- Expert in QA Testing, Test Planning and Execution, Team Management and Business Analysis
- QA Lead with 6+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance Engineering - Retail and Healthcare domains with proven results.
- Full System development lifecycle experience including designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases and test processes.
- Experience in all functional phases of Testing- Component testing, System testing, SIT, UAT, testing.
- Worked in diversified profiles with teams based in multiple geographies.
- Efficiently delivered many successful projects for clients working based on onsite offshore model.
- Well versed in requirement gathering, team management and coordination.
- Adept at business analysis and project planning.
- SQA Testing & Methodologies
- Regression & Negative Testing
- QA Estimation and Planning
- Test Plans, Cases & Processes
- Co-ordination and communication
- Defect/Bug Tracking
- Functional Requirements
- Data Interface & Migration Testing
- Test Strategies & Coverage
- Scripting & Documentation
- QA & QC Standards
- UI & Compatibility Testing
- Reports Testing
- Application Integration Testing
- HPQC 9.0, 10.0, 11.0 (HP Quality Center)
- QTP (HP QuickTest Professional)
- Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT.
- Microsoft Visio.
- Microsoft SharePoint.
- SQL Server
- Informatica Power Center
- Oracle Retail Data Migration App.
- Micro strategy Reports.
- ASP .NET
- Tibco General Interface
- Web Services.
- Served as key member as QA lead from Legacy systems of Pricing management system to downstream testing
- Lead the Legacy QA Team for all part of testing from functional testing, performance, and test data creation to test environment and release management. Also managed the complete QA for Legacy Pricing area
- Seamless Onsite & offshore QA Team co-ordination
- Created and executed Test plans and test cases to uncover, identify and document software problems and their causes
- Co-ordination among different teams at onsite- Oracle team, Legacy Dev team, downstream system, Project team.
- Delivered thorough QA Testing reports that determined product Quality and release readiness.
- Functional specification analysis and preparation of the inspection report.
- Test Design, Review and Execution.
- Integration Testing with Oracle product- For end to end Testing till POS from source of record to ensure price of product do not break till the end.
- Test environment creation similar to production to capture defects ahead in Test environment.
- Support of bug fixes and issues reported.
- Supporting UAT for business users.
- Received appreciation and from customer and Confidential Management team for outstanding contributions to the Project
- Became part of QCoE - And was key member in QCoE as part of transition for Merchandising area
- Took transition of many merchandising areas and handed over knowledge to offshore team
- Preparation of understanding documents for further team members to join
- After transition was over- Took responsibility as QA Lead for ongoing Pricing Exadata Migration project
- Onsite & offshore QA Team co-ordination
- Performance testing of flow data from one to other end of system.
- QA estimation for the project.
- Functional specification analysis and prepare the inspection report.
- Preparing QA Plan for the project/activity.
- Test Design, Review and Execution, Status reporting.
- Integration and System Testing.
- Support of bug fixes and issues reported
- First time lead the team from offshore of 12 members for D.0 implementation.
- Involved in Test case selection/allocation to the offshore team on daily basis.
- Geared up the team and brought the team up and running with the complex claims area of the pharmacy.
- Went through NCPDP D.0 guide and understood the changes coming with D.0 apart from the requirements provided by BA.
- Transferred the knowledge on claims and Pricing area to the team- By keeping various KT and walkthrough sessions.
- Sending daily status to client and joining daily calls with client for the status on D.0 Testing.
- Highlighted the major defects impacting test cases in DSR so was able to bring Test execution- pass percentage from 40% to 80% in one week.
- Travelled Onsite for same project and lead same from onsite during system and Integration Testing.
- Created and executed Test plans and test cases to uncover, identify and document software problems and their causes.
- Also successfully leaded the team during D.0 with external processors with complete confidence from customer to own it single handedly from onsite.
- Communicated with outside vendors for Testing- and Certified the product with 30 external processors successfully.
- Analyzing requirements from starting phase of the project and provided BAs important and crucial review comments which saved lot of cost then finding in end of project.
- Received and appreciation from Client and Program Manager for outstanding contributions to the project and Leading the team well with first time experience.
- Later on- Decision taken to Roll back the Project. So was part of decommissioning team to ensure all components deployed as part of Redrock are successfully without impacting existing old system.
- Review of test cases.
- Support UAT - Worked with business users and helped them in doing D.0 UAT Testing
- Analysis of production defects
Sr. Test Engineer
- Became part of System Integration team after testing various components like HQ Admin, Drug File, Claims Processing and PPA individually
- Active team member, understood Project Lifecycle and SDLC
- Involved in End to End testing of system involving different modules of project till POS and getting response back from POS to Pharmacy application
- Reviewing and updating of test cases as per the latest change requests
- Involved in executing manual test cases from QC and tested all the major functional areas
- Unearthing good quality defects in release
- Involved in Regression testing
- Analysis of production and UAT defects and finding the impacted test cases
- Later on joined Automation team - Written good VB scripts single handedly for system testing end to end test cases in QTP.
- Worked on execution of automation test cases.
- Worked on Integration of QC and QTP i.e. loading and execution of automation test cases from QC.
- Tested this component at back end and from UI also
- Only team member involved for testing of Tax component
- Written good quality back end test cases for Tax component
- Written and loaded all manual test cases in QC
- Involved in test case execution and logging defects for same.
- Core team member of HQ PPA component
- Communicated with BA and development team to get clear with the complex requirements of pricing.
- Had direct interaction with the client
- Played critical role in Claims area for B1 and B2 transactions and Pricing calculation for different scenarios.
- Raised change requests for this component which were approved by the client
- Logged more than 100 defects and grabbed completely the complex requirements related to claims and pricing in short duration.
- Received from Confidential Management team for outstanding contribution to the project and logging critical defects for Pricing and Claim area.
- Started working as Functional Tester- as a fresher for Drug File project
- Started with writing of database test cases and got comfortable with it in short duration
- Written good quality functional and database test cases and got appreciated from client BA
- Then moved to other component in HQ - HQ Admin
- Tested this component as it developed from console application to complete UI
- Written good quality back end, functional, UI and database test cases
- Written complex SQL queries required for database test cases
- Logged more than 300 functional, database and UI defects.
- Involved in test case execution for all back end, functional, database and UI test cases.
- Interacted with development team and BA to efficiently write and execute back end and database test cases.
- Later on as component got stable was involved in regression test execution also
- Co-coordinated and leaded the team while Confidential test case execution.