Client - focused technology leader with a proven track record in planning, development and delivery of both software products and consulting services for healthcare, communication and information management applications. Extensive technical, business, management and client interface experience. Demonstrated leadership in vendor relationships, project management, software development, quality process implementation, metrics, test philosophy, test design and automation, quality auditing, and team building.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND EXPERTISE INCLUDE:
- SDLC Process & Methodology
- Quality Assurance
- Vendor Management
- Software Process Improvement
- Software Testing
- Global Outsourcing Management
- Metrics & Reporting
- Tools & Technology
- Team Building
Director - Quality Management
- Established the Quality Management function at Confidential, implementing software development life-cycle processes and methodologies that allowed for both enterprise-level standardization and product level variation. Implemented such processes as Quality Inspections, Root Cause Analysis, and Build Turnover.
- Defined and implemented a Release process to determine release readiness. Included the communication of Known Issues and Compatibility with other products in the portfolio and 3rd party software.
- Championed SDLC process transformations from Waterfall to Structured Iterative to Agile (Scrum).
- Analyzed and published monthly interactive Metrics Dashboard that CTO and General Managers used to manage the business, including metrics for support, defects, enhancements, test automation, and planned vs. actuals.
- Proposed the use of automation test tools and led team that selected the HP Toolset (Quality Center, QTP, BPT, Performance Center) for test automation and performance testing. Defined the automation framework and led the rollout of the tools.
- Managed vendor relationship with HP and negotiated license purchases, support renewals, and contracts with Procurement.
- Expanded relationship with HP in the transition to an Agile SDLC.
- Introduced HP’s Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and Agile Manager (AGM) tools for Agile.
- Performed role of Product Owner for AGM and ALM integration.
- Gathered requirements from stakeholders for the requirements, defect and test management modules.
- Architected the integrated solution and oversaw the development and support of the enterprise Agile toolset.
- Conceptualized, designed and managed the development and support of an enterprise-wide sales demo environment (server-side, web front-end and integrated mobile tools) which showcased all of the company’s products within one integrated environment.
- The environment was utilized as an integration testing platform by development, the demo platform for the sales organization.
- Formulated with the Senior Vice President (SVP) a Quality Revolution with Centers of Excellence (COE).
- Authored proposals and obtained funding to staff multiple COEs (End-to-End Testing, Integration Testing, Automation Testing, Performance Testing, and Client Collaboration).
- Created the End-to-End and Integration Testing COEs and managed the testing activities including the development of test plans, test cases, business flows, test execution, and test automation.
- Selected as first team to engage with outsourcing vendor.
- Traveled to India to conduct site visit, provide, establish processes and implement tools for End-to-End and Integration Testing activities.
- Defined corporate Commercialization Process as part of the team that determined when products and services were ready for the market.
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
Director, Vendor Technology Relationships
- Set the corporate direction for approved third party software usage at the release level on a semi-annual basis and chaired the Confidential .
- Implemented the Standard Environment Repository to capture the 3rd party software used by each product.
- Managed the vendor relationships with HP and Oracle.
- Worked closely with Procurement and Software License Management organizations to implement licensing agreements (VARs) and track license usage.
- Developed the initial product offering for the Software Process Improvement (SPI) business, based on working knowledge and experience with the Confidential Quality Method of Operations (QMO).
- Lead business development, responsible for working with new clients to develop customized programs to improve time to market, reduce cost, improve quality ( Confidential level) and increase customer satisfaction.
- Managed the strategy and defined the processes and procedures for implementing a set of Function Point Counting and Benchmarking consulting services.
- Negotiated and implemented exclusive Operations Systems software and services pricing approach based on benchmarking using Function Point Counting (IFPUG).
- Developed a methodology to account for functionality not captured by FP Counting, so the actual effort in the software development process was accurately represented.
- Established a Program Management Office (PMO), including development of a program management infrastructure with standard processes, for a commercial software development company delivering e-business supply chain management solutions and customer relationship management platforms.
- Conducted interviews, collected data and analyzed existing Performance Metrics and Service Level Agreements of a large telecommunications company to baseline the present method of operation. Determined the future method of operation as part of a technical and process due diligence team for an IT outsourcing program.
Director, Software Development
- Managed the development of an element management system for hybrid fiber coax and a surveillance and trouble ticketing system.
- Deployed first product, HFC-EM, to Confidential which was running in their environment with live customers for two years before Confidential installed the complete end-to-end solution.
- Built a working relationship with the two hardware vendors, while implementing the features of the Confidential solution and hardware vendors that were often conflicting.
- Chaired the cross-organizational Confidential Quality Management Team and served as the Quality Director for the organization in implementing, preparing and obtaining Confidential Level 5. Provided to all products in the Confidential to prepare for the Confidential Level 5 Assessment.
Director, Software Development
- Managed the entire development lifecycle for a set of software development tools, middleware, and configuration management and tracking systems across multiple platforms used by most Confidential applications.
- As the quality champion for the organization, participated in the preparation of and was interviewed regarding one of the first five products
- Led the effort to establish Local Procedures to implement the QMO for the remaining 18 products in the department and provided direction for the business unit.
- Then, implemented and led the activities for the department to be assessed at Confidential Level 3. Interviewed as the representative for the Confidential product for the Confidential Level 3 assessment.