- Seasoned IT professional with over 20 years of experience in Information Systems applications.
- Business Analyst on several large mainframe COBOL applications successfully migrated to DataStage and/or Business Objects platform.
- Used Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, and Project for project documentation.
- Conducted meetings with business owners to understand the business needs, documented requirements and specifications, and designed high level system flows.
- Insured other team members completed their tasks and monitored project deliverables.
- Performed research to assist in project scope development, requirements definition, and proposed changes when necessary.
- Created test plans, testing criteria, user acceptance cases, and deployment to production plans.
- Single Point of Contact for the Business Objects XI application - defect tracking, customer inquiry, deployment approvals and scheduling, facilitate weekly development team meetings, enhancement tracking, weekly statistics and status
- Liaison between business community and onshore and offshore development team
- Business Analyst on large and small projects which completed on-time and on-budget
- Development Services department lead creating process documents and department documentation.
- Software Development Life Cycle: Project Initiation Documents, Business Requirements Documents, Systems Design Specifications, User Acceptance Criteria/Test Case Scenarios, Change Control Documents, Program Specifications, Implementation Plans
- Modified application to reduce execution time from over 12 hours to under 20 minutes
- Third party software installation and integration
Confidential, Warwick, RI
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Self taught tools used for quality assurance validation - WinSCP, PuTTY, Bash, HeidiSCP, VMware, Snagit, and ExamDiff.
- Self taught proprietary application.
- Attended daily Scrums and completed several Sprints
Confidential, Providence, RI
Software Development Advisor
- Business Analyst on numerous large and medium applications covering the full spectrum of the life cycle development process: gathering and documenting business requirements; designing system flows; Business Object XI report specifications; user testing acceptance criteria; data mapping; test scenario cases; writing implementation plans; and change control process when requirements changed.
- Data mapping; database designs; and Business Object XI application point of contact for business owners and on-shore and offshore technical staff;
Confidential, Providence RI
Application Development Specialist
- Create and/or modify applications based upon customer requirements; resolve application incidents; create, code, and unit test small to large work efforts
- Business Analyst on small to large work efforts; peer SDLC document review and approval; development services department procedures creation; SQL review.
Confidential, Providence RI
- Code COBOL program from specs; write COBOL program specifications; design and write program specifications for small and medium applications review test results with business help deploy to production environment.