- Over 14 years of diverse experience in Information Technology providing extensive support in Business Analysis, Design, Quality Assurance, Software Testing, and support activities
- Have extensive experience in Healthcare, Finance and Telecommunication.
- Analytical, methodical, and resourceful approach to problem - solving, identifying root causes and corrective actions to meet short and long-term business and system requirements.
- Proven ability to assist the business with creating application road maps, gathering business requirements, and performing effective communications and expectation setting including understanding of business functional requirements matching to technical systems setups and configuration.
- Excellent analytical skills in understanding the business process (AS-IS and TO-BE), understanding the functional requirements and translating them to system requirement specifications.
- Experience in software configuration management activities to adhere to CMM level 5 standards, six sigma processes, TQM, continuous process improvement.
- Gained experience in Test Development and Test Execution of various web applications and client server applications
- Testing procedures like black box, white box, regression testing, data driven testing, user interface testing
- Excellent team player with problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- Solid skills in LoadRunner, QuickTest Pro, Rational Suite, ALM (QualityCenter) and PVCS.
- Experience in writing Test plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Good knowledge of Object- Oriented Analysis and design.
- Experience in Manual and Automated Testing.
- Self-motivated and have strong work ethics.
- Involved in writing programming scripts in TSL.
- Strong skills in performing System, Acceptance, Regression, Stress, Performance, Load, Functionality, Front End and Back End Testing.
- Skilled Confidential assessing client needs, working in a group, suggesting ideas that enhance efficiency and maximize performance, implementing cutting-edge technology solutions, and training/supporting end users.
- Extensive experience, primarily, in the areas of Maintenance, Development and testing of various software systems.
- Experience in conducting GAP analysis, facilitating JAD Process improvement, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
- Experience developing project management documents such as Schedule document, Lessons Learnt, Gantt Chart, Stakeholder Register, Team Status reports, Project Performance Report.
Testing and Reporting Tools: Rational ClearQuest, Rational ClearCase, Rational Test Manager, Clear quest, QuickTestPro, Rational Test Suite, LoadRunner, ALM, Sharepoint, PVCS Tracker
Methodology: Waterfall, RUP, Scrum, Agile, Six Sigma, CMM
MS Office: MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Visio
Internet Technologies: JDK, JDBC, Servlets, RMI and EJB, ASP, FrontPage, Macromedia DreamWeaver, Macromedia Flash/Fireworks.
GUI/Tools: Visual Basic, Visual SourceSafe
RDBMS: Oracle, MS-Access, MS SQL Server
Web Server: Netscape Web server, Apache, IIS
Operating System: Win NT/95/98/2000/XP, Unix and Linux.
Test Manager/Sr. Business Analyst
Environment: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Power Point, MS Visio, ALM(QualityCenter), Share Point, Java, TOAD, Oracle
- Responsible for executing test management activities for UAT, UCT and ORT.
- Develop comprehensive test plans (scenarios & scripting) and obtain approval from all stakeholders (Work Centers, IT and Product). Applies to UAT, UCT, and ORT.
- Responsible for confirming resources required and establishing test team, training plan/courses, communications plan, testing bridge and confirm operating rules for the duration of the testing project.
- Also lead & guided other testers and coordinated testing activities & hourly progress for the project. Ensure issues are raised & notify immediately on critical issues (for example testing blockers to IT and the Work Center management team as appropriate).
- Monitored & enforce UAT/ORT entry and exit criteria utilizing UAT/ORT project plan to establish timelines, owners, and tracking % actual to targets.
- Compile and deliver daily status progress reports in standard formats.
- Executed testing hands-on where applicable and feasible. Define extent during test planning activities as part of resource planning.
- Participated and provided input to Service Realization Test Methodology approved improvement activities.
- Conducted JAD sessions involving SME’s, business users, data administrators, system architects, managers and development team in order to create a good business process model.
- Identified the project scope, business objective, feasibilities and risks based on Scope/Vision documents.
- Reviewed test plans and test scripts developed by development team and QA team to make sure all requirements have been covered in scripts and tested properly.
Confidential, Riverdale, MD
Environment: Java, Weblogic, Tomcat, UNIX, Rational ClearQuest, Rational ClearCase, PCC(Process Command Center), Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, Toad, XMLspy, SecureFx, SecureCRT
- Responsible for the development of detailed quality assurance test plans, test case scenarios and test cases.
