- Well versed in conducting different kinds of tests such as functionality, limit, positive, negative, smoke, integration, user acceptance, storage, performance, load, security, installation etc.
- Highly sought after as a liaison between developers, business analysts, clients, implementation and QA teams
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP, UNIX
Languages: C, C++, SQL, Visual Basic, HTML, XML, ASP. Net, VB.Net
Scripts SQA: Basic, TSL, Shell, Perl, Java script and VB script
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, UNIX, and Windows 95/98/NT/2000
Testing Tools: Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, LoadRunner, TestDirector
Database: Oracle, SQL Server and Sybase
Tracking Tools: Test Director, Quality Center, Rational ClearQuest, PVCS Tracker
QA Test Team Lead/Test Manager
- Responsible for all work from a QA standpoint including Test Strategy & Plan delivery and sign-off, thgouth to test planning, development and execution of test cases.
- Responsible for Cost estimation, planning, risk assessment, contingency planning, tracking and management of progress, issues, risk and resources.
- Liaise with project team testing resources to conduct analysis, design and development of test strategy and plan documents for projects.
- Responsible for Test Management and Defect management (QC).
- Responsible for SIT, BAT(UAT) and PAT Execution
- Undertake execution of test strategies and plans through active test management in all test phases
- Ensure all sign offs on deliverables (overall test strategy, test plan, test cases, etc.) and that testing meets governance requirements
- Responsible for coordinating QA, BA, Business and Technical team for timely project delivery.
- Review and provide feedback on QA Artifacts.
- Responsible for delievering project within scope and schedule.
- Responsible for guiding team members writing test cases, preparing status report etc.
- Responsible for providing technical and QA process direction to the team.
- Responsible for providing project level updates to senior management.
- Prioritize testing tasks based on goals and risks of projects and ensure testing milestones, activities and tasks are completed as scheduled
- Responsible for Project Time estimate from SIT, BAT, PAT to deployment.
- Collaborate with Development Vendors, other IT groups and lines of business who comprise the project team to ensure that assigned project releases are fully tested, stable and defect free
- Responsible for Traceability Matrix and other reporting matrixes.
- Perform other tasks as assigned or emerges on daily basis.
- Obtained detailed understanding of business requirements and design specifications to effectively develop test plans and manage testing/implementation risks
- Obtained in-depth understanding of “critical path” development efforts, test cases and test scripts to effectively assess project risks
- Created E2E testing strategy and process for the multiple applications.
- Analyzed performance against key SDLC deliverables and testing results as a means to effectively access and communicate risks to project team and senior management
- Participated in all release planning and relevant internal testing meetings to ensure critical SDLC deliverables, testing deliverables and project risks are proactively managed and communicated to key stakeholders
- Identified and implemented methods to improve the project testing effort.
- Wrote UAT Test Plan, Testing strategy, timeline document and reporting templates.
- Trained Users about UAT
- Responsible for writing high level business scenarios with Business users from different teams as well as detailed test scripts for End to End testing as required.
- Worked closely with Development, SIT and Business users in designing test cases which offer 100% business requirement coverage.
- Responsible for setting test data definition and selecting test data for onsite and Offshore teams (Regions likes EMEA (London), APR (Singapore), LaTAM (Montevideo).
- Coordinated with SIT team for batch processing and Process management.
- Responsible for Traceability Matrices and reporting to upper management/Stakeholders.
- Responsible for creating Entrance and exit criteria for UAT.
- Coordinated with different teams for data selection, process improvement, and creating test scenarios, testing Functional and non functional aspect of application under test.
- Responsible for Defect management.
- Ensured all testing (End to End, Functional, Regression, Production testing) measures of success were achieved
- Analyzed and controlled changes to project scope that arose as a result of the testing effort or in Production.
- Oversaw work of Test Analyst to ensure that test scripts were completed in a timely manner, accurate reporting occurs, and any issues were escalated to lead PM.
- Acted as a point of contact for all testing deliverables and provided clarifications to testing requirements to LOB.
- Facilitated meetings with business and IT resources to gain consensus on testing issues, how those issues relate to original requirements and ensure that any new or modified requirements are captured and escalated to lead PM
- Leaded defect triage meetings, prioritization of defects, and ensured test scripts were refined to test any defects during the testing phases
- Ongoing monitoring of Quality Center to ensure that open defects are assigned to appropriate resources and defects are corrected and retested in a timely manner
- Assisted International teams for any Production/Functional issues.
- Performed other tasks as needed.
- Reviewed the Business and functional requirement documents and check for irregularities.
