- He has 7+ years’ experience working as a Business Analyst. She has worked through most of the SDLC phases and the Knowledge Areas of the IIBA BABOK; eliciting requirements; documenting business, functional & systems requirements; creating use cases, activity diagrams & process flows for web - based applications, creating and manually executing test cases.
- He has experience modeling applications using UML techniques; working on projects involving multiple stakeholders/client; providing post-implementation support and user training.
Languages: C, C++, HTML, SQLHardware PCs, Mac
OS: Windows, OS X
Software: MS Visio, MS Project, MS SharePoint, JIRA, Wiki, Capture, Pencil, Requisite Pro, Quality Center.
Standards: Section 508
- Worked with the Air National Guard (ANG) on tailoring the application and content to adhere to the business need.
- Identified business needs; determined gaps in capabilities to meet the business needs; determined solution approach; conduct feasibility studies for solution options; and identified potential high level solutions.
- Elicited requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements sessions (JAD), business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluated information gathered from multiple sources, reconciled conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from true underlying needs.
- Created technical documentations which includes; requirement documents, process diagrams, test cases, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), etc.
- Proactively communicated and collaborated with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts: Business Requirements, System Requirements, User Stories, Use Cases, and wireframes.
- Executed test cases and test scripts within a web application and its associated reporting platform.
- Performed regression testing, and end-to-end application testing to support software, upgrades, new application functionality, and business process changes.
- Interacted in a collaborative manner with the business owner, application and report development teams to ensure delivery of quality software products.
- Worked with stakeholders to do sprint planning for the project.
- Planned and coordinated requirements, development, and testing efforts for both Ops Funding and Events Management applications.
- Created and monitor activities/deliverables schedule for project sprint.
- Mitigate risk by identifying, escalating and resolving issues across multiple delivery groups and/or projects.
- Created defect(s) from testing effort, tracked, managed, and resolved defects, issues & problems on the project.
- Performed solution assessment and validation.
IT Business Analyst
- Determined gaps in capabilities to meet the business needs; determined solution approach; conduct feasibility studies for solution options; and identified potential high level solutions.
- Proactively communicated and collaborated with external and internal customers to elicit, analyze, & document business needs and user requirements.
- Critically evaluated information gathered from multiple sources, reconciled conflicts, decomposed high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguished user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Documented "as is" and "to be" workflows (both business and IT areas).
- Documented functional requirement, use cases, activity diagram, process models & system design specifications for software products.
- Ensured adherence to internal project quality standards.
- Created and maintained test case for assigned projects, conducted UAT testing, and validated test results against requirements.
- Worked with project sponsors and stakeholders to define project goals, scope, deliverables, requirements, and timing.
- Planned and scheduled project deliverables, goals, and milestones plus provided project status to management.
- Liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Assisted with the development and execution of change management and training throughout the organization during the Implementation of system solutions.
- Performed post-implementation application support and training to clients & end users.
- Defined the business need, identified business problem or opportunity, and determined capability gaps to meet the business needs.
- Worked with project sponsors and stakeholders to define project goals, scope, deliverables, requirements and timing.
- Served as liaison between various team members, including developers, project manager, quality assurance team and the client.
- Analyzed business problems and opportunities.
- Translated business needs into clearly defined requirements.
- Created/updated documents required as part of the system development lifecycle (i.e., Statements of Work, Business & functional requirements, Use Cases and process documents.
- Managed routine and non-routine processing and change request.
- Performed user acceptance testing and ensured testing verifies the user requirements.
- Created user manuals.
- Performed end-user training for new applications.
- Installed and configured proprietary software.