Results oriented professional engineer with 14+ years experience in test, development, troubleshooting of end products. I provide robust, reliable deliverable to end clients.
- C# MS .NET object oriented programming, design pattern oriented tools used to program, configure, and assess quality of electronic products via a PC host.
- Electronic product quality assessment at all points along new electronic product development chain; R&D, Validation Engineering, Verification Engineering, Production test and Repair
- Created deliverable (document, electronic test fixture, application software) to target end users based upon client requirements.
- Microcontroller in Assembly / C / C++
- A/D conversion, i/o pin configuration / capture, interrupt driven operation, watchdog timer hysteresis window measurement algorithm used in transfer function handshake to LCD display for I./O
- RS232, I2C, SPI, JTAG implemented both microcontroller and associated c# control application of FTDI FT2232 and/or PIC16F877 programmable RF attenuation n C# .net created state machine process and associate C# user GUI to both control an RF programmable attenuator with respect to user parameteric test pattern input(i.e. Provided intuitive controls to the end user to control traffic pattern under multiple signal conditions.
- Miscellaneous C# AlgorithmsNumber conversion, bit level shifting multi - level queue handlers c# based watchdog timer for long running applications(hours to days runtime typically external process calls (both native windows and otherwise) handled from inside c# applications(redirected standard input, standard output, and standard error streams). multi-parameter data logging using jagged array constructs, array of an array approach indexed to perform i/o on numerous parameters in an organized manner. creation of design patterns used in applications so other developers can create custom test code on top. This enables them to focus on the test(s) that are needed to be added down the road. f several serial port terminal emulation algorithms to provide connection to the device under test. This involved both VCP port and direct port access specifically for FTDI USB devices using the D2XX USB port read/write capabilities. in D2XX approaches, I have used data marshalling / platform invoke extensively.
- C#, QBASIC, Labview for desktop>Assembly/C/C++ for microcontroller targets>Verilog/VHDL for FPGA/CPLD device targets(starting) boolean algebra for PAL/PLA, PEEL, GAL device targets (used in school and at Confidential from 1996 to 2004(old device background migrates to FPGA/CPLD nicely) - Used Xilinx IDE webpack, Altera Quartus over the years on my own projects and on job. Used old PALASM, and JAM-STAPL with Altera ByteBlaster for boundary scan/JTAG programming and various bitbang i/o implementations in test fixtures.
- designed / built Confidential parser utility for new product release.
- This is deployed in EOL production test in China.
- Upgraded battery test system with new functionality by using Team - Viewer in Mexico
- Corrected/improved existing GPSI test system
- Provided test specification for developing system requirements on two new M2M products for various vehicle functions(VFs) using design patterns and model based development.
- Provided soldering and repair services on products, electronic test fixtures, and associated c# control applications.
- C# Oscilloscope remote control on Tektronix TDS2024 DSO -
- C# TRACO TMR-2-2411-2 2 Watt DC/DC converter automated test suite - DC to DC converter test application in c# to provide various stimulus to converter to test its functionality
- C# Agilent 33220A Arbitrary waveform generator remote control application - provides automated waveform pattern generation with user provided SCPI/IVI scripting editor, and extracted command/descriptions from the associated programmers reference guide.
- C# Agilent 33220A database - Created SQL server DB for this project, conversion to MySQL based DB and possibly Entity Framework evaluating at this time.
- C# to micro-controller interface - use protocol to access, and control on board control registers, CCR,
- Netduino (with STM32 Cortex M4) configure for Internet of Things(IoT) via Xively on internet. Provide interface to various sensor I2C based assemblies.
- Experimenting with RESTful API provided by Xively interfacing with Netduino.
- Experimenting with various device samples using SMD breakout boards.
Senior Software Engineer
- Provided 802.11, security testing of product prototypes consisting of both non-authenticated and authenticated connections.
- Provided security testing with RADIUS servers using Microsoft and Cisco supplicants.
- Used IXIA Chariot, Airpcap with Wireshark for 802.11 packet testing
- Provided connectivity and performance assessment of various device firmware releases. The errors that I did find I logged into CLEARCASE/CLEARQUEST.
Manufacturing Test Engineer
- Responsible for manufacturing test setup for one revision of the Confidential WIFI peripheral product.
- Assessed current test systems, equipment and processes used for this product.
- Utilized Confidential test consoles for test system
- Upgraded existing C# .NET software for production test of gamepad controllers for Confidential ;
- I provided support for new gamepad controller models and made it more robust for production line in China.
- Reverse engineered existing National Instruments PXI test station to build new test fixture and associated test software in Labview and C# for set up of a new production line.
- Designed control software to perform validation testing of Confidential HotSpot at home consumer products.
- Provided for both lab and field automation
- Deliverable also provided Confidential with lab data to create Confidential vendor specification of new product.
Hardware Test Development Engineer
- Created test application(s) and associated electronic test fixture for test of two way radio control products.
- Provided manufacturing validation and created associated verification documentation for new product as generated from internal development processes for all new product lines.
- Provided test, troubleshooting, and repair services on 24 bit professional grade digital (AES, I2S) and analog multi-channel audio mixer boards which resulted in bringing 100's of defective products back to the market for sale.
- Designed / created troubleshooting guides and test procedures for use by Chinese service technicians which resulted in easy to read and understand documentation in 'comic book' format for native non-English speakers.
Manufacturing Test Engineer
- Designed/built test procedures, electronic test fixtures, completed documentation and applied reverse engineering which resulted in reproducibility / upgrade of same down the road.
- Upgraded existing test software / hardware automation test equipment(ATE) to bring current, and made more robust.
- Most legacy systems were implemented in MS QBASIC and some in NI Labview.