- Accomplished and result - driven Quality Assurance management professional with over 9 years experience in quality assurance, design verification and system design in the software industry. Hands-on experience as manager with proven ability to direct and improve quality programs, reducing defects and improving overall efficiency and productivity.
- Highly adept at developing and implementing test strategies, operational procedures and quality methodologies to support development and release of business applications in the international geographically dispersed companies.
- Expertise in testing of design tools, with familiarity in multiple programming languages and worked in Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Able to train, lead and motivate effective cross functional teams.
- Experienced in the integration and testing of third party software.
Software: Oracle Tools SQL Plus, Navigator, Developer 2000/6, Microsoft Project 2000, SOAP, CVS, SVN, HP Quality Center, SOAP UI, Clear Quest, Clear Case, J2EE
Databases: Oracle 7/8i/9i/10g/11i, Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005, My SQL 5.5
Technology Skills: Selenium web driver, Selenium IDE, QTP, Visual Studio 2013, Microsoft TFS, Microsoft Test Manager, Performance Center 11.5, HP Quality Center, HP Quick Test Professional, HP Site Scope, HP Unified Functional Testing, HP Load Runner, SoapUI
Test Lead in Quality Testing
- Leading QA team and also maintaining the project as Project Manager, responsible for testing and supporting windows based and Web based applications.
- Created Test plans which describes the features and functions to be tested
- Expert in writing test scripts manually.
- Created and managed system testing schedule.
- Created manual and automated tests.
- Run builds to deploy the fixes to QA and UAT Environments.
- Used Quality centre to track, analyze and document defects.
- Involved in developing Entry & Exit criteria and defined the pass and fail standards.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues (Change Requests).
- Performed Integration testing, System testing and Regression testing.
- Wrote and executed SQL Statements to retrieve data from backend.
- Execution of the test scenarios and scripts and review of product functionality.
- Data driven tests to execute the test scripts with various data, which facilitates positive and Negative Testing, to test various features, functionality and performance of the application software.
- Performed regression testing using Selenium and also manually.
- Conducted Smoke testing, performance testing, data driven testing, screen navigational testing, Application Integration Manually.
- Effective co - ordination between development team and testing team.
- Lead a team of 14 off shore QA members on 4 different projects.
- Create Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirements identifies all test conditions and test data needs.
- Actively involved in walkthroughs and meetings with development team to discuss related issues and communicating the team with the issues using ALM.
- Execution of the test cases by testing the backend data that was involved in the legacy process using the XML files.
- Building a high performance QA team by hiring, training, coaching and mentoring QA engineers.
Environment: Selenium Webdriver, Java, Selenium IDE, Windows 7, Shell scripts, MS-Office, IE9, IE11, XML, HTML, Web logic Server, WindowsXP, Toad for MySQL, MySQL Server 5.5, Apache, Tomcat, Wiki, SVN, XML, Ant.
Senior Software Tester
- Developed multiple Test plans with different test scopes including strategy, metrics, entry/exit criteria, requirements and aided management team with resource planning for accomplishing QA goals to meet overall project deadlines
- Developed Test Cases for Manual and Automation testing to cover overall QA for final UAT approval. Involved in Sanity, Functional, System, Black Box, White Box, Regression, Backend testing activities
- Worked as Subject Matter and Performed Manual Testing on different modules of the application, including Functional, Regression, Performance, UAT and Access Online applications.
- Tracked and communicated project progress to management teams in a weekly report which included various QA Metrics, status and blocking issues using Bugzilla.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to ensure requirements are validated by QA team. Logged defects through defect tracking tools and re - validated data to ensure accuracy of data and track status of defect
- Performed Web service testing by creating test cases and test scenarios using Selenium IDE tool.
- Responsible for validating the XML file based on the XSD.
- Extensively used Selenium IDE to develop test harness for Web Services.
- Involved in conference calls with clientele and attend the status meetings, project meetings and product release meetings.
- Actively participated in daily Scrums and project planning meetings
- Performed Regression Testing and Involve in Debugging the scripts.
- Identified outstanding high defects that have not been addressed by the project team.
- Continually innovate and create new ideas & procedures for the Quality Control team.
- Ability to work independently and adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Prepared a user training guide and provides training to the new users as needed.
Environment: Agile Development Environment, Selenium IDE, QTP, Windows XP, Oracle 10g, Oracle Forms, Shell scripts, Java, Bugzilla, Quality Center 9.0, XML, Oracle Manufacturing, SQL Developer, Remote Function Calls, Oracle ERP, SQL Net, MS Share Point, Apache, Tomcat
- Include testing and analyzing the system testing, functionality testing Integration testing.
- Assisted in writing the test plans and testing the functionality for the web - based application.
- Writing test cases for the application with respect to the user requirement document.
- Attended several walkthrough meeting with Business analysts, Project Manager and Developers and provided feedback accordingly.
- Got involved in preparing scenarios for the regression testing using automation tools.
- Execution of the test scenarios and test scripts and review of product functionality.
- Testing of various kinds of interfaces depending on the applications.
- Preparation of Functional Test Plan and writing actual Test Cases Running the test scripts using Quality Center.
- Administered Quality Center partly by creating the users user groups and assigning privileges to Users.
- Manually written the SQL queries to test the back end database.
- Created Test Plans which describes the features and functions to be tested.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios for functional testing as documented in the test plan.
- Wrote SQL Statements to retrieve data form backend.
- Performed Web Testing to check for broken Links in the Web Page.
- Used Test Director to plan tests, Manage test assets, create and run manual test.
- Created, Updated and maintained Test Scripts for different builds and releases.
Environment: QTP, Oracle, HTML, Windows XP, SQL Server, Shell scripts, Java, Quality Center 9.0, Apache, Tomcat, SVN, LDAP server, XML.