- Develop requirements and specification documentation associated with Treasury Management projects.
- Perform functional, regression and system testing for the Confidential application (Large transaction broker that collects information from a variety of trading partners) for old features, functionality, and enhancements to existing products.
- Frequently utilize Oracle 11g Database for query creation and execution with relation to the developing and executing test cases.
- Log defects using Confidential Clear Quest defect tracking systems and discuss defects with developers to clarify findings when needed; retest defects to validate fixes and update defect statues accordingly.
- Executes back-end file processing using UNIX Command Line Interface.
- Validate web based systems function correctly to display incoming transactions and reporting statistics.
- Provided testing support for release implementation/deployment to production.
- Provide operational, analytical and research support to Treasury Management operations, technical and business units.
- Attend requirements, high level, detailed design, and code reviews to gain knowledge and provide input from a testing perspective.
Confidential, Linthicum, MD
Sr. QA Analyst/Business Specialist
Environment: Oracle Financials (AR, AP, GL,FV) ERP 11.5.10, TOAD, Java, Websphere, Unix, Rational ClearQuest, Rational ClearCase, Rational Test Manager, ManageNow - IBMBug tracking system, QuicktestPro, LoadRunner, and Windows 2000 Client, Oracle Loans, HIGLAS Transaction Base HTB, Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, Autosys.
- Managed and responsible for projects, tasks and phases of the projects through ManageNow, Rational ClearCase, ClearQuest, and eRoom for program documentation of Quarterly Release BETA /PMR (Problem Management Record ) testing activities.
- Assisted the Maintenance Team Program Manager with the day to day management of the Integration and Data Conversion testing in the Quarterly Releases. Working knowledge of Federal Accounting and Budget processes within the Oracle modules.
- Liaison between the client and CMS contractors. Served as liaison with other systems, which interfaced with the accounting system to ensure that all requirements were identified and addressed.
- Managed and executed BETA/PMR testing which provided more comprehensive testing to ensure that the new and/or modified code function development improvements worked, not only within the specific component, but across the entire solution and in coordination with the third party system. Supported the development of policies and procedures for business requirements.
- Managed and established comprehensive BETA/PMR test plans that identified the nature and extent of BETA/PMR testing deemed necessary to achieve testing objectives for each of the Quarterly Releases.
- Managed and coordinated an orderly schedule of events which described test methodologies and strategies to be used and identified the entry and exit requirements, as well as, items to be delivered.
- Provided Management Reporting for progress and status for all Business related Work Products/Deliverables.
- Performed requirement gathering, design and development of test plans, test scenarios, test scripts, and test SQL queries.
- Executed and assisted with the functional testing and documentation of BETA/PMR test results. Supported testing of customizations, extensions, configuration of the application for multiple functional modules.
- Identified problems and subsequent resolutions that will be documented through the project defect reporting procedures. Recommended process improvements to management.
- Analyzed the Financial Reconciliation and Treasury Report of Receivables and Debt collection Activities for each Beta Quarterly Release testing to identify and document any variances within the budget and determined the correct accounting treatment. Extensive knowledge of analytical techniques, practices, research ability, interpreted and compared data to identify problems, report findings, arrived Confidential conclusions, and recommended actions to management.
- Participated in Test Planning Meetings, Status Calls, Peer Reviews, and Knowledge Transfer Training.
- Involved in performing negative testing against HIGLAS system
- Manually testing various Oracle applications core financial modules like AP, AR and GL
- Ensuring that the application functionality was according to the business rules and regulations.
- Creating a Master test plan for Systems Integrations Testing and also creating unit test cases for testing various modules to ensure the environment is ready for an integration testing process
- Maintaining a log of the issues faced during the Data Conversion and Systems Integration testing cycle
- Designing testing strategies with team members to accomplish the system and integration testing goals within the allotted testing time frame
- Validate that data is transmitted across defined interfaces.
- Management of test data within the Oracle system to preserve the relationships between ‘existing’ and inbound data
- Validating behavior of Websphere components when handling interface data
- Ensuring proper handling of file level errors by Websphere
- Ensuring the proper handling of data errors introduced to verify specific business rules
- Ensuring the proper receipt and processing of data by the Oracle 11i application layer for inbound interfaces
- Ensuring the proper preparation of data for the shared systems for outbound interfaces
- Validating the behavior of Websphere components when handling conversion data