- 14 years of professional experience in Quality Assurance and Testing, delivering highest quality products across multiple release cycles including 7+ years of healthcare industry experience.
- Experience managing onshore and offshore teams.
- Hands on Manager with extensive knowledge of various Project Management life Cycle and Software Development Life Cycle such as Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Expert in coordinating and driving meeting between business and IT teams to ensure testing defects and/or issues are quickly resolved, in a politically savvy environment.
- Expert in prioritizing, scheduling, coordinating, multi - tasking and tracking multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong supervisory skills-Leadership, Team Management/Building, Managing Multiple Priorities, Performance Management, Staff/Career Development, Meeting Management
- Expertise in automated tools like Win Runner, Load Runner, Quality Center and Quick Test Pro.
- Quick learner and take ownership of responsibilities. Self-motivated and capable of working in a dynamic environment.
- Deep expertise in tests design, tests development and test execution.
- Experienced in execution of Black Box, White Box Testing, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, User acceptance testing and Beta Testing.
- Excellent Project management Skills- project estimating and scheduling, risk assessment and mitigation, problem solving, personnel supervision, change management and project integration.
- Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow talented programmatic and user-level personnel.
Operating Systems: MSDOS, Unix, Windows 95/98, Windows NT 4.0, Windows XP
Languages: C++, C, Visual Basic, SQL, PL/SQL, TSL
Databases: Oracle, MS Access
Tools: HP ALM, Rally, Win Runner, Load Runner, Quality Center, Quick Test Pro (QTP)and Rational Suite, MS Project, SQL, 7-Edit.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Manager- Software Test Engineering-IT
- Defined overall Test strategies, Capacity/ Resource planning, Test coverage approaches for Customer Satisfaction, improving the QA process.
- Managed overall QA budget , resource allocation to various projects.
- Managed Quality metrics for management team presentations.
- Managed a team 30-onshore/offshore resources over multiple scrum teams delivering highest quality products.
- Established an automation team to work automating regression suite, resulting in increase in the overall quality of the application and productivity of QA teams.
- Implemented Agile across all QA teams, and worked on agile methodology which resulted in increased productivity of QA team. Provide continuous direction to QA team in all activities including Test planning, project timeline, prioritizing and reporting metrics.
- Managed multiple concurrent software QA projects using Agile SDLC, both in-house and off shore, creating and maintaining schedules, allocating resources and balancing priorities across multiple projects and products.
- Proactively worked with the project/technical teams to manage all defects found during the Testing phase.
- Designed a release management process including emergency fix schedules.
- Designed an executive tracking dashboard with detailed quality metrics including scope coverage, failure rate and defect trends.
- Lead functional / regression and UAT testing in the absence of QA Lead as a backup.
- Managed the setup and maintenance of test environments for various releases.
- Delegated work on daily basis, reviewed task progress .
- Managed critical consolidation projects that resulted in higher revenue to the company.
- Provided strong sales support to multiple clients that resulted in sales of million dollars.
Environment: HTML, Java, ORACLE 10G, HP ALM, QTP, Rally, Selenium, JMeter and Windows NT, XML, SQL, MS Project, Salesforce.
Confidential, Addison, TX
QA Manager /Project Manager
- Developed testing strategies for the QA team.
- Managed team size up to 27 people over multiple releases delivering highest quality products.
- Hands on QA manager with varied experience managing several projects as a Project Manager.
- Extensively used Quality Center (QC) for Test Planning, Test Execution, Defect tracking and Test Evaluation.
- Promoted the use of test automation among other teams and mentored on- and off-site QA teams resulting in reduction of QA team work force.
- Managed high profile Government mandate projects.
- SME(subject matter expert) for LIS, managed the ICD9, ICD10 framework functional testing, Integration testing, including the UAT activities.
- Managed SIT, integration testing project with Nichols (SJC) over a matrix organizational structure.
- Responsible for Functional handoffs. Involved in gathering functional requirements with Business Analysts and design discussions with the Development team.
- Worked with development and product teams to negotiate defect prioritization to implement high quality technical solutions.
- Worked as primary liaison with Business, QA, Development teams and Vendors for major releases, patches and hot fixes leading to successful deployments.
- Managed metrics for daily/weekly progress, reporting, defect tracking and resolution.
- Generated graphs using Quality Center and communicated the testing metrics to leadership team on a timely basis.
- Managed planned deployments and unplanned changes to the production environment.
Environment: HTML, Java, ORACLE 10G, HP Quality Center 9.2, HP QTP 11.0 and Windows NT, XML, 7 Edit, Cognos, Centricity, SQL, Accurev, Dragon, MS Project.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
Senior IT Test Engineer/QA Lead
- Performed installation testing for various builds of CDMA and EVDO.
- Mentored and led QA team on best practices of STLC.
- Verified that the data is correctly processed in CDMA and EVDO by comparing with the results of network log files using SQL queries.
- Used SQL Query Analyzer to tune queries for different log files.
- Automated regression testing suite.
- Documented and executed test cases for manual testing and automation testing.
- Lead the effort estimation and prioritization of work assignments.
- Performed GUI testing and database testing.
- Communicated with various teams (development/BA/testing/ PMO) escalating high priority issues on timely basis.
Environment: CDMA, EFO, EVDO RFO, Windows NT/XP, ASP.NET, SQL Server 2000, Clarify, Microsoft Visual Safe Source, Win Runner 7.5, QTP 8.0.
- Developed Test plans and conducted Unit Testing based on quality assurance guidelines.
- Developed TSL utilities to execute SQL queries in the Oracle database.
- Extensively used Test director for managing the entire testing process.
- Developed automation for functional and regression testing.
- Reported bugs and defects found during the testing using Test Director.
- Involved in White Box testing for the various front end and backend applications.
- Performed load testing using LOADRUNNER, used VU Generator for generating Scripts, added transactions for measuring performance, created sessions using Controller for running the scripts under different load conditions.
Environment: Windows NT/XP, HTML, ASP, VB, MS SQL, XML, Internet Explorer 5.0, PERL API, WinRunner 7.01/7.5,Test Director 7.2, Load Runner 7.01.
- Worked as a Programmer Analyst on a web-based pre trade clearance application.
- Designed Use case Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Interaction Diagrams and Component Diagrams.
- Involved in Design, development and support of the software code for the product.
- Worked with customer and development team for reviewing requirement specifications.
- Generated graphs and charts with the real time data using Crystal reports.
- Developed data access modules from SQL Server using ADO.
- Used source code version management using Visual Source Safe.
Environment: Visual Basic, SQL Server, NT, HTML, ASP, VBScript, SQL, VSS and Crystal Reports.