- Accomplished QA professional with over six years’ experience in software design and testing.
- Areas of expertise include authoring test plans and test cases, automated testing, defect tracking tools, version control and requirements management tools.
- Worked on multiple projects involving client - server architecture, web-based and ecommerce applications, mobile applications and embedded devices.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Team oriented. Task oriented.
Platforms: Windows, Linux, Solaris, Mac OSX, iOS, Android, VMware
Test Tools: Squish (Froglogic), WinRunner, QTP, LoadRunner, Selenium, Quality Center, IAR Embedded Workbench
Defect Tracking Tools: Redmine, Bugzilla, Test Track Pro, PVCS Tracker
Version Control Tools: Surround SCM (Seapine), GIT, CVS, Rational DOORS
Database: MySQL, Postgresql
Confidential, Manchester, NH
Software Integration Test Engineer
- Analyze requirement documents with technical team to derive test plan.
- Write detailed test cases to verify testable system requirements for embedded devices and mobile apps (iOS and Android).
- Write and execute both manual and automated tests.
- Validate process flows, UI model, database, cloud connectivity, and subsystem integration.
- Log issues in defect tracking systems PVCS tracker, Test Track Pro. Analyze and triage defects with project team and track issue resolution.
- Implement Squish automated test framework to interface with firmware in medical devices.
- Determine good automation candidates and script test cases in Python.
- Document test procedures, manage requirements traceability and test results in version management tool, DOORS.
- Perform weekly regression testing to uncover and fix build issues.
- Run Debugger code tests to verify software requirements on embedded software. This involves manipulating data values, setting breakpoints and output forcing.
- Participate in test scheduling, test progress and design/usability sessions with team.
- Evaluate tools and device test fixtures, OS and hardware integration.
- Entrusted with maintaining automated test suites on multiple projects and ensuring timely completion of test cycles.
- Built stress tests to uncover software hangs and crashes and reduce the incidence of device swaps.
Confidential, Chelmsford, MA
- Developed and maintained test cases and procedure for validating website requirements.
- Performed functional and system testing of the main website and micro sites (Ruby on Rails platform), mobile apps and interfaces for ecommerce, music networking etc.
- Verified integration and working of the various tiers of the application model.
- Set up test box environments to test sites across multiple browsers/platforms.
- Participated in testing for new or patch releases, and ensuring site rollovers.
- Performed data retrieval testing (MySQL) on ruby console.
- Logged bugs/modifications in Redmine. Tracked resolution status.
- Monitored and reported site performance metrics (newRelic), user activity, exception notifications and error logs.
- Participated in feature reviews, problem resolution and performance enhancement sessions.
Confidential, N.Chelmsford, MA
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Developed test plan and test cases per functional and system requirements of the web application.
- Conducted manual testing on all aspects of the system including implementation LAM and its usage metrics components on different environments, performance and optimization issues, user acceptability.
- Configured and set up VMware workstation environment to ensure product compatibility with various client platforms, including Windows Server, XP, Linux and Solaris.
- Verified license data parsing and retrieval, reports generated in Excel, XML formats.
- Recorded issues detected in Bugzilla.
- Supported development team in issues analysis, evaluating customer feedback and proposing improvements.
- Conducted customer and troubleshooting.
- Prepared technical documentation, installation guides and release notes.
- Assisted in building software copy protection for application.
- Designed and executed application test procedure throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Conducted user-acceptance and regression testing on the application, both stand-alone and client-server versions.
- Reported defects and test results to the development team.
- Gathered feedback from users and recommended improved functionality/features to project team.
- Updated test checklists for new product builds.
- Analyzed performance and robustness of the tool in real-time settings.
- Prepared change logs and user manual.
- Conducted for customers.