Highly motivated IT Leader with successful record of designing, developing, implementing, and managing project teams working on business IT systems. Very skilled in systems analysis, database and program design, project management, formulation of guidelines, standards & SLA. Leads team with excellent problem - solving skills, mentoring and inspires innovation and continuous improvement. Strong ability to communicate effectively with senior management, technical, operational and business folks.
Project Management: Experienced project manager. Managed variety of development projects such as application/datamart design & development, technology porting, system interfaces analysis; operations schedule; software testing project; business cycle simulation test; data modeling design; metadata app development & metadata management. . Also managed technical operations and testing operations.
Financial Services: Worked on investment bank trading support application, asset datamart, trade surveillance; retail bank’s planning process automation; mortgage secondary market loan servicing & investor reporting
Information Technology: Well versed in system analysis & design including data modeling, development, operation & maintenance; IT operations; software testing. Hands-on experience in developing/managing systems utilizing C/C++, Java, Perl, Oracle, Sybase technologies
Team Management: People manager having experience of hiring employees/contractors; supervising, coaching & mentoring team/project members; matrix team management.
Industries: Financial Services, Banking, Mortgage Servicing, Healthcare
Project Domain: Application Development, Database/Datamart Design, Project Management
Hardware: HP 9000, SUN, Confidential, PCs, Compatibles
Operating Systems: UNIX, HP/UX, SUN Solaris, Microsoft Windows
RDBMS: ORACLE 10.x, 9.2i, 7.X, SYBASE 4.5-11.9.2, MS SQL Server 6 -7.0
Development Tools: Erwin, ER Studio, Visual Studio, Rational Rose, TOAD, DOORS
Applications: Microsoft Office including MS Project & MS Access, Visio
Configuration Tools: Rational ClearCase, ClearQuest, CVS
Performance Test/UAT Support Manager
- Managed/led Performance test that was responsible for performance testing of all major releases as well as any adhoc full-volume testing. In addition to planned full-volume testing, also designed and implemented a monthly full-volume simulation of monthly cycle close using production data.
- This simulation allowed accounting and cash operations to validate cash reports prior to actual close and take suitable proactive actions if any anomaly was found.
- Consistently won accolades from business partners for successful planning and execution of this critical test.
- Responsibilities included plan and supervise testing activities; assign tasks to team members; collaborate with performance engineering to finalize performance targets.
- Managed UAT Support team that carries out all technical operations for a large UAT Testing team enabling UAT testers to accomplish lot of test case execution in short span of time.
- Also led a cross-functional group to create and establish SLA (Service Level Agreement) for multiple technical systems and their stakeholders to formalize common understanding of various service attributes
Mortgage Servicing System
Technical Operations Manager
- REDESIGNED metadata management application to make it more maintainable and efficient improving the deployment 33% to 66% faster than the previous version. Supervised development efforts providing technical and managerial guidance to the team. IMPROVED database design for improved query capabilities and lower maintenance overheads for the application code by actively leading cross-functional team of data modelers, developers, database administrators (DBAs) to review and redesign database. Simplification of database led to maintainable code, simpler and efficient queries.
- LED Reports development team to reengineer Actuate Reports/Oracle View to Crystal Reports/Oracle Stored Procedures as well as in corporate functional changes.
- REDUCED turnaround time from 10 to 3 business days for database builds by implementing changes to data modeling policies allowing for fast-track for certain types of routine changes.
- DESIGNED and modeled transactional and operational database for Servicing System. As lead designer, defined the data architecture for reporting database. Collaborated with business requirements, functional development, and ETL teams to finalize the database design.
- DEFINED and implemented process for managing changes to logical and physical data models and metadata.
- DEFINED and implemented data modeling standards for the project.
- Standardized naming policy for data elements, led technical team to design data architecture, data provisioning procedures for Payor System, a data warehouse for major pharmaceutical firm, developed to analyze customers’ purchasing activities.
- Enhanced an asset management reporting warehouse for a major investment bank to accept many more data sources; designed complex, source specific business rules data transformations; devised a solution to track code coverage for complex business rules than enabled client end users with their acceptance testing efforts.
- Led the development team and collaborated with client central data group to ensure compliance with client IT standards.
- Designed, developed and implemented Automated Testing and Change Management System for a major investment bank’s Credit Risk Management Department enabling client IT staff to efficiently and reliably manage revisions and testing of their code base.
- For a major investment bank, worked on Private Client Service Management Reporting System.
- This is a web-enabled system that allows dynamic drill down. Was responsible for writing Sybase stored procedures and UNIX scripts.
- Also implemented a reporting application in Sybperl that generated an Excel compatible spreadsheet with links to Bridge application.
- For a major investment bank, worked on surveillance and compliance system for their trading systems. Designed/developed data acquisition using C++. Also, developed Sybase stored procedures and maintained Java front-end programs. Helped the development team maintain data model by reverse engineering existing database using ERWin.