- Over 8 years of IT experience in Software Quality Assurance and Testing
- Experienced in Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies, SDLC, testing methodologies, QA strategies, processes and tools
- Expertise in gathering business requirements and creating Test Plans and Test Scenarios
- Experience in manual and automated testing using tools such as QTP and IBM Rational Performance Tester
- Expert in defect management including logging and tracking defects and reports.
- Strong background in system, integration, UAT, smoke/sanity and regression testing based on the design document and user requirement document for the functional, security, and performance testing.
- Interaction with Developers during code reviews to ensure conformity to group standards.
- Great team player with good communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in creation, execution and analysis of test harness - Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases/Test Scripts (Functional and Non-Functional), Test Scenarios and isolating bottlenecks in the concerned applications
- Experience in writing SQL queries to validate the data in different databases such as Oracle, MS Access and SQL server
- CompTIA Security + and Microsoft Operation Foundation Framework 4.0 certifications
- Proficient in ITIL, BMC Remedy. ITSM, Tableau, Incident Management, 508 Compliance, SharePoint, TFS, SQL, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Office
- Well versed in using tools such as Jira and HP Quality Center, and IBM Rational Requirement Manager
- Working knowledge of RPT, Silk, Silk Performer, JAWS, QTP, and Load Test
Senior Software QA Engineer
- Increased testing efficiency by establishing new documentation standards
- Reduced turnaround time for defect fixes by facilitating and conducting defect remediation meetings on a daily basis
- Travelled overseas to gather existing framework for testing and implemented those standards for US testing
- Actively participated in requirement gathering meetings
- Automated and manual testing of Liferay portal and BMC Remedy
- Briefed clients on testing activities at weekly official project meetings
- Performed Load and 508 compliance testing in different environments
- Created test plans, test cases, execute test cases and tracked defects
- Estimated project timelines and actively participated in product demo to prospects
- Engaged in setting up testing tools, Rational Performance Tester, Silk and Silk Performer in various test environments
- Coordinated trainings and meetings with resources from various departments onshore and offshore
Senior Software Quality Engineer
- Participated in all phases of SDLC from project imitation meeting to the final delivery of the product
- Successfully led multiple medium sized projects
- Contributed to requirement and scrum meetings on a regular basis
- Gathered Business requirements from IBM Rational and wrote detailed test plans , entered detailed test cases and defects in HP Quality Center
- Created daily reports and reported directly to the QA Director
- Effectively communicated with Business Engineers, Project Managers, Developers, Database Administrators and Network team about defect remediation
- Coordinated testing with other departments, third party vendors and offshore testing team
- Analyzed production data for discrepancies and reported them to development team for immediate fixes
- Validated reports for Accounting errors using Tableau and PeopleSoft and reported the results to the Accounting team
Software Quality Engineer
- Involved in all phases of SDLC from project initiation to the final delivery of the product. The project was built on web services platform and tested using HP Service Test 11.0 and SoapUi
- Wrote scripts to test web services using HP Service Test and SoapUi
- Attended planning meetings to gather the Business Requirements documents and provided project estimates
- Documented detailed test cases in HP Quality Center according to the requirements
- Performed Functional, System, and Regression Testing based on requirements.
- Performed backend testing through SQL queries to validate the database is updated as per the requirements.
- Logged the defects in the HP Quality Center and JIRA and tracked the defects back to the test cases and the requirements.
- Prepared weekly and monthly reports on defects and conducted defect meetings with the development team
- Successfully led multiple projects
- Attended walkthroughs for the Business Requirements documents and prepared ambiguity documents for inconsistencies
- Conducted the test plan and test objectives walkthrough with development team and the Business Analysts. Interacted with different teams including the development team, business analyst and other QA teams to resolve issues
- Created test plans and test cases based on requirements gathered
- Initially conducted smoke/sanity test on the application
- Executed and maintained manual test cases. Performed Functional, System, and Regression Testing
- Performed backend testing through SQL queries to validate the database is updated as per the requirements
- Performed data driven testing using Data table in QTP and verified that the application was working properly with different data
- Logged the defects in the HP Quality Center and tracked the defects back to the test cases and the requirements. Prepared weekly reports on defects and conducted defect meetings with the development team
- Conducted the test plan and test objectives walkthrough with development team and the Business Analysts. Interacted with different teams including the development team, business analyst and other QA teams to resolve issues.