- 10 years of experience in quality assurance and testing of Client Server, Web - based, and Desktop applications in both Manual and Automated processes.
- Working experience in many phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Solid experience in QA planning, testing processes, procedures, methodologies, strategies, and deliverables.
- Experienced in testing with various system development methodologies such as Waterfall/Classical, Agile, and Spiral.
- Experienced in writing and reviewing Business Functional Specifications, Functional Requirements Document (FRD) Specifications, Use Cases, Test Plan, RTM, and System Documentation.
- Experienced in using Quality Center to store and translate system requirements into test cases/scenarios that ensure all the assigned subset requirements are tested as part of the system to be delivered.
- Experienced in scripting in Python
- Experienced in writing SQL queries for back-end testing to validate data
- Good command line skills in DOS, Solaris Unix, and Linux
- Experienced testing in both Windows and Solaris Unix/Linux platform
- Experienced in performing different kinds of software testing like functional testing, GUI testing, system testing, integration testing, capability/platform testing, usability testing, performance testing, load testing, stress testing, volume testing, regression testing, E2E testing and user acceptance testing (UAT) etc.
- Experienced in testing web based applications developed in .NET and J2EE platform.
- Good TCP/IP and networking knowledge on different OS such as windows, Solaris, and Linux
- Worked closely with Business Analysts, Developers, IV&V, and Clients to ensure bug free application delivery on time and production support.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skill, self-motivated, detail-oriented, team player, reliable, with ability to work effectively in both as individual and also team environment.
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES: HTML, XML, Python, VB/Shell Script, SQL, XML
O/S: Windows 2003/XP/2008 Server/7, Sun Solaris Unix, CentOS/Red Hat Linux
DATABASES: MS ACCESS, MS SQL SERVER, ORACLE, POSTGRES
APPLICATIONS: MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, TOAD, Rational Requisite Pro/Rose, Eclipse, Remedy, CVS, VSS, VMWARE, JAWS, RoboHelp, OPNET (IT Guru/Modeler/ Confidential /nCompass/VNE Server/Ace Analyst)
TESTING TOOLS: Winrunner, HP Quality Center, Test Director, PVCS Tracker, Bugzilla, Rational Clearcase, Rational Clearquest, Rational Manual Tester, Confidential Testcreator/Loadscaler, QA Testcomplete/Loadcomplete
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Sr. Systems Analyst
- Support all testing related tasks including test planning, test scripting (manual and automated), system test execution, test management, and defects review/management.
- Participate in JAD and requirements review sessions to define requirements for proposed features
- Create test schedules and milestones, assign work, and supervise test analysts
- Create testing guidelines, process improvements, and QA related artifacts for the Confidential Test and Evaluation team to ensure effectiveness and efficiency
- Conduct network communication performance analysis using a variety of tools, including OPNET, ACE, and Confidential .
- Provide M&S technical support to the Confidential Program Office and Confidential
- Provide configuration and change management support for the Confidential / Confidential user community
- Create training materials for Confidential / Confidential community users training
- Maintain and review system documentations that are shipped with software releases
- Develop team’s training and certification plans on application performance management (APM) products
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Sr. Product/SQA Engineer
- Led a team of 5 testers across the testing of developed COTS solution (nCompass, Confidential / Confidential, and Modeler) for Windows and Linux platforms
- Participated in functional and implementation design reviews to provide inputs and define the behavior/technical structure of the proposed features
- Designed and developed Test Suite/Packages for testing of both software features and models development
- Created test plans, test cases, and automated python test scripts for testing of software products
- Maintained and updated test scripts/test cases for software regression testing
- Performed software/systems testing to detect software product development defects (types of testing include: network protocol testing, simulations, functional, integration, performance, load, scalability, and regression)
- Generated software problem reports (SPRs) and test execution reports (TER) for clients, IV&V, and management
- Maintained test lab/environment that includes installation of new builds under test and deployment of web servers in both http/https mode
- Performed on site support in installation and configuration of nCompass/VNES for network monitoring
- Maintained python build script to be used for creating software releases for internal testing and as deliverables
- Administered and maintained SPR system
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams on test strategies, and technical issues
- Provided technical support as well as online technical workshops to gain insights on customers’ needs and usage of the developed software
- Performed reviews on user guides and software documentations
- Authored classroom materials to be used for trainings/OPNETWORK conferences
Confidential, Reston, VA
Senior Test and Integration Engineer
- Led a matrixed team of 3 Test Engineers and fostered innovative test case development and execution.
- Participated in JAD sessions in order to elicit and collect requirements for new business process.
- Assisted in the creation of the TRD, workflow diagrams, Software Use Case Specifications, functional requirement document (FRD), and RTM artifacts.
- Administered and implemented the Test Director COTS product at OJP to improve requirements and test management
- Established and integrated project standards, policies, and processes, including CMM, and employed system analysis techniques to translate system requirements specifications into test cases/scenarios that ensure all the assigned subset requirements are part of the system to be delivered and that these requirements operated correctly.
- Developed test cases, test execution scenarios, and conducted testing activities for subsets of complex systems and subsystems within a 3-tier web based architecture both in a project-based and O&M environment.
- Acted as a liaison between developers and the Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) team by verifying defects found during Functional Quality Testing (FQT) and testing fixes for the Office of Justice Programs Grant Management System (GMS)
- Generated defect and test analysis reports (TAR) in order to communicate orally and in writing with the team leads, test team, and developers.
- Prepared test scripts to be used for User Acceptance Testing.
- Developed and maintained WinRunner regression test scripts in the development environment.
- Maintained the FRD and Use Case Specification documents
- Created, reviewed, and maintained Online Help files, system documentations, and user documentations as required
- Mentored junior level and new QA associates in test methodologies
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Worked with project management to develop work estimates for testing related tasks.
- Developed test plans, test specifications, and test cases, using requirements and functional specifications for the IBM Homepage Reader™.
- Performed functional, regression, Section 508, and performance testing.
- Created defect reports for reconciliation, tracking, and re-testing of defects discovered during the test cycles.
- Participated in Feature Teams to help identify product issues and enhancements.
- Provided weekly report of the testing effort and progress, for the client and project management.
- Maintained and managed test systems and environment
Confidential, Germantown, MD
- Provided tier 3 technical guidance and support as required to Confidential customer base via call center assistance or direct to end-user for Confidential.
- Collaborated with the Project Manager to determine the scope of the testing effort and testing resource requirement resulting in plans, schedules, and implementation of the testing project.
- Generation and implementation of specific test plans as required for QA purposes, as well as Alpha/BETA projects.
- Technology research, testing, and documentation with respects to third party equipment in conjunction with Confidential .
- Performed product compatibility testing of H/W components and S/W applications with the Confidential products.
- Assisted in writing and reviewing technical specs, user documentation, and user cases.
- Setup and maintained lab environment for monitoring of network performance.
- Identified and documented trends towards resolution at HW/SW engineering levels
- Performed Knowledge Base contributions by creating articles based upon trend/unique technical issues