- Extensive involvement in analyzing planning and developing Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Data and Test plans based on functional specification and requirements using Excel sheet, Test case reviewing, Test case execution and Defect Tracking.
- Preparing, Reviewing and Executing Check Lists and Test Cases to validate the functionality, Regression testing, Ad hoc testing, GUI / UI testing.
- Well acquainted with the Software Development Life Cycle, Software Testing Life Cycle, Defect Life Cycle of the Applications and QA Methodologies like Waterfall, Iterative and Agile environments (Scrum).
- Experienced in Functional, Regression, Black Box, System, Performance, Cross - browser & Cross-Platform Testing, Usability, Sanity Testing, Integration Testing, Negative Testing, Localization, Compliance Testing and User Acceptance Test (UAT) for Web and Client/Server Applications.
- Proficient in managing and evolving test requirements throughout the product lifecycle, covering test analysis, planning, design, test data preparation, test execution and test reports with Project Manager and Team Lead.
- Expertise in software management tool HP Quality Center (QC) 9.0 for defect tracking and reporting.
- Defect reporting and tracking using Dev Track: in-house Bug tracking tool of the company, Bugzilla and JIRA.
- Basic knowledge of writing SQL queries, Performance testing with Jmeter and Automation script with Geb
- Involved in Client interactions in Client Calls to analyze layout of the Agendas and Goals of the project within the test process as responsibility of a Team Mentor.
- Experienced in managing team task assignment and compilation of regular reports (daily, weekly, bi-weekly and monthly), concerning the project implementation as Team Mentor.
- Good experience over Defect Approach, Defect Triaging and Defect Escalation
- Worked closely with team of Project Manager, BSA, Process Analysts, Developers, users and testers throughout the entire software development lifecycle to identify and analyze requirements. Efficient in planning, organizing and implementing a testing effort by working closely with the team and the project manager
- Good at multi-tasking and ability to work well under tight deadlines with high efficiency.
- Self-motivated, able to set effective priorities and implement decisions to achieve immediate and long-term goals and meet operational deadlines.
- Fast learner, good organization skills and a committed team member.
Functional Testing Tool: Functional Knowledge of Selenium-IDE, basic knowledge of with Geb (IntelliJ IDEA).
Performance Testing Tool: JMeter
Web-based Test: HP Quality Center (QC) 9.0
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Tech Excel Dev Track.
Operating System: Windows 98/XP/2000/7/Vista, Windows 2003 server, Windows 2000-Server/
Databases: MS-Access, Basic knowledge of MySQL (SQL queries).
Hardware: Sound knowledge in Troubleshooting of Hardware Devices
Networking: LAN Configuration, Maintenance & Troubleshooting. DHCP & Various modems & Routers (Linksys / Netgear / Zyxel / D-link Wireless Routers etc), Dial Up, Leased Line, Broadband etc. Troubleshooting System / Network related problems.
Software Quality Assurance Intern
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Software Testing and Quality Assurance - all aspects of ensuring software developed at Confidential are of the highest quality for the best customer experience.
- Preparing and modifying Test Plan and Test Cases/scenarios for ViralGains application.
- Conduct test execution (both manual and automated).
- Perform regression, exploratory and Ad-hoc testing.
- Test results validation and reporting.
- Defect and issue identification, logging, tracking, resolution, and reporting.
- Tasks status communication to Supervisor.
- Automated script creation and maintenance with Geb (IntelliJ IDEA)
- Performance testing with Jmeter.
- To attend the Scrum call.
Software Test Engineer
- Analyzed the business requirements, developed test plans and created test cases in Quality Center.
- Performed pre - testing that included review of the requirement documents, studying the Use Cases for developing test plans and collection of test data.
- Developed test specifications from customer requirements and design specifications for projects and enhancements to existing applications
- Coordinated and controlled testing projects at every step of the quality cycle from test planning through execution to defect management.
- Reviewed existing test plans and offered feedback about other testing needed.
- Defined and performed the Test strategies and associated scripts for the verification and validation of the application and ensuring that it meets all defined business requirements and associated functionality.
- Executed the tests manually to verify the application functionality.
- Periodically tested the GUI functionality according to the guidelines of the test plan.
- Conducted functional and regression testing.
- Verified software quality and functionality by completing tests and reviewing software requirements.
- Assisting in creation of requirements traceability matrices and test estimate templates
- Performed quality audits to ensure standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed.
- Participated in user acceptance testing.
- Reviewed system test plans, test cases, to ensure completeness and advised client of inconsistencies in project documentation.
- To attend the Scrum call.
Sr. QA Tester
- Managing and evolving test requirements throughout the product lifecycle, covering test analysis, planning, design, test data preparation, test execution and test reports with Project Manager/Team Lead.
- Perform Functional, Interface, Regression, Localization, Compatibility, Load/Stress testing and PC Standard and Frame rate Tracker Checklists.
- Preparing and Reviewing Test Cases prepared by the team members and performed the execution of test cases, analyzing test results and bug reporting.
- Bug vetting and forwarding bugs reported by the team, as a responsibility of a Team Mentor.
- Testing of connectivity with Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE PartnerNet and ProductionNet servers.
- Tracking and Tracing of defects using Tech Excel's Dev Track 6.2 to maintain database of defects.
- Involved in client interactions to analyze layout of the Agendas, Goals and resolve critical issues of the project according to timeliness.
- Handling problems related to Confidential installation, slow browsing & configuration of CPE and Maintenance of Confidential for North region.
- Providing solution related to DNS host record and reverse record entry.
- Providing solution related to domain registration.
- Email id creation and troubleshooting the problem related to E - mails
- Providing online support and through remote access.
- Understanding the Customer network and providing online solution to the customer for the issues and concerns raised by customer.
- Maintaining the SLA for faults.
- Monitoring performance of Engineers and making regular Quality Checks.