- 5 years of diversified experience on software verification, testing, validation, quality assurance in various domains.
- Worked in Multiple Projects, Phased Deliverables, Project Planning, Requirement gathering
- Proficient in technical skills in the areas Integration, Functional and System Testing - using Black Box Approach, test case creation, and functional specification reviews
- Executed and worked with various types of Testing like Black-Box Testing, Unit Testing, Module Testing and System Testing
- Experienced with different software engineering methodologies like V-Model, Agile, Iterative and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience in various phases of SDLC such as Requirements and Analysis, Design, Development and Testing
- Proficient in analyzing the Business Requirements, System Requirement Specifications (SRS), Functional Requirement specification (FRS), Design Documents to formulate Test Plans, Test Scenarios/Strategies, and Test Cases
- Defect submission and tracking
- Expertise in Problem solving and Bug Tracking Reports using Bug tracking Tools
- Worked on Quality Management System of the SW development life cycle
- Worked as a Software Tester for Web based & Client server applications
- Good knowledge in using testing automation tools like Quick Test Professional (QTP), Quality Center
- Knowledge of programming language like VB scripting
Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/ NT/2000
Languages: basics in C. SQL,VB scripting
Testing Tools: Quality Center, QTP,IBM Clear Quest
Browser: Internet Explorer, Mozilla
MSOffice Suite:: MS-Word, MS Excel, MS Access.
Confidential, Hopkinton, MA
- Written Test plan and Test cases
- Performed System testing and qualification of EMC Data Manager 5.1.0 console.
- Performed functionality testing of all manageable objects displayed in Console’s Tree panel, and validated the results in the target panel.
- Wrote Automated Test Scripts using Quick Test Professional for Regression testing,
- Implemented the required checkpoints and updating them from time to time.
- Involved in Automation testing using Linear VB scripting, Action Driven Framework and Data Driven Framework using HP QTP.
- Modified automated scripts in HP Quick Test Professional and added to test suite.
- Perform gap analysis between the use cases/requirements, test cases and automation scripts and facilitates to cover the missing requirements or use cases.
- Performed regression testing of new features and execute automation test suite of QTP scripts and managed results using HP Quality Center.
- Reported and coordinated bugs or issues using ClearQuest and involved in CCB (Change Control Board) meetings.
- Ensure closure of critical defects before releasing the new version to PPR (Pre-Production Release).
- Coordinate with customer service personnel for customer submitted defects in order to best replicate the customer environment and their use cases and reproduce the problem in house.
Environment: Windows2000/XP, IBM ClearQuest, HP QualityCenter 9.0, HP quick Test Professional, Oracle, Visual basic, java(java bean, servelets, jsp)
Confidential, Rochester, NY
QA Test Engineer
- Involved in regular project review meetings & Testing Status Meetings and sending Test Report to Project Manager and Project Team
- Analyze the user requirements by interacting with system architect, developers, Business Analyst and Client.
- Estimation of new Test requirements and efforts
- Analyze Functional Requirement and Business Requirement Documents to get a better understanding of the system on both functional and business perspectives.
- Involve in writing and implementing the Test plan, Test cases, Test Procedures, Test sets using Use cases and requirement specification document.
- Parameterized various links in the application for Functional/Integration testing.
- Created Test data for testing in test environment.
- Reviewing Test Cases and preparation of Review Report based on HLD and LLD
- Post and close Bugs for each phase into Defect tracking system.
- Participate in Walk through and Defect report meetings periodically with client.
- Generate detailed test status reports.
Environment: Windows2000, Bugzilla,.net
Confidential, Rochester, NY
- Analyzed Use Cases and developed Test Plan, Test Scripts and Test Cases and executed them.
- Manually checked the important features of the application before going for automation testing.
- Performed Sanity Testing and Smoke Testing before the starting of Testing in the Test environments.
- Created and executed manual test cases.
- Conducted Functionality testing during various phases of the application.
- Performed Black Box, Integration, Functionality, System, Database, Regression, and Acceptance Testing from each release build.
- Developed functional and regression testing
- Performed Integration Testing
- Extensively did Manual Testing in all modules of the Application.
- Involved in gathering business requirement, studying the application and collecting the information from developers and writing the test plans.
- Review test assignments, develop test plans and scripts, and conduct tests as assigned.
- Application was updated twice a week, so that all the Test Procedures created as Baseline can be played back to perform Regression Testing.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the database.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Was involved in weekly walkthrough and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project as a whole.
Environment: Windows with java run time,SQL