- A creative and professional team player with over seven years of experience in Software Testing and Quality Assurance & worked with Financial and Insurance companies. Excellent understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with emphasis on black box testing, functional testing, GUI testing, system testing, regression testing, security testing, load and performance testing of web and Client / Server based applications.
- Over Seven years of Software experience including Testing experience in Client Server / Web - based Applications on various Platforms (Unix / Windows (95/98/2000/NT) using Automated testing tools QTP 6.0/ 8.0, Win Runner, Load Runner, Quality Center 9.0/ Test Director and Manual testing.
- Experience working in Agile, Water fall, V model etc.
- Knowledge in Rational Robot, Rational Clear Case and experience in Rational Clear Quest.
- Experience in writing shell scripts on UNIX platform.
- Experience in UNIX commands, Batch-file validation testing.
- Experience Testing Financial Applications.
- Knowledge in Data stage, Informatica, Hyperion, Siebel Analytics.
- Experience in writing Test Scripts, Test Plans, Analysis of Problem Severity, Defect tracking system and Defect reporting system using Quality Center 9.0/Test Director.
- Experience in Security testing, Regression Testing, Performance/Stress Testing, Integration, System Testing and Full life cycle testing.
- Experience in creating test scenarios for positive and negative testing.
- Experience writing SQL, Stored procedures.
- Experience testing reports using Brio, Business objects and Micro strategy.
- Experience in writing complex Test Scripts using VB script, Test Script Language (TSL).
- Extensively involved in Functional, System, Integration, Database/Backend, Positive, Negative, Build Verification, Volume/Stress, Load, Cross-Browser, User Acceptance, Regression Testing.
- Experience in writing SQL, PL/SQL in Oracle, Informix, and Sybase.
- Knowledge in Java, Perl, XML, Java script.
Automation Tools: QTP6.0/8.0/9.5, Win Runner 7.2/6.x, Load Runner 7.5, Quality Center9.0/Test Director, Rational Robot, Rational Test Manager, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, JIRA, Silk Test, Silk Performer, Silk Central Test Manager, SOAP UI, Agilefant.
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris, IBM AIX, Linux, UNIX, Windows XP/2000, MS-DOS, OPEN VMS.
Servers: IIS, Web logic, Apache Tomcat, Web sphere.
Languages: C, C++, JAVA, VB, Power Builder, Cold Fusion
Databases & Tools: Oracle 10g/9i/8i, DB2, MS-SQL 6.5, Informix, MS Access, Sybase, PowerBuilder, TOAD
Data warehouse Tool: Informatica (Power Center 5.0/6.1/6.2), DAC, Data Stage
Reporting Tool: Brio, Micro strategy
Data Interchange: EDI
Scripting Languages: TSL, VB Script, Java Script.
Microsoft Tools: MS-OFFICE, Front page, Word Perfect.
Version Control: Rational Clear Case, PVCS, CVS, Subversion.
Confidential - Sterling, VA
Senior Quality Analyst
- Involved in analyzing the business requirements from the Implementation Guides of different client applications and making sure that the requirements are met in the application during the requirements analysis phase of project.
- Actively involved in testing and interacting with clients and developers during the different stages of development, testing and implementation period.
- Escalated the issues about project requirement (software, hardware resources) to Project Manager and Test Manager.
- Prepared and develop test Plans. Check / review the test Cases document.
- Tracked and reported upon testing activities, including testing results, test case coverage, required resource, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines etc.
- Documented, Implemented monitored and enforced all processes and procedures for testing as per standards defined by the Organizations.
- Logged the Project related issues in the defect tracking tool (JIRA) indentified for the project.
- Determined testing requirements developed and reviewed scripts for positive and negative test scenarios, conducted baseline testing, and generated reports. Conducted Regression Testing, system testing and End to End Testing.
- Performed manual testing for the User Interface and responsible for reporting Bugs and ensuring that all User Interface meets the requirements guide.
- Interacted with Business Analysts, Developers and QA team members in different defect raising situations.
- Worked on planning and executing quality assurance test activities for all phases of implementation for WEB SERVICES / WSDL.
- Manually testing the Web services by calling Web methods for testing (using SoapUI tool).
- Attended weekly Project Status Meeting with Development Team, QA Manager, and worked closely to define Test Scope, Gap Analysis, Risk, & Dependency.
- Coordinate UAT testing activities and report progress.
Environment: - JIRA, Soap UI, Oracle, SQL, TOAD, HTML, Java Script, XML, Agilefant, Windows, UNIX and Agile.
Confidential - Wilmington, DE
- Developed scripts in Agile model.
- Developed Test Strategy Documents, Test Plans and Test Cases as per feature.
- Quality Center 9.2 was used as test management tool for developing and executing the test cases and prepared Test Scripts and test Plans in Quality Center 9.2.
- Defect tracking is done in Quality Center 9.2.
- Extensively used SQL to validate backend database.
- Participated in writing Test cases and software documentation from business, technical and functional requirement.
- Performed Integration testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Black Box Testing, User acceptance testing, Ad-Hoc testing, end-to end testing and System testing.
- Involved in writing and implementation of the test cases in Test Director.
- Created and executed detail function test scripts based on the business requirements.
- Always reached the deadline when required to do regression testing and multi-browser testing.
- Developed Traceability matrix while developing Test cases.
- Involved Test Matrices during the Test life cycle.
- Performed GUI Testing by creating GUI checkpoints to verify the functionality of the GUI objects using Win Runner.
- Automated Test scripts for GUI Functionality, Regression, and Integration Testing using WinRunner.
- Executed the automated Test Cases and Test Sets in Test Director.
- Parameterized key elements to verify the Database Integrity.
- Enhanced Testing Scripts (TSL) to increase the performance of the application.
- Maintained log of test results using Test Director as per the rating and interacted with developers to resolve issues.
- Extensively used SQL for backend testing.
Environment: - Data Manual testing, Quality Center 9.2, WinRunner8.2, TestDirector 8.0, Oracle 8i, SQL, Windows XP and UNIX.
Confidential - Newark, NJ
- Involved in Business functionality review meetings and Use-Case Analysis.
- Analyzed the System Requirements, Functional requirements and Business Requirement Documents.
- Extensively communicated with Business Analysts to come up with efficient test plans and test cases.
- Followed Agile/Scrum process throughout SDLC. Attended daily scrum meetings with Business Users, Business Analysts, and Developers.
- Test cases will be developed based on the requirements supplied then scripts will be written to execute the testing steps.
- Mapping the requirements to test cases (Traceability matrix)
- Tested the claims processing in Facets.
- Worked with EDI transactions (270, 271, 835, 837)
- Involved in testing the Core Facets, Claims Processing and Adjudication of claims.
- Prepared Claim, Member, Provider Test data for test cases.
- Prepared EDI files for Electronic claims submission.
- Prepared Test data for test cases.
- Involved in Claims Processing for Institutional, Professional and Dental claims
- Submitted EDI Claims via FTP Process.
- Used Rational Suite to streamline test team’s activities and developed Test cases and Test Conditions for some of the modules of Application under Test.
- Worked on the continuous improvement of QA process by reviewing and evaluating existing practices with standard testing guidelines.
- Tracked the defects using Rational Suite and generated defect summary reports.
- Maintained Test Log and wrote Test Evaluation Summary Reports.
- Participated in Walkthrough’s and Technical Reviews all through the testing phase.
- Responsible for preparation of Weekly status report.
- Attended the GO-NOGO meetings
Environment: - Facets 4.51, Mainframes, TIBCO, Oracle, XML, Quick Test Pro, Windows XP, UNIX, MS-Office, Visio.