- Seeking a responsible and challenging Software QA/ Tester position in a growth oriented progressive Institution where my QA experience and skills with significantly contribute to the overall success of the organization and provide opportunities for my career growth.
- Having 6+ Years of experience in IT Industry with emphasis on Software Quality Assurance.
- Involved in Design, Development, and Implementation of the QA process and documentation of Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts for manual and automated testing scope in the QA life cycle.
- Extensively experienced in different testing methodologies such as Agile, Iterative, and Waterfall.
- Experienced in using test first development and other agile methodologies such as constant integration, and automated builds.
- Experienced in developing and implementing Testing on a variety of IT applications in a number of different industrial environments.
- Strong understanding of test driven and behavior driven development.
- Collaborated with developers, product managers, operations and other members of the team in testing requirements and release planning.
- Experienced in testing Web and Client server applications with emphasis on functional, regression, integration, back end, system and acceptance testing.
- Experienced in manual and automated - testing tools in ALM/HP Quality Center, HP Quick Test Pro and Test Director.
- Experienced in creating, executing tests, generating the test reports and creating graphs using ALM/Quality Center.
- Experienced in Backend testing by writing SQL Queries.
- Experienced in writing QTP Test Scripts using Descriptive Programming and enhanced the scripts using Parameterization, Synchronization, Correlation, Regular Expressions, Check Points, Customized Exception handling and VBScript.
- Experienced in performing GUI, Functional, Regression, and Data-driven testing using QTP.
- Experienced in developing Keyword Driven and Data Driven automation framework.
- Experienced in working both onshore and offshore teams in different time zones.
- Involved in meetings and walkthroughs and close interaction with business analysts, developers and clients for better understanding of requirements, functionality and business processes for testing of the application.
- Team player with excellent communication skills with strong problem solving and planning skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and inter-personal skills with ability to interact with clients/businessusers/internal employees at all levels.
- Flexible and versatile to adapt to any new environment/technologies.
- Proactive, quick learner with good analytical skills.
Operating Systems: Windows, MS-DOS and UNIX / Linux
Testing Tools: UFT, QTP, ALM/Quality Center/Test Director,
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, and DHTML
DBMS: MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Access
Project Management: MS Project, MS Office
Confidential, Reston, VA
QA Engineer (Automation)
- Involved in participating in the System Test Plan reviews, Test Scenarios, Test Cases Review.
- Developed Test Cases and Test Procedures based on the Test Plan.
- Performed Positive and Negative testing using both Manual and Automation Techniques.
- Performed Manual Testing of the applications using HP Quality Center and used Quality Center for test management.
- Allocated work to team to prepare regression test cases in Quality Center for monthly regression project.
- Worked with development members on bug reproduction and fixes; and updated management on testing results, activities and planning using Quality Center.
- Performed Back end testing using SQL queries to make sure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the database tables.
- Maintained all manual regression tests to QTP using requirements gathered from Quality Center’s requirements module.
- Involved in improving testing efficiency by preparing and executing Batch tests using QTP.
- Developed and maintained QTP test scripts to support regression testing whenever a Change Request is completed.
- Experienced in Using Linux/ Unix Environment.
- Experienced in using Python Language .
- Performed functional testing using Quick Test Pro , extensively used checkpoints for Object, Text, Table, and Pages.
- Wrote VBScript , developed Custom Functions , Dictionary Objects , and Descriptive Programming by using QTP.
- Performed Cross browser testing.
- Involved in installations of Builds/ Releases in Test environment completely.
- Involved in Audit meetings and got an initiative to reach QA testing goals.
- Involved in thorough Compatibility Testing of the site on different browsers.
Confidential, Columbia, SC
Software Test Engineer
- Manual Regression Testing.
- Involved in Requirement Analysis .
- Preparation of Test Cases .
- Involved in Quality Management work of the project.
- Testing activities covered front end testing of the user interface , business logic and functionality of the modules in the application.
- The activities included Development of condensed and detailed test scenarios , preparation of test data and test scripts .
- Front end testing of the products and identification of bugs and reporting using Quality Center .
- Preparation and Enhancement of test cases as per functionalities for performing Manual Testing .
- Documenting test cases , Test Results , and creation of Bug Reports .
- Preparation, Review and Execution of Test Cases against Functional Specifications.
Environment: Quality Center, SQL, MS Excel and Document Reporting
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Understand the functional requirements of the projects and performed the functional testing using Manual testing process.
- Preparation of test cases, preparation of Test Plans that describes the features and functions to be tested.
- Execution test cases and reported bugs using Quality Center.
- Managed, Documented and controlled all the Test Cases, test scripts and test results using QC and also in a status update report using MS Excel.
- Testing of the entire process including reports and back-end data validation.
- Perform regression testing after closing the defects or new build after fix.
- Record and run tests using QTP.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing, Usability testing.
- Involved in UI testing.
- Participate in test plan and test cases review meetings.
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries to check backend data and data integrity.
- Perform and validate positive, negative, system and integration testing.
- Preparing Daily Execution Report -- Involved in preparing the Daily Execution Status report and sharing with managers and leads.
Environment: Quality Center, Quick Test Professional, Windows NT,.NET, SQL Server.