- Experienced in Web based Client/Server applications with knowledge of testing and development lifecycle.
- Seeking a responsible position as a tester in a renowned and fast paced working environment
- Experienced in all stages of SELC Agile Software Development Life Cycle and Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Exporting understanding Testing Stages/Levels/Phases, Testing Types, and Testing Techniques.
- Participated in complete Testing Lifecycle, Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Execution, and Defect Report.
- Extensive experienced in manual and automated testing for Web Based and Client/Server applications on several platforms.
- Performed Smoke Testing after every deployment to make sure the application delivered is testable.
- Attended review sessions to understand the Business Requirements/Functional Specifications and reviewed the documents to understand the client business logic.
- Developed and executed SQL Queries to verify the database updates, inserts and delete of the records, To extract data from target tables and validate reports
- Experienced in analyzing Business Requirement and Technical Specification documents.
- Performed back - end testing by executing SQL queries over various database products on Window platform.
- Worked well in diverse teams to achieve goals through effective communication and interpersonal
Languages: HTML, XML, JAVA Scripts, SQL
OS: Microsoft Windows 7/3.1/95/98/NT/2000/XP, Unix, Mainframe, AS400, OpenVMS
Databases: ITDL database, Oracle 8/9i/10g, DB2 Version 7 z/390, MS SQL Server
Tools: Mercury Quick Test Professional (QTP), Quality Ceter, Rational Clear Quest, Autosys, MS Office
Servers: Autosys, eDocs, Exstream, Mail stream, CSB, Loan LQP, Confidential TRACS, Group1, Microsoft Internet Information Server, Sun Application Server 9.1(Glassfish), Internet/Intranet Client Server, Alfresco Server, PVCS Tracker and Version Manager. 8 years of manual testing experience
- Interacted with developers, business & end users.
- Interacted with programmers to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Participated in walkthrough and defect report meetings periodically.
- Using Use Cases written test cases in Quality Center
- Involved in performing Functional, Integration, System, and Regression Testing.
- Understand the Functional Specification and Design documents.
- Created and executed manual test cases using Quality Center. Documented the test cases and created the requirement traceability matrix to demonstrate the test coverage
- Developed and executed Test Cases and Test Scripts for Functionality and Regression testing.
- Developed and documented Standard Testing Procedures for both Manual and Automated Testing.
- Involved in testing the new functionalities based on test cases and coordinated with development team in fixing the issues.
- Established Traceability between the Requirements and the Tests in Traceability Matrix using in Quality Center.
- Implemented Agile (Scrum) QA methodologies.
- Performed functional testing, integration testing, system testing, performance testing, stress testing and load testing.
- Extensive experience in using Mercury Quality Center (Test Planning, Test Lab and Defect Tracking).
- Monitored frequent deliveries of Agile Release Planning Review (RPR) and Release Readiness Review (RRR).
- Prepared Entry Criteria email (Documents based on the POP), document assessment request email, reminder email, Meeting Invitation (Agenda), Meeting materials and facilitation package folders. Entry criteria status, published CDA with defects, send out Approval for approvals to the signatories.
- Collected and finalized signatures from the signatories for the Approval (AC) and uploaded in the ITDL directory.
- Reviewed and provided comment on Sprint artifacts as they are posted to the Share Point Site.
- Prepared all the necessary Agile and SELC templates required for the meetings.
- Used Version Manager and Tracker tool to navigate the SCR’s and generated the reports for the teams.
- Responsible for daily SELC document (SDD, FRD, RTM, DTP, DTAR) assessment for the releases. Assessed Agile SELC documents (TPA, CAC, POP, DOD, TEMP & SP) and tracked the defects using Consolidated Document Assessment (CDA) tool. Tracked and closed action items.
- Attended weekly status meetings.
QA Test Engineer
- Evaluated Business and Systems Requirement documents.
- Generated the RTM using RFP and the features using the companies proposal.
- Contributed in regular status meetings to state any bugs, problems and risks.
- Participated in implementing test-plans and test-cases built on high-leveled and detailed design. Broadly done manual testing and the functional testing
- Responsible for generating the mailing labels for the beneficiaries.
- Loaded all the data using SQL Loader in the table. Edited all the flat files for the errors.
- Reviewed the log file from the SQL Loader and verified if all the records get loaded.
- Verified the data load in the database oracle SQL developer.
- Executed the query and extracted records. Reformatted them according to the SSA specifications.
- Reformatted data in alfresco server for the client to view.
- Tested web based applications.
- Responsible to writing test plans, define test cases, created and executed test scripts for the Web and Client/Server applications and uploaded them in the Mercury Quality Center.
- Responsible for batch testing which perform extract, transform and load (ETL) of data from files submitted via website to the Oracle database.
- Also verified if the data is storing correctly in the database.
- Performed Functional Testing, smoke, regression, end-to-end, Integration and load testing.
- Executed batch and online testing.
- Responsible to coordinate User Acceptance testing (UAT) and communication with Confidential end users.
- Used Confidential and SSA Web based applications to pull up the data.
- Experience in black box and backend testing.
- Provided documentation and followed test procedures in conformance with Confidential level 3 standards and the SDLC process.
- Monitored and reported to management the testing progress, issues and results.
- Worked closely with developers during test execution to ensure proper communication of defects.
- Managed defect tracking and defect reporting for assigned projects.
- Wrote detailed test documentation supporting assigned deliverables.
- Met scheduled deliverables as defined by Project Manager. Imported data from ‘XLS’ to ‘XML’.
- Verified information using ‘XML spy Editor’.
- Worked closely with development and operation teams to re-generate software defects within the QA environment, capture logs, and provide root cause analysis.
- Generated weekly and monthly status reports.
- Responsible for providing DLSS (direct loan student services) services to the borrowers.
- Variety of assignments like monitoring reconciling data and scheduling fulfillment production jobs.
- Handled multiple tasks to meet production scheduling and processing deadlines.
- Analyzed, escalated issues with production jobs. Reviewed & reconciled that all fulfillment correspondence data had been generated, delivered, mailed from the fulfillment center to meet schedule deadlines, coordinated and track all Bills, Account Statements as well as reconciled all the data.
- Updated all the required spreadsheets. Interface with the team and external vendors to ensure that fulfillment process workflow and deadlines are met.
- Tested Web based applications to pull student loan information.
- Used Clear Quest for incident management/tickets for the issues or errors. Submitted the tickets if the problems resolved then close the ticket or reopened the ticket and updated/edited and resend.
- Reviewed Business Requirement Documents Functional Requirement Specifications.
- As a member of the Software Quality Assurance team, responsible for testing the Media Buying application.
- Used the Mercury Quality Center tool to automate the unit and system test plans.
- Developed test plans, test cases based on functional specifications and design documents.
- Responsible for creating and running the tests and analyzing test results.
- Reduced testing time by automating repetitive tasks. Identified test scenarios and designed test cases for online screens, reports, batch processes and interfaces.
- Participated and coordinated in Test Case W Also did regression testing for releases.
- Participated in test case execution; Created, maintained and executed test scripts from Test Director.
- Maintained requirements and created Traceability between Requirements and Test Cases.
- Worked very closely with Team lead, Program Manager and developers to ensure that the application development met the user expectations.
- Partially involved in performing User Acceptance Testing.
- Attended weekly meetings to discuss the defects and presented progress updates and reports.