- Software Development / Database / Web Applications
- IT professional with progressive experience in software development and quality assurance.
- Experience includes developing, testing and supporting client\server and web applications.
- Works well in team - oriented environments to review system designs and ensure the quality of the product.
- Looks for ways to resolve programming issues and improve productivity.
- Committed and responsible, focused on meeting project deadlines and deliverables.
- Quickly learns new technologies in order to support new initiatives.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Designed, developed and modified programs and online screens for three sales/service applications based on detailed requirements, promotion monitoring systems which support $25M in program liability.
- Performed production support for a directory service application.
- Researched and resolved system abends. Modified programs to support system enhancements.
- Performed production support for Managed Services, an online contract entry application.
- Maintained website stability by researching and resolving website issues as well as database issues.
- Worked with external team during user testing.
- Maintained a customer relationship with end users to resolve system issues.
- Produced ad-hoc reports for the user community.
- Worked rotating monthly 24-hour on-call production support for promotion monitoring systems.
- Managed tickets using the departmental ticketing system.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Assisted with the development of the back-end billing and reporting functions for Web Based Directory Services using the following technologies: Bourne Shell Scripts, Transact SQL, and HTML.
- Performed assistant DBA role for Sybase and SQL Server.
- Created necessary databases, accounts, tables, indexes, etc. for all development projects assigned.
- Maintained N-Quest, a billing application written in mainframe Cobol and Visual C++.
- Managed enhancements to the system in order to correct system errors and minimize abend ratios to under 1%, as mandated by Confidential Corporate.
- Jointly developed on an application that allows the ability to integrate revenue on Vnet Invoice from selected source billing systems.
Quality Assurance Analyst
Confidential, Dunwoody, GA
- Assisted with the creation of application test plans and test cases for system releases.
- Participated in regular status meetings and technical issues discussions with development and team lead to evaluate test strategies and test progress.
- Performed manual testing for new and enhanced billing applications for client\server and web applications.
- Identified and documented defects during testing. Coordinated with development teams to ensure timely closure of defects.
- Executed Bourne shell scripts, modifying where necessary to run in the test environment.
- Created load jobs and inserted test data into Sybase database using SQL Advantage. Performed Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries.
Production Control Analyst
Confidential, Dunwoody, GA
- Scheduled production batch processes using Sybase System 11 AutoSys Scheduler.
- Edited Sybase System 11 database table and key record fields for various types of vendors and third party data loading.
- Invoked and performed updates where needed for UNIX K shell scripts that executed C, C++ programs and database routines.
- Researched C program error logs in a UNIX environment.
Confidential, Roswell, GA
- Provided technical support to call center support groups needing assistance with hardware and software issues.
- Managed data load jobs, corrected minor issues and escalated program issues to the application development teams.
- Performed system backups and prepared backups for offsite picks.
- Updated departmental website site as needed.