- Tracked program bugs and new features to verify compliance with program requirements
- Mentor and guide other testers in how to handle difficult testing scenarios and help them understand the technical details
- Analyzed user requirements and documented test requirements using HP’s Quality Center requirement module
- Close interaction with designers and software developers to understand application functionality and navigational flow
- Interacted with QA and Development engineers to learn about work flow, analyzed the test process, helped develop strategies for testing products and services in an Agile environment
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios for Integration Testing as documented in the test plan
- Created test plans, test cases and testing strategy for the planning and execution of test scripts
- Wrote test condition, test cases, test plan documents for each component tested and certified by Data Consolidation Quality Center
- Performed GUI, Functional, Smoke and Regression testing of AUT
- Performed the Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries on the database
- Prioritized and reported defects using Quality Center and generated documents and reports for further analysis
- Tracked defects and bring them to closure, Code deployments in QA environment and Co-ordinate Production Releases
- Analyzed Defect Reports using Quality Center and worked closely with Application Developers to fix defects
- Conducted User Acceptance testing (UAT) to validate the application, to check that the application properly reflects business functions and requirements
- Defined a number of test cases using quality data to validate end-to-end business processes during the UAT.
- Verified the performance on business critical functions in UAT
- Tracked, Managed and documented issues during UAT
- Lead and managed the testing effort for the AUT and delivered a bug-free product against an aggressive timeline
- Developed QA Test Plan from technical specifications and requirements for this project.
- Facilitated meetings between Business and Test team to get TestPlan approvals, resolve issues etc.
- Guided a team of three testers for completing the testing phase of the projects.
- Created project users and created project fields using Quality Center
- Used Quality Center for defect management- adding defect, tracing changes and sending defect e-mail messages.
- Tracked changes made to the requirements, tests and defects using Quality Center
- Created Test Cases and Test Scripts for different application modules
- Executed test cases manually to check GUI and Functional features of the AUT, compared and analyzed actual with expected results and reported all deviations to the appropriate individual(s) for resolution using Quality Center / TestDirector
- Created Data Driven Tests to validate the same scenario with different test data.
- Extensively used SQL queries to test the database for Back-end Testing.
- Close interaction with designers and software developers to understand application functionality and navigational flow
- Analyzed business requirements and functional design documents to prepare master test plan to define objective, scope and strategy of the project.
- Followed the Software Development Life Cycle in all stages of the project
- Created the strategy document that defines the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required conducting the effort
- Configured Quality Center / TestDirector to automatically notify members via e-mail each time changes are made to specified defect fields.
- Used Quality Center to create a report in Microsoft Word document containing a project’s requirements, planning, test list, test execution, and defect tracking data.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios for Functional Testing as documented in the test plan.
- Created data driven tests using actual user data such as Login, rmation etc
- Performed defect reporting and Tracking using Quality Center
Confidential, Roseland, NJ
Sr. QA Analyst
- Analyzed the business requirements and wrote Test Strategy and Test Plan.
- Was involved in the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Studied Functional specifications and requirement documents to categorize the units in Testing.
- Created test Cases as per the business requirements and executed them in Quality Center.
- Converted the manual Test Scripts into automated test Scripts using QTP tool based on User Requirement Document and System Requirement documents for UAT, Load testing.
- Performed regression testing on the new builds using QTP.
- Performed Manual and Black Box testing
- Interacted with programmers to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Involved in Version control and configuration management.
- Extensively worked on Test director for bug reporting/tracking.
Confidential, New York
- Creating Test cases, Test scripts as per the requirement documents for OMS and Coordinating Close interaction with designers and software developers to understand application functionality and navigational flow.
- Analyzed system requirements, developed & executed detailed Test plan, Test cases, Test scripts for testing the functionality, GUI, security, and usability of the Join Process, Ordering Process and Member Area, which includes Member’s rmation, and Processing Order Information.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios for functional testing as documented in the test plan.
- Executed test cases manually. Compared and analyzed actual with expected results and reported all deviations to the appropriate individual(s) for resolution.
- Documented, and tracked test plans, test results, test analysis, and reported the defects.
- Reviewed computer logs and reports to identify application processing errors and possible improvements.
- Involved in compatibility testing with other software programs, hardware, operating systems and network environments.
- Performed the Back-End integration testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries on the Oracle database.
- Conducted Interface and Regression Testing manually, during the various phases of the development.
- Used Test Director Defect tracking tool to report application defects and enhancements request and discussed with developers to resolve technical issues.