Over 4 years experience in Software Testing, which includes Web - based Applications in Windows, seeks a technically challenging position as a Software Tester/Analyst based on strong analytical background, extensive experience in Business requirement analysis, Manual Testing, Automation Testing, and QA Methodologies.
- Professional experience in Software Testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Black Box Testing, Smoke Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), End-to-end testing, Browser compatability testing, Mobile testing and Quality Analysis in Web based and client/server applications.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) & Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Understanding User Requirements, Documenting Test Plans, Preparing Test Cases, Execution Of Test Cases to verify application functionality against business requirements, with manual testing and automated test tools.
- Expertise in development of Test Cases and Defect Tracking using HP Quality Center/ALM.
- Experienced with build/deployment tool using GO.
- Analyzed Business & functional requirement documents and recognized test scenarios.
- Participated in implementing Test Plans and Test Cases built on high-leveled and detailed design.
- Experienced in Development Methodologies like Waterfall and Agile Methodology
- Participated in Meetings and Walkthroughs, interacted with other development team members to better understand system functionality in order to improve testing quality
- Prepared Test Data for system testing as per the specifications
- Performed Database Verification and Validation testing using SQL queries
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate at different levels within the organization with Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills
Testing Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Iterative, waterfall
QA Tools: HP ALM/Quality Center, HP QTP(Quick Test Professional)
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, VB, JAVA
Databases: MS Access, SQL Server, Oracle
Operating Systems: Windows 7/ XP/ 8, MAC OS
Confidential, New York, NY
- Involved in gathering user requirements, analyzing requirements and developing the Test Plan, and Test Cases.
- Involved in peer reviews of the team’s test plans and test cases.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability matrix (RTM), Test data and Test reports.
- Worked with development teams to investigate and correct software bugs and deficiencies based on testing results.
- Performed GUI, Smoke, Ad-hoc, Functional, System, Integration, Regression, Back-end, and UAT Testing.
- Assisted developers with the test files and test data.
- Collaborated with developers as needed to isolate root cause of defects.
- Conducted Manual Testing of the system; prepared and managed test cases using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center as the test repository and for executing the test cases and scripts and logging & generating various reports and graphs for further analysis.
- Recorded defects and test management using Quality Center.
- Involved in Back end testing using SQL queries.
- Created, updated and maintained QTP Regression.
- Responsible for creating and enhancing Test scripts by Creating Checkpoints, and Output values using Quick Test Professional.
- Conducted Data Driven Testing using parameterization in QTP to test the application with different sets of data.
- Used to coordinate with development team for Bug fix issues.
- Responsible for tracking the defect ownership through the SDLC phases.
- Provided Subject Matter Expertise, to include test planning and identifying data.
- Involved in Results review meetings and Walkthroughs.
Environment: Manual Testing, QTP, Quality Center/ALM, Rally, Test Complete, GO, MS Outlook
Confidential, New York, NY
- Identify the Test Scenarios based on the Business Requirement Document (BRD) and obtain sign-off of the Test Scenario document from the respective business owners
- Defined and implemented Testing Practices including Test procedure and SCRUM Testing Process Workflow using Agile QA methodology
- Verify all projects have undergone at least two complete cycles of testing (all test cases executed) for the final release testing milestones
- Logging and tracking defects and measuring the testing effort and the quality of the software by creating reports in Quality Center
- Monitor releases and builds going out to production and track production bugs over time
- Performed System Testing before the application went into staging & production
- Attended Bug Review Meetings and weekly stand-up meetings.
- Trouble shooting of customer issues on daily basis
- Creation of Requirements to Test cases traceability in Quality Center for each release.
- Used different joins on the tables to retrieve information from different tables in database to check the database on a regular basis using SQL queries
- Motivated the teams to trouble shoot the issues to find out the root cause in order to reduce the turnaround time for testing cycle
Environment: QTP 10, Quality Center 10.0, IBM Rational Suite, XML, HTML,Windows, MS Outlook