Languages: Python, Shell scripting, PL - SQL, VB Scripting
Database: MS SQL, Oracle
Network protocols: DHCP, Confidential, HTTP, SNMP, SMTP, TCP, UDP, OSPF, RSTP
Methodologies: Agile Scrum, SDLC
Tools: MS Excel, Microsoft Visual Studio, AWS, Eclipse, HP ALM/QC, HP QTP/UFT, JIRA
Platforms: Windows, Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu), MAC OSX
Software QA Engineer
- Devised test planning, test case development, execution and closure to test the performance of the organizational discussion forum using HP QTP and VB Scripting improving performance by 30%.
- Achieved weekly targets consecutively by filing over 30 bugs using Quality Centre that improved quality of SAP application.
- Built the test workflow to expand the testing coverage of the functions to increase the user base by 20%.
- Collaborated database, regression, automation, user acceptance and production deployment testing with multiple stake holders which extensively improved application quality by 15%.
- Mentored new team members on the testing procedures, system architecture and created detailed reports for knowledge transfer.
- Designed a secure chat application for message exchange between two or more clients using UDP sockets.
- Implemented Confidential key generator and Needham Schroeder algorithm to secure the application from identity thefts.
- Identified the architectural flaws and vulnerability of the designs in the chat application developed by other teams.
ConfidentialSoftware QA Engineer
- Developed a bash script that configured the interfaces, Confidential and Confidential parameters and simultaneously created log files which can be used for troubleshooting purposes.
- Employed awk, sed, cut, grep commands to bring about optimization of the script.
- Led a four-person team to install, configure, integrate and test Confidential, DHCP, Apache Web Server, VPN and Firewall.
- Explored BIND9 package to install and configure master-slave, forward-reverse zones in a Confidential server.
- Configured a DHCP server for assignment of IP addresses using isc-dhcp-server utility.
- Developed a sophisticated and secure networking strategy for inter-continental organization using multi-area OSPF over Frame Relay network (for faster data access).
- Built a router on a stick architecture and IP address allocation using VLSM for route summarization.
- Secured the network from MAC flooding attacks, MAC Spoofing using port security and restricted unauthorized access using Confidential .
- Implemented HSRP and PVST protocols to achieve redundancy in the network and prevent looping.
- Implemented a TCP socket interface over a connection server to solve hundreds of mathematical expressions.
- Configured wrapping of socket using SSL/TLS for secure communication between TCP client-server to send various HTTP messages like GET, POST etc.