- Skilled, Result Oriented QA professional with around 5 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance. Wide knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle & its methodologies, with emphasis on Quality Assurance testing in Web Based and Client/Server Applications.
- Proficient in Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) including Test Strategy Preparation, Test Plan Development, Test Case Creation, Test Execution and Bug Tracking.
- Well versed with different phases of Software Testing and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Agile Methodology and Waterfall.
- Expertise in designing and developing Test Strategies, Test plans, Test Cases, and Test Reports for Manual test & Automation Testing.
- Strong experience in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Profiling, Data Verification, Data Loading & Volume Testing .
- Proven expertise in working on different types of test deliverables - Test Plan,Test Cases, Testing Strategy, Test scripts, Test data, Test Traceability matrix, Test reports, Test summary reports, Install/Configuration guides, Defect Reports, Release notes for Web based commerce applications, CMS applications and Banking applications.
- Proficient at BlackBox Testing- GUI Testing, Functionality Testing, Integration Testing, Usability Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Ad-Hoc, End to End testing, System Testing.
- Hands on Experience in Agile process planning, creating and managing the backlog items, participate in scrum meetings, various team meeting & Release Meetings.
- Solid SQL skills, created complex SQL queries, functions, triggers and stored procedures for Backend testing and End to End testing.
- Worked closely with Key stake holders at different phases of project cycle to ensure project requirements and specifications implementation.
- Vast experience in performing Boundary Values Analysis, Equivalent Classes partitioning, Smoke (Sanity), Functional, Integration, System, Regression, Ad-hoc (Exploratory), Cross-Browser, User Interface and User Acceptance tests, Web based testing, Security testing and Performance testing. Proficient in multiplatform (Windows and Mac OS) and cross browser testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera) as well as Mobile testing on different devices (Android, IOS, Windows Phone)
- Specialized in analyzing functional specifications and writing Test Plans, Test cases, executing test cases, generating defect reports in Test Director, Quality Center (QC), JIRA, ALM
- Extensively used Quick Test Professional methods to create & manage Automated Test Scripts, Reusable Actions, and Functions.
- Developed test scripts for GUI, Functionality and Regression testing using QTP.
- Performed Data Driven Test (DDT) with Quick Test Professional (QTP) to test the application for different sets of data & hence performed Volume Testing
- Handled Run Time Errors by creating Recovery Scenarios, Loops, Synchronization Points in QTP
- Extensive experience in Defect Reporting and Defect tracking process using Quality Center (QC), BugZilla and Rational Clear Quest.
- Tested application with Java on Selenium IDE and creating Scripts in Selenium RC by using Java
- Experience in working with open source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver), JUNIT, Eclipse and preparation of automation test framework.
- Highly Motivated, Detail oriented, Versatile & able to work independently or as part of a team with Good analytical and problem solving skills, quickly adapt to new environments and technologies.
Functional Testing Tools: HP Quick Test Pro, HP UFT, WinRunner
Performance Testing Tools: LOAD RUNNER, JMETER
Web Services Testing Tools: SOAP UI, REST HP UFT
Test Management Tools: HP ALM, HP QUALITY CENTER, JIRA
Defect Management Tools: Bugzilla, Quality Center (QC), JIRA, Rational Clear quest
Configuration Management Tools: VSS, CVN, Rational Clearcase
Query Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, MySql
Scripting Languages: VBScript, UNIX Shell Script, JAVA Script
Programming Languages: C, JAVA, HTML, PL/SQL
Databases: Oracle 11g, SQL Server
Productivity Tools: Microsoft Office, TOAD, SnagIT
Operating Systems: Windows 2010/XP/Vista/7, Linux, Mac OS
SOFTWARE QA TESTER
- Validated the data entry and the verification process as per requirements
- Verified the coupon search functionality.
- Ensured that the Coupon Id is passed along to the accounting applications after the account is opened.
- Fully involved in analyzing Business Requirement Documents and writing Test Plan.
- Analyzed the Test plan, which detailed the testing scope, strategy, test requirements.
- Developed Test Cases to cover overall quality assurance testing.
- Involved in Automation testing using Test Director to develop test cases, test scripts, executing the scripts and logging the defects.
- Generated automation scripts for regression testing using QTP automation tool.
- Created various checkpoints like GUI checkpoint, Database checkpoint and Bitmap checkpoints to test the functionality of the application.
- Extensively used QTP for testing the performance of the application and response time on the website.
- Created data and tested the functionality using QTP with data driven tests and analyzed the results.
- Involved in Functional, Regression, Performance and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Access Online applications.
- Extensively used SQL scripts/queries for data verification at the backend.
- Involved in Load and stress testing using Load Runner.
- Participated in requirement and design walkthroughs.
- Provided a weekly project report that includes Test Metrics and status reports.
- Participated in meetings with developers to discuss enhancements and modifications.
Environment: Quick Test Professional, Quality Center, HTML, .NET, SQL, UNIX, VB Scripts, LOAD RUNNER
SOFTWARE QA TESTER
- Involved in the testing of data collection functionality in the UI so that only permissible forms of identification are allowed for the appropriate citizenship type
- Collected all data related to the identification type.
- Ensured to prevent the mismatching of data values when the identification types are changed.
- Attended Review meetings to discuss Use-Cases, Business Rules, message rules, alternate flows and exceptions paths.
- Developed Use Case driven test scripts using Mercury’s Quality Center.
- Involved in identifying the test cases that are affecting the basic and major functionality of the application in order to Smoke Test the application.
- Extensively used Quality center to manage and execute test scripts.
- Interacted with the project team to assign priority to Projects based on dependency and criticality.
- Created automated VB scripts using QTP.
- Written SQL queries using TOAD to unit test and developed code base.
- Assisted in documenting screen mock-ups in HTML and designing of applications.
- Extensively used SQL commands to test the work flow of data in the database.
- Involved in review meetings with BA and team lead for changes in the specifications and summary of the project.
- Entered Defects in Test Director/QC and followed up on the bugs logged with developer and retested test cases.
Environment: .Net, Oracle10g, UNIX, Windows 2007,VB Script, XML, SOAP, Quick Test Pro, Mercury Quality Center, Test Director, Internet Explorer
- This project is about upgrading an Educational Services application.
- It involved upgrading operating system, .Net framework and database and making this web site mobile compliant.
- I was part of a team that validated every aspect of this application.
- Validation included verifying presentation, content and navigation of the application.
- Testing included verifying the web page from different browser including mobile browsers.